• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Journeys still has 16 episodes left in Japan apparently

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
The biggest opportunity was the Arceus miniarc with Dawno going to Hisui and her Quilava becoming Hisuian Typhlosion. Also Lopunny would make sense

Agree about Lopunny, but I just think Hisuian Typhlosion would feel very weird. I'd rather Quilava just become a regular Typhlosion.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Neither Ash or Goh (especially) have gotten one believable loss and have ascended through the ranks fast.

Johto is the laughingstock of relevance.

They bothered to show Diantha VS. Lance, but then decided to completely skip Diantha VS. Leon and literally used a slideshow.

The fact that Ash VS. Leon may not even take a fourth of the remaining episodes.

The training episodes only last one episode of relevance (Lucario's were the silliest) and become the key to defeating Ash's next opponent (unless you're Gengar learning Will-o-Wisp).

Oh, and let's not forget half of Ash's team was already fully evolved, and how fast Goh's Pokemon evolve without his input and focus.
Like these children shows where the solution is teased in the beginning of the episode

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Agree about Lopunny, but I just think Hisuian Typhlosion would feel very weird. I'd rather Quilava just become a regular Typhlosion.
Would it feel weirder than Ash Dracovish?

We are supposed to get some Hisuian Pokemon in SV.

Let this dumpster fire of an anime end. COVID might have ended the anime after JN for all we know

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I just struggle to think of anything they can do after Ash vs Leon that wouldn’t make the end of the series feel oddly paced and anticlimactic. Ending it on the battle and an episode or two of epilogue and closure was the best way the series could’ve ended, and it being dragged on no matter if it’s SV implementation or not will feel strange. Like an long Alexa-esque setup arc would throw things off

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
The most logical explanation would be Project Mew being the Evil guys and Ash needing to Team up with Gary/Goh against the Urshifu Trainers and Professor.

Sad most of the Champions are away as a Rainbow Rocket Arc where various Champions would need to fight boxart Legendaries would've been fun.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm actually okay with this tbh, this means my girl Chloe can get a proper conclusion hopefully <3!!!!

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
So people are genuinely taking the word of the American dub -which probably just copy/pasted the general number for their seasons- and expect that Japan hasn't adjusted their schedule to start the SV anime when they should? Okay.

I’ll just be the one to say it: What was the point of making Leon’s battles half of the episode? From an outside perspective I just considered them running out of time. Not that I’m complaining about it but that was my original thinking process.

So we don't see all of Leon's tricks before the finale? It's why we've only seen Charizard and Rillaboom (and a bit of Dragapult) fighting. Charizard rotates its moveset so what it will do remains a mystery, so Leon's options are still at least halfway unspoiled.

Then why in God's name are things getting getting rushed like this?

We just got a 3 part semifinal. Even battles like Diantha vs. Lance got a full episode. I'm not seeing evidence of rushing.

Neither Ash or Goh (especially) have gotten one believable loss and have ascended through the ranks fast.

Johto is the laughingstock of relevance.

They bothered to show Diantha VS. Lance, but then decided to completely skip Diantha VS. Leon and literally used a slideshow.

The fact that Ash VS. Leon may not even take a fourth of the remaining episodes.

The training episodes only last one episode of relevance (Lucario's were the silliest) and become the key to defeating Ash's next opponent (unless you're Gengar learning Will-o-Wisp).

Oh, and let's not forget half of Ash's team was already fully evolved, and how fast Goh's Pokemon evolve without his input and focus.

Didn't Ash lose to Bea? Goh was substantially behind and had to catch up last minute to get in.

Johto being a laughingstock has nothing to do with a series supposedly being rushed.

Skipping most of Leon vs. Diantha gives us bigger surprises when he finally uses all his pokemon against Ash, similar to Kukui dropping a Venusaur and Empoleon on Ash out of nowhere - or how Paul used a substantially different team to what we expected.

"The FACT that Ash vs. Leon MAY". Your literally stating what you indicate as an assumption as a fact.

"Training episodes last one episode and one episode of relevance." So did Buizel's Ice Punch training for instance. Not every move needs an arc. You don't see Sirfetch'd Meteor Assault-training as critical for its win against Drasna ánd being critical for Ash's turnaround vs. Cynthia's Milotic and Garchomp - or Lucario's Aura Bond boosting its Aura Sphere vs. Duraludon and Togekiss?

Ash met Dragonite as a Dragonair. Gengar I'll give you. Dracovish is a standalone monstrosity, I don't know if I'd count that. Goh's starters well.. Cinderace is the better of the two and had something resembling an character arc and Inteleon was probably handled as badly as Charizard back in the day (specifically Charmeleon->Zard), but I think it was hilarious how it is one of the few Journeys pokemon that showed genuine emotion and it still gets hated upon.

Suppose we did have all these episodes left, what would YOU do with the time?

Perpetuate Journeys to infinity and beyond.

Dawn with H-Typhlosion and M-Lopunny would've been pretty badass to be completely honest..
- Piplup
- M-Lopunny
- Pachirisu
- Mamoswine
- H-Typhlosion
- Togekiss

It's sad that we have TWO main characters with a Quilava and the writers didn't opt to evolve either when Typhlosion got this twist.

Bring back Rose, who went MIA for 2 years.

Would've assumed that they had this planned.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
So people are genuinely taking the word of the American dub -which probably just copy/pasted the general number for their seasons- and expect that Japan hasn't adjusted their schedule to start the SV anime when they should? Okay.
That’s not how PR for an international company works.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
What is even left to do with that many extra episodes? If it were like 3 or 4 more I could understand, but this just doesn't really add up

masdog

What is even left to do with that many extra episodes? If it were like 3 or 4 more I could understand, but this just doesn't really add up
Ash vs Leon would take up a few episodes. Project Mew could be another multi-episode arc. After that? Maybe something that brings all of the old companions together to celebrate ash’s accomplishments. Or a final TR arc…

Or JN continues as-is and just adds Paldea to the regional rotation.

The dub episode list could also include the 4 episodes from the direct-to-Amazon special earlier this year. But it may not include the recap episodes.

I’m not sure if this is being extended to be Ash’s sendoff or wrapping up the show. Those are possibilities, but we have no evidence of anything right now.

masdog

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
This doesn't make sense. If the show really has so many episodes left, why start the PWC so early? Even if Goh were to do PM, I doubt it and the Leon battle would take up so many episodes. Hell, why finish Chloe's story so early?