• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 13: M21 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: Everyone's Story (June 28: TV special)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Oha Suta showed the title page of Kemon Kawamoto's spinoff manga. It seems to be named Pocket Monsters the Movie - Everyone's Story: Zeraora

uIOZ6vv.png

Chances are he'll do more spinoff manga in the next couple months.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
For now, it seems Largo is pretty much the most important movie OC, who surely shares the same level of importance as Ash, followed by fashion girl, and then the rest (AKA cannon fodder).
They might be able to make everyone in this movie relevant despite the cast size, just like the SM cast even though they aren't in the same universe.

Red and Blue

They might be able to make everyone in this movie relevant despite the cast size, just like the SM cast even though they aren't in the same universe.

Difference is they have over 100 episode to give importance to the SM cast. Here they only have 90 minutes to work with.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Difference is they have over 100 episode to give importance to the SM cast. Here they only have 90 minutes to work with.
I was kidding. :p
Yeah, more characters aren't really a good thing, as we've seen it from the Hoopa movie with the legendaries. But let's hope the upcoming movie could do it better.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The manga preview has leaked:

https://i.imgur.com/QbWRhIj.jpg

Satoshi: We're here!
Satoshi: We're here!

Satoshi: We're finally here!
Satoshi: This is Fura City!!

Satoshi: Yeah...
Satoshi: A great wind is blowing.
Pikachu: Pika.

Satoshi: Aren't you excited to see what kind of Pokémon we'll meet here?
Pikachu: Pi-ka!

https://i.imgur.com/GgyKMx1.jpg

Title: Pocket Monsters the movie - Everyone's Story: Episode Zeraora
Blurb: We try to unravel the mystery of the mythical Pokémon.
Blurb: A secret story exclusive to Corocoro

Narration: The city Satoshi and Pikachu have come to is Fura City... A festival is being held here.
Narration: It's called...

https://i.imgur.com/efXHYJW.jpg

Narration: ...the wind festival.
Satoshi: Sure enough - Festivals mean food.
Pikachu: Pika!

Satoshi: I smell something good in that direction.
Largo: Oh.

Largo: That hurt.
Satoshi: Oh, I'm so sorry!

Satoshi: I was too focused on the delicious smell...
Largo: Eheheh... So was I...

Largo: My name is Largo. Nice to meet you.

Narration: The encounter with the young Largo led to Satoshi and Pikachu embarking on a strange and wonderful adventure...

Satoshi: hey, what kind of festival is the wind festival anyway?
Largo: Well, you see...

https://i.imgur.com/q7FsT4b.jpg

Largo: It's a festival held once a year where we get to meet Lugia...
Satoshi. Lugia?!

Narration: What is the relationship between the legendary Pokémon Lugia and Fura City...?

Satoshi: Don't you get super excited...
Satoshi: ...thinking about how you might get to meet Lugia, Pikachu?
Largo: Heheh.

Largo: I know that feeling.
Satoshi: Hm?

Largo: Lugia isn't...
Largo: ...the only one we might get to meet!

Narration: There's another anecdote that relates to Fura City as well.

https://i.imgur.com/0g3yGtl.jpg

Largo: There's a legend that says...

Largo: ...that deep in the mountain recesses of this city... of Fura City...

Largo: ...lives the mythical Pokémon Zeraora!

https://i.imgur.com/EZ0Hy4b.jpg

Satoshi: Mythical... Pokémon?!

Text: "A Pocket Monster the Movie - Everyone's Story Side Story: Episode Zeraora" starts serialization as a Corocoro-exclusive secret episode next issue!

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Translation of the trailer:
Thank you for the translation!

The guest voice cast was announced on Oha Suta:

Lisa: Actress and former AKB48 member Rina Kawaei
Kagachi: Actor Koji Ohkura
Trito: Actor Gaku Hamada
Hisui: Legendary voice actress Masako Nozawa (!), best known as the voice of Goku, Gohan and Goten in the Dragonball franchise
Largo: Child actress Mana Ashida
In addition, movie regulars Shokotan and Yama-chan are of course back as well.
Shoko will be playing Lisa's younger brother Riku and Yamadera will be playing Fura City's mayor Oliver.
Ahhh this is such a dream cast! :D Especially the young and talented Mana Ashida!!

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
The new Zerora merch has me thinking Ash will catch Chikorita and Cyndaquil or at least already have them on his team as they have yet to appear in trailers but are appearing on merchandise with other cast Pokémon.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Personally, I want to know which Pokemon Ash will have in this movie. If it follows continuity with "I Choose You!", that leaves very few alternatives. The only Pokemon Ash had in the previous movie was Pikachu, Caterpie-Metapod-Butterfree (who ended up freeing) and Charmander-Charmeleon-Charizard. That leaves Ash with only 2 Pokemon; well, 3 if we count Heracross' theorical capture during the credits.

