• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Journeys still has 16 episodes left in Japan apparently

ShadowForce720

Where was it confirmed this mess of a saga isn't ending in 5 episodes.
Where was it confirmed that this saga was ending in 5 episodes? It was never confirmed when this saga is ending and the only official source that gave an idea of how many episodes there would be was when a press release said that Pokémon Ultimate Journeys would have approximately 54 episodes before then redacting the episode count do to not intended for it to be revealed yet.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
And we still don't 100% know if it's the number that was even accurate, considering they said approximately (yes ik they were accurate before, but that isn't the point I am making)
Why wouldn’t the number of episodes in the redacted press release be mostly accurate?

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I can’t comprehend anyone thinking less than 3 episodes is appropriate for a 6v6. 2 is acceptable for 6v6’s that are supposed to be curbstomps but that for what is meant to be a climactic end of series fight is not good enough and we’ve seen that. Things are inevitably rushed, Pokemon will get shafted worse than they would if they had more time, and the pacing just will not feel right. Commentary criticism is overblown and I will take a whole 10-minute montage of analytical commentary over the other option.

Unironically Ash vs Bea is a recent example of a great two-parter. Only a 3v3 but that meant the pacing for a majority of the matchups was perfect and nobody (except maybe Sirfetch’d) went down too easy.

ShadowForce720

With all the issues of JN having behind scenes, it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't accurate is all I'm saying
That argument doesn’t really work as they would have likely already taken it into account as they would have known already if there were scrapped episodes as the Pokémon Company or whoever is in charge of the anime in Japan would have already told them.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
TPCI never said they were giving us weeks of fillers, so you putting words in their mouth is not them lying

They did say they were giving us the amount of time required to properly tie up the remaining loose threads of a 25 year anime though
They didn't say that either.

They gave a number that we don't know if it's true, it probably is. What they are doing in that supposed number is unknown.

And now, to the opinion part: If they think they can properly finish the entire anime in that time, well, I can only laugh.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
They said a number that they then retracted, and that feels highly improbable looking at what's taking place in the story right now. Can I imagine there being a few more episodes after the finals? Sure. Another three months' worth of episodes though? Yeah I can't possibly imagine Project Mew and any post-PM tie-ups taking that long. I'm infinitely more inclined to believe that the number they gave us was simply incorrect. I'm also still kind of assuming that the series just ends with Satoshi beating Dande. Maybe they had more episodes planned, but there's literally no time for them. Maybe they'll release them later. Or maybe Project Mew just turns into another Team Rocket VS Team Plasma.

Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
It would be surprising that TPCI wouldn’t know how many episodes are going to be produced for the season. While the TPCI staff probably doesn’t have a big role in planning the narrative arc of the show, they should be getting information on the series including episode counts, plot arcs, and even scripts as it is finalized. They need to market, sell, and localize the show everywhere outside of Japan, and its hard to do those tasks without having accurate information. All of these things have long lead times - networks need time to schedule and sell advertising, TPCI needs to book studios, VAs, translators, production work like music and localized credits needs to be done, and there are a lot of contracts and money that gets tied up in these things.

A few episodes getting scrapped or the storylines condensed/consolidated and replaced with recaps to ease production issues? Sure - being off by 2-3 episodes wouldn’t be a big deal. 16 episodes is just too many for that to be plausible though, and cutting that many episodes after selling the series would impact their revenue and future ability to sell overseas in the future when there isnt a compelling reason for it.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think TPC is just going to pull the rug out from under everyone by ending a series early for some marginal cross-promotion. This seems more like an accidental disclosure that should have happened after the M8 wrapped up and the final arc was announced.

I have no idea what they would do with these remaining episodes or what they have planned.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It would be surprising that TPCI wouldn’t know how many episodes are going to be produced for the season. While the TPCI staff probably doesn’t have a big role in planning the narrative arc of the show, they should be getting information on the series including episode counts, plot arcs, and even scripts as it is finalized. They need to market, sell, and localize the show everywhere outside of Japan, and its hard to do those tasks without having accurate information. All of these things have long lead times - networks need time to schedule and sell advertising, TPCI needs to book studios, VAs, translators, production work like music and localized credits needs to be done, and there are a lot of contracts and money that gets tied up in these things.

A few episodes getting scrapped or the storylines condensed/consolidated and replaced with recaps to ease production issues? Sure - being off by 2-3 episodes wouldn’t be a big deal. 16 episodes is just too many for that to be plausible though, and cutting that many episodes after selling the series would impact their revenue and future ability to sell overseas in the future when there isnt a compelling reason for it.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think TPC is just going to pull the rug out from under everyone by ending a series early for some marginal cross-promotion. This seems more like an accidental disclosure that should have happened after the M8 wrapped up and the final arc was announced.

I have no idea what they would do with these remaining episodes or what they have planned.
Knowing this anime it'll be fillers/pseudo fillers with boring plotlines. I don't know why some think that these extra episodes will be a good idea when it looks like all the remaining plotlines will be wrapped up by the end of the Masters 8 excluding the goodbye episode and maybe a 2 or 3 parter at the very most for PM.

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
Knowing this anime it'll be fillers/pseudo fillers with boring plotlines. I don't know why some think that these extra episodes will be a good idea when it looks like all the remaining plotlines will be wrapped up by the end of the Masters 8 excluding the goodbye episode and maybe a 2 or 3 parter at the very most for PM.
Right? "Oh it'll give them more time to wrap stuff up." Wrap up what?

SoraFan23

Generation 4 was how I got into Pokémon
If I had to guess the last 16 episodes of Journeys will show us probably more recaps, the battles with Ash Leon, weather Ash wins or loses he will have to decide what to do next, and of course at the end show a bit of a teaser of whats in store for the Scarlet and Violet Anime.