• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Journeys still has 16 episodes left in Japan apparently

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
I wonder if they found out they're getting cancelled, and these last episodes are meant to wrap up Ash's journey...
That's a terrifying thought, and knowing how they've discontinued the movies around 2019 it is actually rather hard to dismiss the idea entirely.

Trillion

not that surprised tbh. i've been saying for a while that a potential new series [if there's even gonna be a new series at all] doesn't have to line up with the new games. people got too hung up on the "leaks" saying it's ending at 131 episodes

Sham

The Guardian of War
I’d honestly be kind of sad. Not about Ash really but the other characters rather

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
It’d be for the best. I’d be sad and nostalgic but the anime as it is has run its course at this point, if the production issues keep going and SV is just more of the same problems then I’d rather they call it quits. If the extra episodes are real then I genuinely think the anime ending or undergoing a major overhaul after JN is a big possibility; it just doesn’t seem logical or reasonable to keep the same series airing 4-5 months after the release of a new gen no matter the premise. I wish we’d get something concrete soon because this speculation is killing me

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Given what we know of JN’s production it would’ve been a fool’s errand to try and make the films on top of that
Plus I don’t think Secrets of the Jungle did very well financially

Sham

The Guardian of War
It’d be for the best. I’d be sad and nostalgic but the anime as it is has run its course at this point, if the production issues keep going and SV is just more of the same problems then I’d rather they call it quits. If the extra episodes are real then I genuinely think the anime ending or undergoing a major overhaul after JN is a big possibility; it just doesn’t seem logical or reasonable to keep the same series airing 4-5 months after the release of a new gen no matter the premise. I wish we’d get something concrete soon because this speculation is killing me
Come to think about it all of the companions returning and some basically achieving their goals (Brock, Iris, Lillie, Serena) might be a sign it’s ending. That would be sad but it was bound to end anyway I guess

Brock is a Doctor

Serena makes a bunch of people smile and is a idol known in Kalos and Hoenn

Iris is the best Dragon user in the world

Lillie found her dad.

Most of these characters have peaked

Last edited:

Xuxuba

I do find the longer wait to be tiresome, but just because i am curious to know wtf they are going to do with Ash after this series, not because i am keeping my hopes high that next series will be better after 6 years with 2 of the series that enerved the most.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
If this was going to get canceled, the easier idea would be to just....end production at the point they were told it was over. Why needlessly prolong it in main syndication if any remaining ancillary material could be accomplished in special bite-size one-offs with a smaller budget like Twilight Wings?

If anything, I think the opposite has more validity: that they were told that the series doesn't need to have the games' release windows act as a millstone around its neck, and that they can go as long as they want to to finish a story now. That makes a lot more sense than "Wrap it up, George." in the context of the recaps and breaks we had: with the new knowledge of a more liberal schedule, they can go and expand on segments and make them their own episodes like they wanted, instead of cramming everything in a tight space at the last minute, and if breaks are needed to get some additional scenes made for this, so be it.

Last edited:

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
If this was going to get canceled, the easier idea would be to just....end production at the point they were told it was over. Why needlessly prolong it in main syndication if any remaining ancillary material could be accomplished in special bite-size one-offs with a smaller budget like Twilight Wings?
Maybe they aren't prolonging it. Maybe this is how the series was planned out to be, but with all the breaks, they have to extend the time.