• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Journeys still has 16 episodes left in Japan apparently

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Or you know…… just regular Typhlosion. It’d be really dumb and a slap in the face lore wise to randomly give Dawn a basically extinct evolution that would have no logical reason to exist in the present.
If the specials actually focused on Hisui then Dawn getting Hisuian Typhlosion wouldn’t be a problem; the anime has created so many ways for seemingly impossible things to happen before. I think it suits Contests and Dawn herself more than the regular Typhlosion tbh

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Or you know…… just regular Typhlosion. It’d be really dumb and a slap in the face lore wise to randomly give Dawn a basically extinct evolution that would have no logical reason to exist in the present
She was born and raised in future-Hisui, and so was Quilava. It's not too out there that there's some obscure way for it to become its Hisuian form.

Soniman

Break the Limit
She was born and raised in future-Hisui, and so was Quilava. It's not too out there that there's some obscure way for it to become its Hisuian form.
I guess, I just think it’d be a lot of pointless hoop jumping when regular Typhlosion would be just fine for her, especially since it’s such a underutilized Pokémon to begin with

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Apparently, Ash's Pikachu has Galarian roots somehow, but no one questions that.

(Meanwhile, Red's Pikachu has the same thing going for him, and the characters actually do question how a Viridian Forest Pikachu can G-Max at all.)
Someone dropped max soup in Viridian

Jibanyan

It says "Fans can stay tuned for more details" they haven't say what was exactly the error. I think they are investigating were the error came from and where they got that number

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
“The details were included in error” is not the same as miscounting.

The wording there is very deliberate…
COVID didn't slow down the SWSH Expansion Pass, BDSP or Legends, so why would it have slowed down this?
Producing an anime is different than producing a video game. While it is possible to do both remotely, game development has different hardware and software needs that might make it easier to shift to remote work/work from home. I can more easily do game development through a virtual or Remote Desktop than animation. Wacom tablets aren’t the easiest thing to pass into a virtual desktop…it’s supported, but it doesn’t always provide the best experience.

(See here for using Wacom devices with VMware Horizon, which is a virtual desktop solution I work with: http://developer-docs.wacom.com/faqs/docs/q-sig/howto-config-vmware)

Sorry, but this just strikes me the wrong way because of how far from the truth it is. Video game development is far from easy, it's much harder than working on an animated show (regardless of digital or hand drawn) can ever be. Experience =/= ease of operation.
No one is saying that game development is easy. It’s very hard. But my experience tells me that building a remote work/WFH solution for game developers would be easier than building one for animators. Peripheral support would be the biggest challenge for animators as they use some specific types of software and drawing tablets that might not be supported in remote work scenarios.

Even with WFH game developers have to endure severe crunch and the hassle of coordinating over the internet, along with maintaining our opsec. Besides, WFH is only applicable to back-end and asset creation to an extent, everything else still needs to be done in the studio. At times, there's also the potential threat of development hell stagnation that can end up with a product being outright cancelled by the publishers, and not even a sunk cost fallacy can save it.
Coordinating over the internet isn’t that big of a problem. Distributed development has been a thing for a long time, and there are tools and processes for making this work. Daily standup meetings over Zoom suck, but it’s possible…

Maintaining OpSec also isn’t a problem. It’s possible to build a development environment where the developers remotely access their workstations in a data center, cloud, or even their physical development workstations in the office. In the early days of the pandemic, I consulted with a few studios looking to provide their developers with remote access to their desktops to continue working on their gaming projects despite being at home.

The biggest thing to make this work in a data center is NVIDIA GRID cards. They’re expensive and hard to get right now due to supply chain issues, but they can deliver a virtual desktop capable of 3D gaming.

This means that the number is wrong.
No, it doesn’t. If the number was wrong, they would have said the number was wrong.

nuzamaki90

Sorry, but this just strikes me the wrong way because of how far from the truth it is. Video game development is far from easy, it's much harder than working on an animated show (regardless of digital or hand drawn) can ever be. Experience =/= ease of operation.

Even with WFH game developers have to endure severe crunch and the hassle of coordinating over the internet, along with maintaining our opsec. Besides, WFH is only applicable to back-end and asset creation to an extent, everything else still needs to be done in the studio. At times, there's also the potential threat of development hell stagnation that can end up with a product being outright cancelled by the publishers, and not even a sunk cost fallacy can save it.
Right, but if you compare one studio that is already used to working in and out of office to another studio that has basically revolutionized their in-house production schedule that now suddenly has to work from home, there’s obviously going to be a clear difference in quality. It’s quite a disingenuous argument.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Lmao this such a mess

Greatt -_- Now Dawn won't be getting a team change
What made you think she was getting one in the first place?
This just sounds like you want evolutions for the sake of evolutions.
No but an evolution would've at least showed that there was some actual Progression in Dawn's Journey

Especially when every other companion who returned got at least SOME kind of new update.

Dawn on the other hand reeks of stagnation

Rune Knight

My expectations as an OG fan of DP :/

I don't blame you.

Most of the returning characters were given new party changes and they didn't have nearly as much emphasis as Dawn; and in addition to all of the Sinnoh promotion it's kind of odd that she wasn't given one, despite it being the second series in which returned in.

I do hope that there are in fact more episodes left in this series and that there will be enough time to provide her with at least something, with my hopes leaning towards H-Typhlosion.

Last edited:
As someone who was stressing about JN running out of time for its plots and epilogue I guess this is good news. Sucks for the people who wanted it to end I guess but I’m happy it’ll stick around for a little bit longer. There really wasn’t any rule that each new sagas HAVE to release the exact same time as their respective games anyway
it was already denied

Jeal

BTW, Pokegirl, you can just stop watching the show if you hate it so much. It has no impact on you if it continues. Not sure why you'd wish for it to be canceled when it'd be depriving those that do. I stopped watching it regularly after XY. I just like checking in on Ash's journey now (via the ep guides and forums).
I mean... yeah. I don't see the point on keeping up with a show that I hate so much, even more when I hate the protagonist. And it's an illusion to think that his replacement will be a tomboy, when it's obvious that the next protagonist would be an Ash 2.0.

Pokemon Power

I've figured out what's going on

We are actually getting up to JN147 in Japan

The US will have a final count of 144 because the recaps are not part of the PR's total

Neither are the four Arceus episodes part of the PR's total

But look what happens when you add the 144 + 3 recaps + 4 Arceusodes

You get the number 151

Journeys is DETERMINED to get that Mew number
Hm, good observation. We'll just have to see if that comes to pass.

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
I've figured out what's going on

We are actually getting up to JN147 in Japan

The US will have a final count of 144 because the recaps are not part of the PR's total

Neither are the four Arceus episodes part of the PR's total

But look what happens when you add the 144 + 3 recaps + 4 Arceusodes

You get the number 151

Journeys is DETERMINED to get that Mew number
The four arceus episodes are not part of either total, so we can rule them out. They are specials, so it would be 147, not 151.

SatoSereFan224888

COVID didn't slow down the SWSH Expansion Pass, BDSP or Legends, so why would it have slowed down this?
Well it’s possible the developers were able to work from home.