• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 13: M21 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: Everyone's Story (June 28: TV special)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I can't take Largo's name seriously since it fits an adult but it's being used on a little girl. Is there some sort of Japanese significance to it?

It's an Italian tempo marking. None of the other character names seem to have anything to do with music, though.

diakyu

I wonder if they will give Ash any pokemon besides Pikachu. Would be cool to see some pulls from his Johto team like Heracross, or actually let him have a Larvitar this time lol

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
So, about that new "Everyone's Story" trailer:

The celebrity castlist is impressive.
Music still sucks.
Animation still looks gorgeous.
Zeraora looks neat.

This movie seems like it'll be interesting. I'll wait for its English release which will hopefully have a new OST and an equally-impressive castlist. I'm not expecting Hollywood people (though that'd be neat); just people in anime dubbing that aren't TPCi's regulars.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
So I guess to no one's surprise, Zeraora is the mythical Pokémon of this movie. To echo what others have said, I hope it has a more significant role (read: more screen time), and a more heroic role, than Marshadow did in M20. I also hope Lugia plays a more important role (read again: more screen time) in this movie than Ho-oh did in M20, even though the silver bird has gotten far more screen time in the franchise overall than its phoenix counterpart.

When it comes to the characters, I'm most interested in Ash (of course), Largo, and Lisa. The other characters sound interesting, but not as interesting as those three. In particular, I'm interested in Largo's connection to Zeraora.

Hopefully, Mayor Oliver is a man with good intentions who does what he believes is best for his people, and not a stereotypical politician who is only out to get reelected. Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised if, in trying to do what he feels is best for the city and for the festival, winds up inadvertently making a mess of things. And watch it be tied to his not listening to his daughter. You know, anime clichés and all that...

Xuxuba

It's an Italian tempo marking. None of the other character names seem to have anything to do with music, though.
Btw it is called largo because it is a slow paced tempo and largo means long in italian. This word also exists in portuguese and it means the exact same thing.

But tbh i think they decided her name randomly. After all, the meaning behind the italian/portuguese word doesn't suit the character at all.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
About Largo, as well as being kind and resolute, there could be something she could be slow with perhaps relative to Zeraora, to possibly explain the origin of her name.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
From this trailer I have made two predictions: #1: Largo is like the Melody of this movie, with a special bond with Lugia (as well as Zeraora). If anything, I think she's going to be the one who is playing Lugia's theme. #2: Zeraora is not going to be the villain/misunderstood Pokemon, but rather the Lucario-type Pokemon (i.e. the one that doesn't like humans, but warms up to them because of somebody, probably Largo or Satoshi, and then heroically sacrifices itself to save the world). I think that the villain this time is actually going to be Mayor Oliver, but not on purpose, just somebody with good intentions who does something stupid and puts everyone in jeopardy.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Largo is like the Melody of this movie, with a special bond with Lugia (as well as Zeraora). If anything, I think she's going to be the one who is playing Lugia's theme.
As that could be possible, I think that the writers could also give Lisa the role of Melody by playing Lugia's song and therefore have a more heroic role than initially thought.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I'm wondering what Pokemon Ash has this time around?
If they pick up from the latest movie, it'll be heracross. But, with a larger cast than in movie 20, I'm inclined to think he could not use anyone else aside pikachu.

Beyleef and/or heracross would be my bets, though.

Last edited:

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Interestingly enough, Ash doesn't seem to have any traveling companions in this movie. All the new characters are more of CotDs.
I still think they should have Verity and Sorrel stay. These two were fun but just didn't get enough screentime for fans to care much about them.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I think it's more like the previous movie was the Kanto saga (guest starring an Alola pokemon) and what happened there stays there, companions included.

Now, it's the Johto saga (again, guest starring an Alola pokemon). It isn't as Lisa or anyone else will follow Ash to the next regional movie...assuming the pattern will follow and Houenn is the next one. Movie 20 wasn't the Holy Grail of Pokémon, but it was fun, movie 21 looks promising. I'm just enjoying these AU movies instead things you barely could put together in the anime canon.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I mean, pre-20 th movie movies used the anime cast of their respective generations in some especific point of their journeys (after team changes, for example), with no actual ties to the anime plot, it could be canon or no.

Movies 20 and 21 are its own thing. There's an Ash & Pikachu that officially aren't from the main series, so it turns to be easy disassociate them from Ash & Pikachu of the main series. In other words, an "official" separate story.

Pokemon Power

I mean, pre-20 th movie movies used the anime cast of their respective generations in some especific point of their journeys (after team changes, for example), with no actual ties to the anime plot, it could be canon or no.

Movies 20 and 21 are its own thing. There's an Ash & Pikachu that officially aren't from the main series, so it turns to be easy disassociate them from Ash & Pikachu of the main series. In other words, an "official" separate story.
As I said, I think there's a reason for this, besides the anniversary. The next movie could be the final part of a trilogy, like movies 10, 11 and 12 were last decade. And a perfect way to end it: by having the alternate Ash and Pikachu fall in an Ultra Wormhole, and wind up in the main anime universe.

Red and Blue

As I said, I think there's a reason for this, besides the anniversary. The next movie could be the final part of a trilogy, like movies 10, 11 and 12 were last decade. And a perfect way to end it: by having the alternate Ash and Pikachu fall in an Ultra Wormhole, and wind up in the main anime universe.
Or they could do the opposite and have Ash fall into the AU world (possibly set in the Gen 8 region).

Status
Not open for further replies.