• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Judgement Day! (368)

pokeaussie37

The last episode I saw of Pokemon for a long time. I remember looking forward to the next week and wondering "why isn't there another episode?!" I didn't see any more of Hoenn after that. One day I'll be going back to it and rewatch the entire thing through once it finishes, whenever that will be.

I loved how this season ended with an obvious sign of good things to come.

Vernikova

Champion
Eh, it was a boring episode. The characters weren't that interesting and the animation was bad. The idea of focusing on how to become a judge was pretty cool but it sucks that they didn't focus on it all that much.

7threst

The last episode of Advanced Challenge and it was a pretty good one (even thought it is a filler episode) I liked how they tackled the whole judge aspect of Pokémon battling and hearing Jimmy's back story which is filled with luck and coincidence.

It was neat to see an episode that shows how to become a battle referee.
I was kind of hoping Charmeleon and Ivysaur were going to evolve along with Wartortle.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I hadn't given much thought to pokemon referees before this episode, so it was cool to see the Cotd train for that job. I also liked seeing a Charmeleon and Ivysaur again as well as a shiny Magikarp. :3

Gillachu

Banned
I didn't care for the ref dude's struggles, but I liked 4Kids' sandwich edit if only because it made some dub haters mad. ;)

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
I liked the battle between Brock and Ash.Jimmy was really lucky. I didn't like the references made to Cerulean Gym because I don't like Misty but that's personal
anyway.I was happy to see the Magikarp submarine again.So here we come to an end of Advanced challenge and move on to Advanced battle! ^^

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I didn't care for the ref dude's struggles, but I liked 4Kids' sandwich edit if only because it made some dub haters mad. ;)

I didn't mind their riceball edit much myself, but since they had no problems with riceballs in the past minus calling them donuts sometimes, the edit seemed pretty random here. ^^;

Alloutℯ

Banned
Well, I really liked this episode. Jimmy...geez, how is it I've never heard of this character until today? So he's like...a drifter who just goes on luck? I so hope he's going back to Kanto because Ash needs to run into him again.

Leonhart

Imagineer
As refreshing as it was to see Fushigisou, Lizard, and Kameil play pivotal roles for once, I thought that this episode felt like a last-minute advertisement for LeafGreen and FireRed. The referee academy subplot was at least interesting, however. Mizugorou and Hasubrero versus Heigani and Ohsubame was great.

Zamin

Jimmy was absolutely adorable, I want to date him. It is so brave the way he stood up for his Pokemon and I loved it when his Blastoise evolved. The story about the Ceruleam gym badge was funny. I also liked Jimmy's anecdotes a lot. Great episode!

Leonhart

Imagineer
I recently saw the 4Kids dubbed version of this episode, and the atrocious onigiri edit here made me angry. I didn't understand the point of changing the onigiri after they had been shown since the anime began.

Daizy

I call you honey
I loved how we got to see a Charmeleon, Wartortle, and Ivysaur again. And hearing how Jimmy caught all of them was really funny because he mostly got them because of good luck.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Shiny Koiking cameo in this episode made me realize just how common Shinies are in the anime compared to the games since it was around the sixth Shiny Pokemon we'd seen.

HEY ITS SERENA!!!! BROCK GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ASH'S FUTURE WIFE!!!! /S
The reffing stuff is interesting. Disappointed that Charmeleon and Ivysaur didn't evolve with Wartortle.
And this is the last episode of Season 7. Worse than season 6, though better than season 5. (Watch the top 10 seasons be exclusively from XY, DP, and AG)