• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Journeys still has 16 episodes left in Japan apparently

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
What about XY?!?
It's the worst of them all.
Sorry not sorry and angry reactions won't change my opinions so cope with that.

Akashin

COVID really screwed up production. Plus I though the new games wouldn’t release until next year because COVID probably screwed up development of SV but I guess the developers were able to work on it from home.
COVID didn't slow down the SWSH Expansion Pass, BDSP or Legends, so why would it have slowed down this?
What about XY?!?
The real question is, why does it matter? Like what you like. Dislike what you dislike. Why do another person's tastes matter in the slightest?

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Take a nap, Locormus, masdog was still right

It's still four batches being released, and with the choice of 12 for batch 1 that could easily mean up to approximately 48 episodes

Which means up to JN141 in Japan, the series is still not ending in 2022 :)

I think you do not know how to read, or that your desire for Journeys to continue blinds you.

It says that this initial releases will be 12 episodes, then three following releases it does not say anything that it will be 12 + 12 + 12 + 12, you should have noted that since 54 it's not a number that you can reach by multiplying 12. It could be 12 episodes + 10 + 10 + 10.
Unclear.

There's a possibility they released information that was not meant to be known yet, and were asked by OLM or TPCi to remove it. Editors note doesn't specify which it is, just that the 'details about the number of episodes were included in error'.

I'm honestly leaning towards the idea that they accidentally leaked something and were instructed to remove it.

They never made any mistakes regarding episode counts in their previous press releases, so it would be highly unusual if they did so now.

Then why hid it? I don't know, this series and everything surrounding it is a circus. But as you said, we should play the waiting game...

nuzamaki90

COVID didn't slow down the SWSH Expansion Pass, BDSP or Legends, so why would it have slowed down this?
Because game development and animating a weekly tv show is =/=. Game studios and animation studios are two entirely different things. GameFreak had most of their employees working from home, which is something they were already experience doing.

Last edited:

UnovaMaster

I think you do not know how to read, or that your desire for Journeys to continue blinds you.

It says that this initial releases will be 12 episodes, then three following releases it does not say anything that it will be 12 + 12 + 12 + 12, you should have noted that since 54 it's not a number that you can reach by multiplying 12. It could be 12 episodes + 10 + 10 + 10.

Then why hid it? I don't know, this series and everything surrounding it is a circus. But as you said, we should play the waiting game...

Can I get you a 54 day vacation to Cope-a-Cabana?

Akashin

Because game development and animating a weekly tv show is =/=. Game studios and animation studios are two entirely different things. GameFreak had most of their employees working from home, which is something they were already experience doing.
I couldn't agree more. The person I quoted, however, was talking about COVID delaying the games.

lanmanna

It's the worst of them all.
Sorry not sorry and angry reactions won't change my opinions so cope with that.
Very well stated. I don't like it because I don't like it. Thanks for the explanation on your hot take.

The real question is, why does it matter? Like what you like. Dislike what you dislike. Why do another person's tastes matter in the slightest?
Because I like for people to expound on why they (don't) like something, rather than "It just sucks" or "greatest thing ever." Otherwise, it comes across as trolling or fanboying respectively. Of course I know people have different tastes and I respect that. It just seems like someone is trolling when their initial comment was "I wish this show was canceled."

BTW, Pokegirl, you can just stop watching the show if you hate it so much. It has no impact on you if it continues. Not sure why you'd wish for it to be canceled when it'd be depriving those that do. I stopped watching it regularly after XY. I just like checking in on Ash's journey now (via the ep guides and forums).

Last edited:

colomb

Whoever probably just assumed the series would have "approximately" the same number of episodes as the sun/moon series and was oblivious to everything going on. Many people who work for this company probably aren't even fans.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
She doesn't need one.

It's a travesty that neither Ash's or Dawn's Quilava got to evolve in Hisuian Typhlosion. I get they may have not wanted to touch Ash's (since it already evolved once during a cameo appearance), but Dawn's Quilava has been a core member of her team so there wouldn't have been an issue with regards to 'it evolved without training'-sentiments.

I personally would've liked to see her return with Lopunny as well, potentially Mega Evolving it, but once BDSP revealed there wasn't going to by an option to Mega Evolve the pokemon in those games I actually became quite bitter about it..

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
It's a travesty that neither Ash's or Dawn's Quilava got to evolve in Hisuian Typhlosion. I get they may have not wanted to touch Ash's (since it already evolved once during a cameo appearance), but Dawn's Quilava has been a core member of her team so there wouldn't have been an issue with regards to 'it evolved without training'-sentiments.

I personally would've liked to see her return with Lopunny as well, potentially Mega Evolving it, but once BDSP revealed there wasn't going to by an option to Mega Evolve the pokemon in those games I actually became quite bitter about it..
This just sounds like you want evolutions for the sake of evolutions.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Under the assumption that the dub episode leak count was correct, would that have included the clip show episodes? IIRC those usually don't get dubbed, so it might be possible that there's 19 episodes remaining instead of 16.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Because I like for people to expound on why they (don't) like something, rather than "It just sucks" or "greatest thing ever." Otherwise, it comes across as trolling or fanboying respectively. Of course I know people have different tastes and I respect that. It just seems like someone is trolling when their initial comment was "I wish this show was canceled."

BTW, Pokegirl, you can just stop watching the show if you hate it so much. It has no impact on you if it continues. Not sure why you'd wish for it to be canceled when it'd be depriving those that do. I stopped watching it regularly after XY. I just like checking in on Ash's journey now (via the ep guides and forums).

Or you know, just ignore what other people say regarding their opinion, especially if you consider it ‘trolling’. Rather than trying to police what and how people say things.

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
Under the assumption that the dub episode leak count was correct, would that have included the clip show episodes? IIRC those usually don't get dubbed, so it might be possible that there's 19 episodes remaining instead of 16.
It was confirmed to be a miscount by the TPCi. It was an error.