I guess Ash could have captured more Pokemon in the time between the movies, but which ones. With Lugia being the main Pokemon in this movie, the most logical option would be Ash's team from the Orange League (Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard, Lapras and Snorlax). However, in this continuity, without Misty and Brock, it seems Ash never met Bulbasaur and Squirtle. That would leave Pikachu, Charizard, Lapras and Snorlax. I have doubts with Lapras, since Verity had one, but I want to believe Ash actually captured one after the first movie. I suppose Heracross could be present, if Ash captured him after the credits, although it would be weird to see Heracross before the official journey through Johto, even in another timeline.

So, what do you believe?

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I just hope that Eevee evolves into a new evo

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I just hope that Eevee evolves into a new evo

If it does, I'd bet on a Dragon evo, as that would be a counterpart to Sylveon and finish off all types that were considered Special until Gen IV (Fairy probably would have been special if it had existed back then).

Last edited:

Red and Blue

I figured if we got a new eeveelution it would be a flying type to fit in with the city of wind the film takes place in.

Speaking of new Pokemon have we ever gotten one revealed in the actual film itself instead of before? I'm asking on the chance that they intend for the possible eeveelution to be a surprise

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Can we not get another new Eeveelution. Sylveon was special, because it's been like 6 years since there's been an Eeveelution and really, it's not needed.... nor wanted by me this soon. Just give us details about the movie and show us screenshots.

I'd laugh my arse off if they introduce a new Eeveelution when Ilima's Eevee just showcased it's exclusive Eevee Z move not too long ago but whoops, we forgot the newest Flying Dragon type Eeveelution!:p

ShadowForce720

Can we not get another new Eeveelution. Sylveon was special, because it's been like 6 years since there's been an Eeveelution and really, it's not needed.... nor wanted by me this soon. Just give us details about the movie and show us screenshots.

I'd laugh my arse off if they introduce a new Eeveelution when Ilima's Eevee just showcased it's exclusive Eevee Z move not too long ago but whoops, we forgot the newest Flying Dragon type Eeveelution!:p

While I don't necessarily think that a new Eeveelution will show up in Pokemon Movie 21, that being said I wouldn't be that surprised if we got some new Eeveelutions introduce in gen 8. Also just to point this out it doesn't matter if we don't see a new eeveelution in Pokemon Movie 21, I mean sure if we see a new one in Pokemon Movie 21 that would confirm that we are getting a new Eeveelution in gen 8, however that being said even if we don't see one in Pokemon Movie 21 that would not confirm or imply that we aren't getting any new eeveelutions in gen 8, as keep in mind that while it's true that Sylveon was one of the first pokemon for gen 6 to be revealed before the games came out, it's also true that if you look back at gen 4 we didn't really found out about Leafeon and Glaceon being introduce in D&P until after the games came out.

My advice when it comes to Movie 21, is don't expect a new eeveelution to show up in movie 21 or think that it's definitely going to show up in movie 21, because if you go in expecting that there will be a new eeveelution that will show up in movie 21 and then one doesn't show up in movie 21 your going to be disappointed, however if you go into the movie not expecting a new eeveelution to be introduce or your keeping your expectations low and/or thinking it's unlikely that a new eeveelution will show up in movie 21 and then if your wrong and it does show up it will be a nice surprise. Also if a new eeveelution doesn't show up in movie 21 just remember that doesn't confirm or imply or mean in any way that there won't be any new eeveelutions in gen 8.

Also regardless of when you think gen 8 is coming out I would also recommend going into the movie not expecting to see something from gen 8, because right now it's not confirmed that there will be any gen 8 stuff, now I'm not saying that it's impossible that there could be gen 8 stuff in the movie, I'm just saying that don't expect it because you will just set yourself up for disappointment if you think there has to be something from gen 8 in movie 21 and then when the movie comes out you find out there is nothing from gen 8 in there.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

Lol I'm completely with you on this one,
Eeveelutions are somewhat getting old anyways. Maybe wait till Gen 9 to introduce another imo. It's not a waste of a pokemon or anything but if it's going to have the same stats as the other eeveelutions, be mono-typing, with the same overall body type, it's just meh after they do half the types.

But what I think is the most interesting is that everyone is speculating a new eeveelution because it's appearing in a pokemon movie..

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

But Eeveelutions are always introduced in the even generations, barring Gen 1, pf course. 2, 4, and 6. Gen 8 is actually the logical place for another one if so and The others were introduced in complementary pairs, so Sylveon's the odd one out right now. Even if the concept is a bit overdone, it's still the Evolution Pokemon and is the most likely to get a cross generation evolution.

All that said, I have no idea whether or not a new one will appear in the film, nor do I particularly care if one is or isn't, though a new one would basically guarantee a 2019 Switch game.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Some pages from chapter 1 of the spinoff manga have leaked. Keep in mind that this is not the full chapter, so any weird jumps in the story are just a result of missing pages:

https://i.imgur.com/8Kd6CyF.jpg

Satoshi: I want to meet Lugia as well!!
Pikachu: Pika!!
Satoshi: Meet AND battle it!!

Largo: Heheh... But you know, Lugia isn't the only one you might meet...
Largo: There's apparently someone else as well...

