• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

JTrainer's New and Improved Team

JTrainer

Pokemon SwordMaster
Here is my newly improved Platinum team and their stats:

Blaziken
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Blaze
Item: Scope Lens
Moves:
Blaze Kick
Shadow Claw
Thunderpunch
Sky Uppercut
Stats
HP:301
Atk:339
Def:176
Sp.Atk:230
Sp.Def:176
Speed:284

Gardevoir
Nature: Timid
Ability: Synchronize
Item: Lum Berry
Moves:
Psychic
Calm Mind
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
Stats:
HP:277
Atk:149
Def:182
Sp.Atk:333
Sp.Def:266

Salamence
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Yache Berry
Moves:
Outrage
Fly
Dragon Dance
Thunder Fang
Stats:
HP:331
Atk:369
Def:196
Sp.Def:196
Speed:328

Roserade
Nature: Bold
Ability: Natural Cure
Item: Payapa Berry
Moves:
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Sleep Powder
Stats:
HP:261
Atk:158
Def:195
Sp.Atk:317
Sp.Def:246
Speed:279

Milotic
Nature: Modest
Ability: Marvel Scale
Item: Salac Berry
Moves:
Ice Beam
Recover
Hydro Pump
Mirror Coat
Stats:
Atk:140
Def:194
Sp.Atk:328
Sp.Def:286
Speed:261

Metagross
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Clear Body
Item: Brightpowder
Moves:
Meteor Mash
Agility
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Stats:
Atk:392
Def:296
Sp.Atk:203
Sp.Def:254
Speed:214

I finally found my DS, so I've been able to raise my pokemon more. Tell me what you think and give me advice for them, I'm trying to make them as good as they can be. But I won't teach two different pokemon on my team the same moves or give them the same items. Its kind of my style.

Oh, and the reason I don't teach my Milotic surf is because if she is in a double battle, the surf will hit my ally too, and I don't want that to happen.

Last edited:

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
Fire Blast/Flamethrower > Thunderfang on Salamence.

The rest are good.

Kuji

Fire Blast/Flamethrower > Thunderfang on Salamence.

The rest are good.

Right, even though Thunder Fang could shoo away the pokes that normally carry Ice attacks (Water poke) and is a Physical attack (which loves Dragon Dance), Thunder Fangs accuracy can be slightly annoying. I prefer Flamethrower, to cover steel types that could wall him.

Fire Blast/Flamethrower is a matter of preference, of course.

JTrainer

Pokemon SwordMaster
If Salamence was a special attacker I would teach it flamethrower, but it isn't so its out of the question. But I may consider Fire Fang.

Bossk

Like a champ.
^That's why you get Fire Blast, for power. And you could always make him a mixed attacker -_-

Here's something. Read the rules please. We don't need all of their stats, only their EVs if you EV trained them.

Blaziken
Moves:
Blaze Kick
Shadow Claw
Thunderpunch
Sky Uppercut
Stats

Okay moves, seems solid. Why Scope Lens? For Shadow Claw? I don't think that's the best item for this set, what about Life Orb or something? I don't really know a suitable item for this. Keep Jolly or get Adamant.

Gardevoir
Moves:
Psychic
Calm Mind
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
Stats:

Timid seems all good. You got the right moves, just give it a Left Overs. Also, you may want to fit Will-O-Wisp or Wish on here, could help you out

Salamence
Moves:
Outrage
Fly
Dragon Dance
Thunder Fang
Stats:

You want Dragon Dance? Well Get Fire Blast, Stone Edge, or Dragon Claw on there for one move. Outrage is a must. You can have Claw, too for non-confusion move needed. Or just have Claw if you're too concerned about Confusion. Get Earthquake on there as well. Fly sucks, just don't use it.

Roserade
Moves:
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Sleep Powder
Stats:

I'd go with a SubSeed set.

Roserade@ Leftovers
Timid/Modest

Substitute
Leech Seed
Sludge Bomb
Spikes/Energy Ball

Energy Ball over Spikes if you want. Sludge Bomb works for Pokemon who aren't affected by Leech Seed. You can figure out the rest.

Milotic
Moves:
Ice Beam
Recover
Hydro Pump
Mirror Coat
Stats:

I don't care about Surf for double battles. You have one Pokemon that should be afraid, Blaziken. Everyone else either laughs or shakes it off. You keep Surf and Ice Beam which is good. Recover seems fine and get rid of Mirror Coat for Hypnosis

Metagross
Moves:
Meteor Mash
Agility
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Stats:

Nothing to say here.

I finally found my DS, so I've been able to raise my pokemon more. Tell me what you think and give me advice for them, I'm trying to make them as good as they can be. But I won't teach two different pokemon on my team the same moves or give them the same items. Its kind of my style.

Oh, and the reason I don't teach my Milotic surf is because if she is in a double battle, the surf will hit my ally too, and I don't want that to happen.

Well, I gave advise. Don't know if I repeated anything, but if so, ah well.

Last edited:

Final

I Submit to No One

Blaziken
Item: Choice Band
Moves:
Blaze Kick
Shadow Claw
Thunderpunch
Sky Uppercut
Stats

This set is begging for a Choice Band. It lets Blaziken hit very hard without needing to rely on Swords Dance. Don't bother with Scope Lens. It is unreliable.

Gardevoir
Moves:
Psychic
Calm Mind
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
Stats:

Fine. Consider Shadow Ball as it + Focus Blast is unresisted and for a Sweeper, it is essential as they need as much Type coverage as possible.

