• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 13: M21 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: Everyone's Story (June 28: TV special)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
So the Alolan movies have their own canon this time around huh... that's pretty cool. Gotta admit the art style took me for a loop the first time looking at it.
I hope this is a retelling of Pokemon 2000, that was an amazing movie.

Red and Blue

So mystery girl was shown holding a Poke Ball in the poster. Maybe she owns Zeraora?

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
I don't mind a Pokemon Cinematic Universe so long as we see Ash grow as a character and yeah, to age as well (I mean, sure he's probably going to be portrayed as a 10 year old kid but I do want to at least see his attitude age fairly well). And I'm hoping that should they continue to this road, we see all of his friends and enemies reunited for one big movie, Infinity War style, lolz.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Well, I hope this'll be to M20 like what The Rescuers Down Under was to The Rescuers, otherwise I predict there will be no enjoyment in it from me. It's already down that route musically, as M18JP and M20JP have shown that Has-Been can't remix for the life of him, so it's a guarantee that the JP Lugia's Song (which, while totally inferior to the 4kids Lugia's Song, is still very nice) got that kiss of death applied to it, and my hopes in the movie's JP soundtrack can therefore be considered destroyed. Though I should also admit that the one bummer about this movie possibly getting a dub soundtrack is that the 4kids Lugia's Song won't be remixed. But considering how well Ed Goldfarb, Akhil Gopal, and Kc Daugirdas did on M20, they could surprise me enough to make me overlook that. We'll just have to see.

Bottom line, other than the animation quality, this teaser was unfortunately unimpressive.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
You know... I'd love it if this movie is testing the waters of having just Ash and a female companion as a main character. The third character is pretty useless majority of the time anyways, more time for Ash's team to grow and develop and the female would have more time too.

This.

This makes sense. They've bothered including a male companion in season and move but not now? makes me think they're testing it.

Spyro39

M21 looks interesting with the new animation after seeing the trailer. Can't wait to see more.

The only two things I can assume with this trailer is that they're finally answering two of the fandom's biggest complaints by making movie 20 Ash actually age & giving him a real love interest.

While the art style feels a little off, it does kind of give me the feeling that Ash actually looks like he's grown and they seem to be putting a lot of emphasis on this girl for some reason.

Aging? No. It was confirmed during one of the promotions for the 20th movie that Ash is eternally 10. Sorry.

As for the girl, is she going to be Ash's companion in this movie?

Last edited:
Wow I might have to actually watch M20

This art design is the 2nd best art design of Ash except that I wish did a more XY type face, but that's my opinion and this still looks seriously good.

Also I'm getting behind the ship of Ash and Melody 2.0. The girl looks seriously well drawn and animated. Even hardcore AmourShippers need to have fun xD. But I'm seriously rlly hyped about this movie

Also when AOT studio is working with Pokémon, you know it's gonna be an awesome movie. I just need clips of some badass Ash.

Thank Arceus SM isn't getting movies. I don't need a gag movie

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Ash's clothes are definitely a mix of the original's BW and XY clothes.
I wonder if is there any meaning upon that?

Red and Blue

So is it safe to assume the movie will have a trainer owning Primarina or Decidueye? Maybe Mystery Girl owns one.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
So is it safe to assume the movie will have a trainer owning Primarina or Decidueye? Maybe Mystery Girl owns one.
Primarina makes the most sense, given the setting. Especially if she really is Melody 2.0.

Ash's clothes are definitely a mix of the original's BW and XY clothes.
I wonder if is there any meaning upon that?

Yeah and those are actually the best Ash clothes. If I wasn't such a XY fan I would definitely say that is is the best Ash outfit.

Maybe promoting those games? Characters coming back? It could be anything

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Primarina makes the most sense, given the setting. Especially if she really is Melody 2.0.

Yeah.. given we had only incineroar in the 1st movie, if we get only 1 fully evolved starter in this movie too, it's going to be primarina! I just want primarina to have a better role than what incineroar had in M20.

Btw, movie looks like a continuation of M20 rather than SM based movie. Super excited as movie with the older formula were definitely getting boring!!

Henry's Journey

Yeah and those are actually the best Ash clothes. If I wasn't such a XY fan I would definitely say that is is the best Ash outfit.

The best thing for ya is that Tetsuo Yajima is the director of this movie, so for XY/XY&Z fans this will be a treat. :p

Oh and there's a high chance of a shipping/romance in this one too lol.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Yeah.. given we had only incineroar in the 1st movie, if we get only 1 fully evolved starter in this movie too, it's going to be primarina! I just want primarina to have a better role than what incineroar had in M20.

Btw, movie looks like a continuation of M20 rather than SM based movie. Super excited as movie with the older formula were definitely getting boring!!
It could sing Lugia's song along with this girl.

Although let's be honest, Primarina's presence alone would make this movie infinitely better

The best thing for ya is that Tetsuo Yajima is the director of this movie, so for XY/XY&Z fans this will be a treat. :p

Oh and there's a high chance of a shipping/romance in this one too lol.

Ye I'm actually super hyped for this. Pokemon 2018 actually good?! Dream come true.

Anyway imagine having an Pokémon Cinematic Universe? Maybe have actually age? If this is a continuation, makes you wonder

If this is a continuation, then imagine all the possibilities...if they do it region by region

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

So, it will be a continuation of I Choose You, as I predicted. I could've sworn I saw Lugia in that ocean. I have a felling the movie after this will be the final part of a trilogy, just like how the tenth, eleventh and twelfth were last decade.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Ye I'm actually super hyped for this. Pokemon 2018 actually good?! Dream come true.

I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. The executives have a say in all this. Tetsuo Yajima directed BW001 as well, so ... yeah, executives suck.

As for the "I Choose You" -verse, do you guys believe it's a trilogy or a whole new direction the movies are going? If it's an outright new cinematic universe, then we need to have some more variety or else we'll fall into the same pits as the old movies did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.