Largo: You see, there's another legend connected to Fura City...
Largo: A legend about a mythical Pokémon!!

Satoshi: Really?! I want to meet it.

Professor: Ho ho! I can show it to you!
Satoshi: Whoa, where did you come from?!

Professor: I am professor Sanzashi.
Sanzashi: And this is my assistant Eleboo!!
Eleboo: Ele!!
Sanzashi: If you come to my pavilion, you can see that Pokémon!

Sanzashi: I made the pavillion because I wanted to show it to everyone, since this is a festival and all,
Sanzashi: but nobody's coming to see it...
Largo: This is starting to look kinda fishy...

Satoshi: I want to see that mythical Pokémon!
Sanzashi: Really?! In that case, step right this way!!

Largo: Geez, Satoshi.
Pikachu: Pikaa.
Sanzashi: Ho ho.

Sanzashi: Look.
Sanzashi: Here it is!

Largo: THIS SERIOUSLY SMELLS LIKE TROUBLE!!

Largo: I... Is this really a good idea?
Satoshi: It's fine!
Satoshi: Man, I'm so excited.

Satoshi: Pardon the intrusion!!
Largo: Hey...

Largo: Your partner really loves Pokémon, doesn't he?
Pikachu: Pikaa.
Satoshi: WHOA.

Pikachu: Pika!!
Largo: Satoshi, what's wrong?

https://i.imgur.com/b82ruke.jpg

Satoshi: It looked all worn-down and tattered from the outside, but the inside is amazing!

Sanzashi: Ho ho.
Sanzashi: Put these on!
Satoshi: Whoa.

Satoshi: These are really cool.
Sanzashi: This is VR gear. Now that you've put it on...

Sanzashi: ...you can experience the legend on Fura City first-hand!
Sanzashi: Have fun!

Satoshi. WHOOOOOOAAA!

https://i.imgur.com/8QJp82h.jpg

Satoshi: Technology is incredible!!
Sanzashi: This is Fura City in the ancient past!!

Satoshi: Huh? I can hear the professor's voice...
Sanzashi: You're hearing me through the VR gear.

Satoshi: We can feel the wind and smell the smells... it's like we're actually here.
Largo: Yeah.
Sanzashi: Ho ho. That's how amazing my technology is!

Maril: Luri.
Pichu: Pichu.
Satoshi: Hey, wild Pokémon.

Satoshi: THEY WENT STRAIGHT THROUGH ME.
Sanzashi: Of course. This is just VR!

Sanzashi: At this point in time, something happened!
Satoshi: Huh?

https://i.imgur.com/g58xXK1.jpg

Sanzashi: A VOLCANIC ERUPTION!!
Satoshi: Whoa!

Satoshi: Seriously?
Largo: I'm scared...

Sanzashi: The sudden eruption caused thunderclouds to form,

https://i.imgur.com/wJiy76z.jpg

Sanzashi: and a bolt of lightning struck the crater!

Sanzashi: And the combination of that lightning bolt and the volcanic fire...
Sanzashi: ...caused a massive explosion...

Largo: Eeek!
Satoshi: Whoa!

Sanzashi: ...that led to the creation of...

Sanzashi: ...the mythical Pokémon...

Sanzashi: ZERAORA!!

https://i.imgur.com/xVP9lxR.jpg

Satoshi: Whoa, there's the city!
Largo: Oh, that's the power plant!!

Satoshi: Are you familiar with it, Largo?
Largo: Yeah. It's not in use anymore, though, and is all worn down.

Sanzashi: Zeraora and the Pokémon lived in peace and prosperity...
Sanzashi: ...next to the power plant!

Satoshi: That's great.
Satoshi: Is that the end of the story?
Sanzashi: No!

Sanzashi: Eventually THEY showed up!

Sanzashi: THE POKÉMON HUNTERS!!
Male hunter: Heh heh...

https://i.imgur.com/4sT9INf.jpg

Male hunter: The Pokémon here all look full of energy!!
Female hunter: We can sell them high!

Satoshi: I can't believe these guys!

Male hunter: Whoa.

Zeraora: Rrrr...

Largo: Zeraora.

Male hunter: This is a rare Pokémon!
Female hunter: Rare, huh? In that case, we'll definitely get it!

https://i.imgur.com/zFZGk6P.jpg

Male hunter: Fine, have it your way!
Female hunter: But this isn't over.

Togepy: Chokkiprii.

Zeraora: Rrrr.
Satoshi: Zeraora is really strong, huh?

Satoshi: Now I want to battle it more than ever!!

Narration box: The Pokémon Hunter base
Boss: What?

Boss: A rare Pokémon?

Male hunter: Yes sir, Agai-san. We met it near the power plant...
Female hunter: It was crazy strong.
Agai: Well, let's go grab it, then.

Agai: After all, that's what Pokémon Hunters do...
Agai: Isn't that right, Bangiras?
Narration: Who is this man...?! It feels like an intense battle is coming up...!!
Narration: To be continued in the July issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.