Salamence
Nature: Naive
Moves:
Outrage
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Fire Blast
Stats:

Mixed DDMence is a lot better than an all Physical one. It is walled endlessly by Steel Types without Earthquake and walled by Skarmory without Fire Blast. Thunder Fang doesn't OHKO it. Something Fire Blast does on its lower Special Defense stat. A Naive Nature works best here so Mence can take priority moves better.

Roserade
Item: Black Sludge
Moves:
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Sleep Powder
Stats:

Just some nitpicking. Timid will allow Roserade to fire off a quicker Sleep Powder. Her Defense is poor anyway.

Milotic
Item: Leftovers
Moves:
Ice Beam
Recover
Hydro Pump
Hypnosis
Stats:

A Bold Nature lets Milotic take Physical hits better while still letting it take the Special moves. With Status, Marvel Scale works even better.

Metagross
Item: Life Orb
Moves:
Meteor Mash
Agility
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Stats:

Fine.

Suggestions bolded.

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
DON'T HAVE A FIRE BLAST SALAMENCE.

Please. I die a little inside everytime I see that.

So Fire Fang >>>>>>>>>> Fire Blast in every occasion.

That is all.

Bossk

Like a champ.

That is all.

^You=n00b that needs to GTFO out lurk....

That is all

And bro (or bra) take final's suggestion on Mence, and then pick whichever sets you want from either of us.

JTrainer

Pokemon SwordMaster
I'll consider a timid Roserade, but a naive salamence is out of the question. I want it to have decent special defence so it can survive an ice beam with its yache berry. But I will consider teaching it stone edge. Plus, I like my team to have a balance of attackers and special attackers. Also, I want Milotic's Special attack to be over 300, so modest stays, and so does mirror coat, cause it deals with special grass and electric types, and milotic can survive most special hits from them.

I may consider a life orb for metagross, but I'm not entirely sure. Also, the lum berry on Gardevoir is for status infliction. Synchronize will effect my opponent, and the lum berry will heal Gardevoir.

I may consider a choice Band for Blaziken, but I don't really trust items that only allow one move. And Scope Lens is also for Blaze Kick, not just Shadow Claw.

Oh, and for the guy above, I happen to be a bro.

Blaziken
Moves:
Blaze Kick
Shadow Claw
Thunderpunch
Sky Uppercut
Stats

Gardevoir
Moves:
Psychic
Calm Mind
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
Stats:

Salamence
Moves:
Outrage
Fly
Dragon Dance
Thunder Fang
Stats:

Roserade
Moves:
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Sleep Powder
Stats:

Milotic
Moves:
Ice Beam
Recover
Hydro Pump
Mirror Coat
Stats:

Metagross
Moves:
Meteor Mash
Agility
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Stats:

.....First...why do you have FLY?......

Salamence
Naive
176 ATK/76 Spd/252 Sp.atk

Fire Blast
Dragon Claw/Outrage
EQ
HP Electric

...This set should work well...

Rosarade......Bold?It's a LEAD.Not a bulky offence....if your going offence though..

Offence-Rade
Timid/Modest
252 Spd/252 Sp.atk/4 Sp.def
Energy Ball
Sludge Bomb
HP Ice/Electric/Fire
Shadow Ball

Lead-Rade
Timid
252 Spd/76 SpD/176 HP
Toxic Spikes
Energy Ball
Sludge Bomb/Toxic
Protect

...these work very well....
Metagross is holding a HAX item.....

*WILL UPDATE*

DUCKAtl

Mew trumps Chuck N.
Roserade needs toxic and Metagross needs Bullet Punch, besides tht you can just change items and work on in game ev's

AlCario

Banned
If Salamence was a special attacker I would teach it flamethrower, but it isn't so its out of the question. But I may consider Fire Fang.

That is all.

To both of you:

Fire Fang = 65
Fire Blast = 120

As you can see, Fire Blast is almost twice as powerful as Fire Fang. Now, let us look at the stats the OP kindly posted for us:

While his attack is obviously better, his SpA is still usable, particularly with a 120 power move. Now, to apply the formula:

Fire Fang: 0.84 x 65 x 369 = 20147 damage (assuming 1 Def)

Fire Blast: 0.84 x 120 x 230 = 23184 damage (assuming 1 SpD)

And that's not even with EVs and a Naive nature. I hope I got my point across.

JTrainer

Pokemon SwordMaster
To both of you:

Fire Fang = 65
Fire Blast = 120

As you can see, Fire Blast is almost twice as powerful as Fire Fang. Now, let us look at the stats the OP kindly posted for us:

While his attack is obviously better, his SpA is still usable, particularly with a 120 power move. Now, to apply the formula:

Fire Fang: 0.84 x 65 x 369 = 20147 damage (assuming 1 Def)

Fire Blast: 0.84 x 120 x 230 = 23184 damage (assuming 1 SpD)

And that's not even with EVs and a Naive nature. I hope I got my point across.

I see. Interesting. Okay, I'll give fire blast a try with salamence.

Oh, and I keep fly so I can get around in the game. It would be alot harder without it. Plus, its kind of useful if I go up against a fighting type and I don't want to use outrage. On second thought, Earthquake would take out Heatran, which would resist all of Salamence's other moves. Okay, I'll give earthquake a try.

Oh, yeah, and I took your advice and rereaised Roserade as a timid natured pokemon. I have to say, I like the results. I also gave it a black sludge to hold.

I also gave Metagross a Life Orb. The results are good. I was finally able to beat my best friend's pokemon team (I had never beaten it before).
But Brightpowder isn't a HAX (assuming that means hacked) item. You can get it at the battle fronteir for 48 bp.

And I just recently taught Metagross Explosion. It is more powerful than ice punch, is good after Metagross has used agility and has low HP, and would OHKO nearly anything that doesn't resist it. I think it is a good addition.

Last edited: