• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Journeys still has 16 episodes left in Japan apparently

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I don't blame you.

Most of the returning characters were given new party changes and they didn't have nearly as much emphasis as Dawn; and in addition to all of the Sinnoh promotion it's kind of odd that she wasn't given one, despite it being the second series in which returned in.

I do hope that there are in fact more episodes left in this series and that there will be enough time to provide her with at least something, with my hopes leaning towards H-Typhlosion.
Agree on everything. You described precisely what I meant.

Jibanyan

I'm thinking they were couting all the episodes they are dubbing/have the script but some were actually anime episodes

Rune Knight

I hate to joke about this but I also want to make this joke.

Imagine if they actually just ordered the numbers wrong and meant 45.

Granted it would still be like 3 more episodes than originally anticipated, but they'd probably consist of recaps and vermillion city fillers any way... or better yet, recaps to the recaps.

Last edited:

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I hate to joke about this but I also want to make this joke.

Imagine if they actually just ordered the numbers wrong and meant 45.

Granted it would still be like 3 more episodes than originally anticipated, but they'd probably consist of recaps and vermillion city fillers any way... or better yet, recaps to the recaps.
That... does feel less weird than the idea that we still have four months' worth of stuff left. I mean it would still mean the show ends up running past the expected end date, but it's less of a "Sweet merciful lv100 shiny Arceus, everything got skewed for months when the show was already at its expected endgame!" and more of a "Well shoot, the recap episodes had a knock-on effect and now the show needs three more weeks than intended to conclude."

It would still leave Project Mew very short-changed for being one of the main plotlines though... But really this show is at a point now where literally anything and everything they could feasibly do would entail some sort of compromise. Short-change the Dande battle, short-change the Project Mew expedition, flat-out cancel the TV broadcast and just release the remaining episodes at some other time, or delay the start of the next series so it doesn't sync up with the games. (And I'm just not gonna entertain the idea that PM19 will continue into Gen 9. Aside from the fact that I just don't want it to, the series is so blatantly in endgame mode.)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
This just sounds like you want evolutions for the sake of evolutions.

Not really. I'm just a fan of Mega Lopunny - and H-Typhlosion would've suited the then current marketed game. I just think including Dawn and evolving her Quilava could've been a cornerstone to promoting LegendsArceus in the animé. Don't forget that the only reason she even got handed a Cyndaquil was because of HgSs-promotion. Having part of a team evolved on cameo-return is a staple of the series that happened with Misty, May, Dawn, Iris and even Brock with Blissey.

Oh no we're NOT doing "Raid Will Fail: Pokemon edition"

Final Curtain! "Nahhh! Raid will still fail! SHs will return to Wano to see that Kaidou has slaughtered Momo.".

Or you know…… just regular Typhlosion. It’d be really dumb and a slap in the face lore wise to randomly give Dawn a basically extinct evolution that would have no logical reason to exist in the present

Didn't the group travel back in time on several occasions? They could've definitely made it happen.

I guess, I just think it’d be a lot of pointless hoop jumping when regular Typhlosion would be just fine for her, especially since it’s such a underutilized Pokémon to begin with

We've never seen H-Typhlosion in the animé at all though, right? I agree that regular Typhlosion is criminally underused though..

Akashin

Her Cyndaquil egg was from the present and always has been time traveling to the past isn’t going to suddenly rewrite Quilavaa’s genetic makeup to evolve differently lol
That having been said... contrary to their names, the Hisuian Starters aren't really regional forms. Or at the very least, not in any way that makes the slightest bit of sense. All three were imported into Hisui by Professor Laventon rather than being native to the region, and take on regional forms seemingly just because they evolve within Hisui, so in theory really aren't any different than Dawn's Quilava could have been.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
The Cyndaquil in Legends Arceus isn't native to Hisui yet it still evolves into Hisuian Typhlosion
Take it even further, most of the Alolan forms simply say that they are Kanto Pokémon being sent to Alola and that makes their forms change and not necessarily because they’re native there

Last edited:

Kameinu

Arooo!
Her Cyndaquil egg was from the present and always has been time traveling to the past isn’t going to suddenly rewrite Quilavaa’s genetic makeup to evolve differently lol
Wasn’t there an anime episode that stated the whole Pikachu evolve into Alola Raichu in Alola no matter where it was from?

In the games it was said the environment of the time is what triggered the forms for those three imported starters.

They could’ve easily had the whole Heatran/Arceus thing be what “generated an environment” similar to that and had her Quilava evolve in the special, or something along those lines.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

I can tell you that if I -at this moment- catch a Cyndaquil in Pokémon Go, send it to Home, send it to LegendsArceus and evolve it twice that it won't become a standard Typhlosion..

Meaning that the genetic make-up probably has little to do with it, but something else that only affected the region as Hisui before being called Sinnoh.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
I can tell you that if I -at this moment- catch a Cyndaquil in Pokémon Go, send it to Home, send it to LegendsArceus and evolve it twice that it won't become a standard Typhlosion..

Meaning that the genetic make-up probably has little to do with it, but something else that only affected the region as Hisui before being called Sinnoh.
Honestly, I don’t even get how the concept of the environment affecting the way that the Pokémon evolves was such a hard sell for them especially when Sinnoh was the region that basically invented the concept what with the Mossy Rock, Icy Rock and Magnetic Field.