• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Journeys still has 16 episodes left in Japan apparently

Soniman

Break the Limit
I’ll concede this one then, the arguments are sound. It’s never gonna happen anyway so it doesn’t really matter.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I’ll concede this one then, the arguments are sound. It’s never gonna happen anyway so it doesn’t really matter.

True on both accounts.. xD

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
So this thread is null now.

TCPI stated that the 54 episodes was an error so not happening.

ShadowForce720

What TCPI stated was that the episode count was included in error, meaning it wasn’t supposed to be included. So it’s not confirmed or not if the episode count of 54 episodes was correct or not.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

In addition to what @ShadowForce720 said, there was also another source that said 54 episodes. It was in a British magazine talking about Ultimate Journeys airing on Pop in the UK, and it predates TPCi’s announcement by a few weeks.

Here is the post with the link to the article:
Actually the 54 episode thing was mentioned way back in August. I'm surprised more people didn't talk about it.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
~ Hiiiiiiiighwaaaay to hell! ~

...Then again, either way, leaving around 16 episodes for last would have still implied negative reception anyway.
I can only imagine that, unless they had some big finale planned, 16 more episodes would have resulted in around 2 months worth of the series spinning its wheels considering that, even if Ash vs Leon and a Project Mew finale were 4 episodes each, it’d leave another 8 episodes of just empty space considering that Ash, Go and Koharu’s series narratives would have been completed. What more do you even do with that time?

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
We might go over SS's release by a week or three to wrap up the tournament and maybe Project Mew, but I don't think we'll have Journeys until next year.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Journeys until next year? Don't you mean the SV anime or whatever the next series is?
Bad phrasing. I meant we probably won't be stuck with Journeys for 16 more episodes, which would take us into next year.

Samurott

This reminds me of back when BW first aired, there was a dub opening that had footage that didn't even air in Japan yet. I think it was Ash's Unfezant right? So that's proof that TPCI has knowledge of the anime's plans ahead of time. I'm pretty positive that the 54 episode count is still accurate. They just, for some strange reason, don't want people knowing when Journeys ends.

Plus, when a new generation of games comes out within two months, aren't we supposed to have teasers of the upcoming anime series at this point?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
> implying the SwSh games are quality, full $60 games with amazing graphics fitting of the Switch
Game Freak was primarily a handheld game company. They themselves admitted that the switch to console games is something they were trying to get used to.

Reminder that previous console games with Pokemon battles were handled by other companies, primarily Genius Sonority (which has downgraded itself to mobile gaming).

Also, another reminder. They literally had to rework over 400 Pokemon models, all of which have different animations in battle or at the camp. Nowadays, not even companies with real-life models bother to go past 60 or so. Even the Poke clones can barely go past 100.

Last edited:

DayQuil95

Broke: 3D games with one region, quality animations, 9000+ pokemon, unbeatable champions.
Woke: 2D GBC game with every region and RBY graphics.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Sooo how did we Goh from 8 episodes left, to 16 episodes left, to 4 episodes left.
There's still a chance they're leaving Goh's Project Mew stuff as the final section of JN.

The possibilities are:

1) Ep 128 is Project Mew conclusion
2) It happens after PWC finals, so Journeys goes past November.
3) It's resolved off-screen

Eevee903

You are awesome!
There's still a chance they're leaving Goh's Project Mew stuff as the final section of JN.

The possibilities are:

1) Ep 128 is Project Mew conclusion
2) It happens after PWC finals, so Journeys goes past November.
3) It's resolved off-screen
Number 3 or 2 most likely. With Number 2 being the most likely