• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Journeys still has 16 episodes left in Japan apparently

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
It could be that Goh's and Chloe's plots got wrapped up this "early" because this section after Leon is being reserved for falling action after the climax. Something to happen for Ash so that he doesn't fall into the same top-of-the-mountain trap Leon did.

We still have an Isle of Armor left unexplored. Maybe Ash goes there next at Leon's insistence and Ash gets smacked down by Mustard? Bonus points, Mustard beats him with an Urshifu he just recently hatched and raised from a Kubfu, providing a direct parallel to Ash's star Lucario. Mustard would stop the angst character crisis before it gets started and psych Ash up for the next adventure.

SatoSereFan224888

We still have an Isle of Armor left unexplored. Maybe Ash goes there next at Leon's insistence and Ash gets smacked down by Mustard? Bonus points, Mustard beats him with an Urshifu he just recently hatched and raised from a Kubfu, providing a direct parallel to Ash's star Lucario. Mustard would stop the angst character crisis before it gets started and psych Ash up for the next adventure.
Don’t like this idea. Besides I’d rather see Goh travel to Island of Armor than Ash.

Jeal

Didn't XY's final episode comprise of nothing but an unconnected story that had only Sycamore and Alexa as the main focus characters?

One of these episodes, likely the last one, could do something like that, with Sonia going over the legend of the two kings or something.
Oh yeah, this stupid special is one of the writers's biggest sins. How could they give us a completely pointless special over a special of Serena on Hoenn?

Rune Knight

Heck yeah this pretty much nullifies most of my worries in regards to the finale being rushed. Now we definitely have room for more content being delivered at an appropriate pace.

My hope is that this will make room for a 4 episode PM arc (I don't think that we need more than that), a 4 episode Ash vs. Leon battle (though I would be fine with just 3), and 3 wrap-up episodes. The other 6-7 episodes could consist of further world-building, development, and maybe a few fillers/recaps if they need to.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Xerneas and Yveltal sure were done dirty in the main story, weren't they.

I guess that happens when you import a LEGENDARY GIANT ROCK (tm) from Hoenn, mix it up with unseen Mega Evolution energy, Zygarde Cells, and a Chespin.

...Yup. I can't still believe I keep writing all that nonsense together.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

I guess that happens when you import a LEGENDARY GIANT ROCK (tm) from Hoenn, mix it up with unseen Mega Evolution energy, Zygarde Cells, and a Chespin.

Someone got paid to turn a SpongeBob rock joke into a plot point. I still can’t believe that

to this day it remains one of the most bafflingly written episodes that ever made it to air for how severely wasteful it was. A bunch of lore dumping for no reason when the season already ended, with lore that isn’t even relevant to the present given Xerneas and Yvetal’s zero involvement with the XYZ plot. I just want to know who that was for and why Serena’s ep slot was essentially wasted
Beta Amourshipping but sadder
I ship those two

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
If there is still 16 episodes left for Journeys to end then Ash vs Leon could be the longest Pokemon battle in the whole show. It might be even longer than Ash VS Kukui. It's a possibility but I can see it happening.

Rune Knight

Regardless, I feel like they'll probably introduce a few or maybe a number of Paldea elements just to promote the games and since Journeys does comprise every region.

Just for fun, here are my predictions for the remaining unconfirmed episodes in the event that this turns out true which I don't see why it wouldn't:

JN128 - Vermillion City Episode / Goh gets called for PM.
JN129 - PM Part 1 / Ash and Chloe travel with Goh on his search to find Mew.
JN130 - PM Part 2 / Rose returns.
JN131 - PM Part 3 / Goh's Cinderace G-Maxes / Chloe's Eevee G-Maxes
JN132 - PM Part 4 / Goh catches Mew but doesn't keep it, likely releases it or donates it to PM.
JN133 - Return to Vermillion City / Goh ponders on what to do next.
JN134 - Ash, Goh, and Chloe travel to Paldea Part 1 (S/V Promotion)
JN135 - Ash, Goh, and Chloe travel to Paldea Part 2 (S/V Promotion)
JN136 - Return to Galar / Ash prepares to face Leon.
JN137 - Masters Tournament Recap
JN138 - Ash vs. Leon Part 1
JN139 - Ash vs. Leon Part 2
JN140 - Ash vs. Leon Part 3
JN141 - Ash vs. Leon Part 4 (Final) / Ash wins.
JN142 - Pallet Town Part 1 / Victory Party.
JN143 - Pallet Town Part 2 / Goh and Chloe Wrap-Up.
JN144 - Pallet Town Part 3 / Goodbye Episode / Goh and Chloe return to Vermillion City.

Last edited:

Rune Knight

- G-Max Eevee
- G-Max Cinderace
- G-Max Inteleon

I could see Eevee and Cinderace happening during the PM arc, don't know too much about Inteleon though, but I hope happens.

- More Galar Gym Leaders Debuting

Could see them cameo during Leon's battle with Ash, cheering Leon on as the Galar Champion and representative of the region.

- Calyrex debuting

Sadly, and despite the extension, I don't think that we'll have the sufficient time for this. Maybe in a Post-Journeys special episode featuring Goh or Chloe, or maybe even in the next series heck I definitely wouldn't mind, plus I'M personally hoping for Journeys to continue into Gen IX.

- Misty Returning

Probably won't be the star of a main episode but I am very confident that she will cameo / cheer Ash on along with the other companion during his battle with Leon, and maybe appear in a post-victory episode.

- Hisuian Pokemon debuts

I am hoping for at least a few of them to appear, maybe during PM, and for Goh to maybe catch one or two since he's technically missing a pokémon that is native to that region if we were to count it different from Sinnoh. I think it would also be nice if Leon was to have one in his team, my personal vote would be on Sneasler.

- Isle of Armor

I hope that we see Mustard during PM. I could see him being a former mentor to Danika and Quillon, and nodding to being a former mentor to Leon and a Galar Champion.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Things that are still on the Table

- G-Max Eevee
- G-Max Cinderace
- G-Max Inteleon
- More Galar Gym Leaders Debuting
- Calyrex debuting
- Misty Returning
- Hisuian Pokemon debuts
- Isle of Armor
Actually G-max Cinderace&Inteleon vs both G-Max Urshifu would be neat.

I think they will skip IoA since both Urshifu are part of Project Mew and the G-max Soup plot was given to Allister.

A trip to Hisui would be nice and a battle with Volo:-D

Jeal

Yeah, I want to write a fanfic adaptation of the XY games focusing on them with a completely different plot. The only problem is that my english grammar is very bad, and I don't know if it's worth the effort.

Yeah, there are things to praise about the TF arc, but the plot is not one of them. When they explained Lysandre's plan of having the two rocks to collide to make the world to go boom, I was like "wtf, really? Is that the plan? How the chosen ones will survive?". And the killer vines man, that was ridiculous. Lysandre's 20 seconds motivation to go Thanos mode was even more bland than the games one.