• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 13: M21 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: Everyone's Story (June 28: TV special)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Another interesting observation is why does Ash's collar resemble the Spanish flag? Pretty weird design choice to have it there randomly, unless they're hinting at something. Maybe this artstyle is for gen 8, and the region is based off of Spain.

ShadowForce720

You know I wonder if all the Pokemon movies coming out now are going to be set in the same universe as movie 20 like movie 21 is from now on or if were going to get some movies that are set in the same universe as main anime series again.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Honestly, the 1st thing that came in my mind was the artstyle. He looks, uh, cuter than usual. Anyway, while this is just a teaser, I'm still pretty excited to see what this movie will be like. And I hope they adopt the artstyle in Gen 8, lolz.

I very much like the art-style as well. It seems even better due to the contrast with Sun and Moon's over-simplified and non-serious style. While i would enjoy something akin to this in Gen VIII, it's worth noting that the movies have much larger animation budgets than the show, so that's probably the reason we're getting something so out there. Maybe what we'll get might be close, but it won't be this good.

You know I wonder if all the Pokemon movies coming out now are going to be set in the same universe as movie 20 like movie 21 is from now on or if were going to get some movies that are set in the same universe as main anime series again.

I think it's just going to be a Gen VII thing, since the theme of this generation seems to be doing things differently. Plus there's the fact that Sun and Moon's large cast, lack of focus, and emphasis on comedy wouldn't lend itself well to movies, so this is their excuse to avoid that issue.

Last edited:
I very much like the art-style as well. It seems even better due to the contrast with Sun and Moon's over-simplified and non-serious style. While i would enjoy something akin to this in Gen VIII, it's worth noting that the movies have much larger animation budgets than the show, so that's probably the reason we're getting something so out there. Maybe what we'll get might be close, but it won't be this good.

Ooooor maybe it looks so good because WIT is collabing on this one and they made Attack on Titan so it looks gorgeous anyways. Who knows.

I’m personally super-stoked for this movie because of the beautiful animation style, plus confirmation that this takes place in the same world as M20. I can’t wait for more news!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Ooooor maybe it looks so good because WIT is collabing on this one and they made Attack on Titan so it looks gorgeous anyways. Who knows.

That's definitely a big part of it. Probably goes alongside that bigger budget thing I mentioned, though. As a bigger budget allows them to bring in better animators.

Johtohfiller

I noticed on the poster that Ash's shoes look similar to his SM shoes and he's wearing shorter pants. Makes me wonder if this is set in alternate world Alola, but with Lugia.

Cradily17

Well. It seems that Alola is once again not getting a movie set in its own region. This may seem bad, but it actually bodes well for the anime because they can include more stuff like legendaries, Ultra Beasts, and Rainbow Rocket in the show instead of sticking them in a movie where another mythical would hog the spotlight.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I noticed on the poster that Ash's shoes look similar to his SM shoes and he's wearing shorter pants. Makes me wonder if this is set in alternate world Alola, but with Lugia.

It seems to be a continuation from last movie.

He has the same hat from M20.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Different outfit from M20 (namely collar) that I saw. Maybe this is yet ANOTHER AU?

nuzamaki90

Yuyama...Yajima...WIT Studio...

This movie is about to take me on a grand trip of hype I haven’t been on in a long time

BTW ABSOLUTELY LOVE ASH’s REDESIGN

ITSHOULDVEBEENHISALOLADESIGNINTHEFIRSTPLACE/10

Animefan145

Huh, I don't mind the idea of a continuation of M20 as a separate continuity. Sometimes without having the show to restrain them they can do more stuff (like the whole Ho-oh thing in M20). On the other hand, not sure I care for the new art style, or that new girl's look. Maybe when we'll get more trailers and artwork I'll have a better reaction. And really surprised to hear they're bringing in that studio to help with the art. M20 looked really good, I hope they can keep that quality up.

I kind of hope they don't just redo the Lugia movie though. I love that movie but rather they got in their own direction by now. Kind of too bad we won't get to see the Alola gang in a movie (they've grown on me), at the rate they're going, though that probably also depends on whenever the Switch game is ready.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Wow, I can’t decide what’s worse; the last movie overall, or the art design for this movie..

I hate the route they’re taking. They should’ve definitely continued by making new Alola movies, not by revisiting and completely rewriting the past..

ShadowForce720

Different outfit from M20 (namely collar) that I saw. Maybe this is yet ANOTHER AU?

Actually it seems more like it's the same Ash from movie 20 as he has the same hat as the one from movie 20, it's more of a case of it just movie 20 Ash getting a new redesign for the movie similar to how the Ash in the main anime series tends to get a redesign each time he goes to a new region for the most part.

Hoennking

Wow, I can’t decide what’s worse; the last movie overall, or the art design for this movie..

I hate the route they’re taking. They should’ve definitely continued by making new Alola movies, not by revisiting and completely rewriting the past..
With how successful last movie was. The stale of hoopa and volcanion movies underwhelming at bo makes sense

Red and Blue

Prior to movie 20, the formula for the films have been getting stale. I'm glad they are experimenting and trying new things.

ShadowForce720

They aren't rewriting the past, as that would imply that somehow this movie overrides Pokemon movie 2000 the power of one, as movie 21 is most likely set in the same universe as movie 20, which is a different universe from the universe that main anime and the Pokemon movies 1-19 are set in. Plus I don't expect this to just be a remake of the power of one movie sure, it will probably have some similarities but the same time it's going to have plenty of differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.