• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Judgement Day! (368)

G

GaryAshRichie

CyberCubed said:
He didn't seem to make the connection that Magikarp was a shiny, which is why he traded it away so quickly. Apparently he didn't notice what was special about it.

The whole "shiny" concept doesn't seem to be that big of a deal in the anime...it's usually brought up then dropped just as quickly. He simply said it was oddly colored, or something to that effect, which indicates he didn't even know about it. Since people are always shocked by shinies in the anime, it's safe to assume a lot of people are unaware of the phenomenon.

I wonder if Jimmy will actually be training when we next run into him, or if we'll find him easily swayed into another suck job, like being a Nurse Joy's assistant or something equally mundane.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Churly said:
When I called Jimmy a retard I wasn't being all that serious and I didn't know 'Oos' loved Jimmy then. What am I supposed to just know that she loved the Cotd?

Still, calling a character a retard is still character bashing. Which is against forum rules, so...

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
And the big rant in my sig, Jimmy pic, and big letter that say that I'm ****** 'cause I missed the Jimmy ep isn't enough of a clue....? o___0 And you were calling JIMMY blind?!

M

MayAsh1987

Wow, I didn't know the sandwich edited, I knew something fishy was going on, and they changed the title screen. The animation in this episode was horrible, I didn't really like it, but the episode was decent overall.

Holy sh*it, Brock and ASh battled. Now that one caught my attention, other then that it was okay.

This gets 6.9/10.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Churly said:
[SPOIL]-Why is it that the Cotd's Pokemon can just suddenly evolve but Pokemn like Ash's Corphish never do?
Good question but in this case Squirtle was Jimmy's first Pokemon, and he's older than Ash. Therefore he has had Wartortle a lot longer than Ash has had Corphish.

-Was the few 'Misty' reference's 4Kids add-ons?
I would like to see it confirmed that they didn't mention her. If so then how did they get on the topic of him not havign to battle to get the badge?

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I liked this episode. Never really thought about where Pokemon judges came from, but then again, they were always random people the writers didn't focus on, all looking the same. Well, they weren't expecting to get into the background of them.

Nice to see the evolution of the starters. And Blastoise is my favorite Pokemon, so that was cool too.

That's all. 7/10.

G

Geki

This was a pretty decent episode, I liked it for a filler. Jimmy was cool, he had all three Kanto Starters. Too bad Charmeleon and Ivysaur didn't evolve in the end like Wartortle, it would have been awesome.

4/5

Joe

Lost Fan #4815162342
Pretty good episode, BUT!!! Talk about Ash; Mr. Hypocrite!! 'You don't just run into Ivysaur and Charmeleon!' Why not? You ran into Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander!!

Anyway, like I said, pretty good episode, I liked it. Yay for Mudkip time!

Joe said:
Pretty good episode, BUT!!! Talk about Ash; Mr. Hypocrite!! 'You don't just run into Ivysaur and Charmeleon!' Why not? You ran into Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander!!
Brock said that line so Ash wasn't being a hypocrite :p

Pretty good, Blastoise! *drools* XD But Mudkip got time and battled! ZOMG! Also its pretty good, Lombre kicked as* and Shiny Magikarp apprence was pretty cool.

But not too good as the last Challenge episode.

Joe

Lost Fan #4815162342
Torkoal Stu said:
Brock said that line so Ash wasn't being a hypocrite :p
Ash agreed though, once again, making him a hypocrite. I believe he said: 'Yeah...' or something. But I know he's a hypocrite! :p

Jimmy's voice sounded nothing like I thought it would! :eek: And he didn't know that the shiny Magikarp was rare!! :eek::eek:

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

it was nice seeing Wartortle, Charmeleon and Ivysaur again *cough*fireredleafgreenadvertising*cough*

It was great to see a shiny Magikarp, as well as Mudkip finally battling! it was a shame Brock didn't use forretress though.
I loved seeing Blastoise again, I love that thing.
It was cool to see the magikarp sub

The battle was good but it was a shame we didn't get to see the end of it.

Out of all I would rate this 8/10

Joe

Lost Fan #4815162342
THE SANDWICH!!! Could they of made it any worse? At one point, I think it went through a bit of Wartortles face. :eek: They should of just left it as is, instead of "making it better", as they call it.

♥Princess Ketchum♥

#1 Ash Satoshi Lover
it was a really cool episode XD,Cant wait for 3 episodes of advance battle soon

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
This was a nice novelty episode, and a decent filler to end a good series on. I wasn't sure about May and Max's stupidity at the start of this episode. Jimmy was an alright character, and the double battle was pretty cool. Since Lombre and Mudkip will hardly ever battle again as long as they are alive, and Corphish has never been too connected with Swellow, it was a groovy little match between two characters wo rarely battle.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Joe said:
I don't see why you see this as hypocritical. It was said earlier in the series that Bulbasaur and its kind are much rarer in Hoenn than in Kanto. Even in Kanto you don't simply run into wild Starter Pokemon very often (Ash's Squirtle and Charmander weren't wild but either had or had had a trainer), let alone evolved forms of the the starter Pokemon. And you REALLY don't simply find two evolved forms of two different starter Pokemon in the wild together at the same place. The remark was perfectly legit, the whole point being that starter pokemon aren't commonly encountered in the wild.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
The starters are specially bred because they are so rare. How many wild ones have we ever met that weren't in special colonies? The Johto'uns seemed to break this chain, but the writers were desperate back then.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I FINALLY got to watch this episode the other day, thanks to taping the Aftertoons shows.

It was nice that they had an episode showcasing pokemon referees. I definitely never really gave much thought into what goes into becoming a referee, and the episode was pretty informative.

Jimmy was a pretty interesting guest character, though he won't exactly make my favorites. It was interesting how his journey has mirrored Ash's early days, from happening to run into two evolved starter pokemon to winning a Cascade badge for nothing from miss bubblehead. Okay, he did clean out the pool instead of just walking in the door, so I give him credit. :) Brock's comment about how you just don't run into ivysaur and charmeleon made me smirk, since Ash did the same with all the Kanto starters and Johto starters, plus treecko. Come to think of it, Brock also ran into mudkip. I guess he was right, though, that you just don't run into the evolved starter pokemon in the wild.

Also, I liked Team Rocket's machine. :) 8/10 for me.