• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 13: M21 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: Everyone's Story (June 28: TV special)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
so apparently OLM is collaborating with another studio for this movie?
Wit Studio, yes. The same company that works on Attack on Titan.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
so apparently OLM is collaborating with another studio for this movie?

It is WIT Studio, ie. Attack on Titan guys.

Edit: Janine'd.

Remix2

Wow of all thing I never thought I see, it's wit studios(the same studio who made attack on titan) working together with olm on Pokémon.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'd love it if they have a romance plot between Ash and this new girl.....
But please, give him more than just Pikachu and Charizard this time.

I love Ash's M21 outfit. I swear the third film better have AU Ash crossing dimensions and meeting our Ash, lol.

It looks great, minus the hat. I hate that hat.....
But the jacket looks amazing!

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
it's hilarious that we now have 3 different art styles in gen 7 anime works: SM tv anime, m20, and m21.

Watch as they bring in Gekidan Inu Curry for Movie 3 remake.

Red and Blue

I wonder if part of the reason for a sequel to the AU is the Alola region's size? There might not have been much you can do with just four islands.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
It's a remake/reimagination of Revelation Lugia, they played Lugia's song during the trailer.
The girl seems to be a redesigned Frula?
Huh...I thought that song sounded familiar. (I've only watched the Japanese version of M02 once or twice, so the Japanese version of Lugia's Song isn't stuck in my brain like 4Kids' version is.) I absolutely love Revelation Lugia/The Power of One, so if M21 is a remake/reimagination of that movie, then I'm all on board! :) And if that blonde girl is supposed to be a redesigned Melody, then props to the character designer, because that is a far better, more creative character design than Melody was. (I never was fond of Melody's odd-looking ponytails.)

I love the art style for this movie. It reminds me less of Pokémon's typical art style and more of the art style of other anime. (I wonder if that's due to Wit Studio's involvement...) Ash looks older yet also "cuter" at the same time, if that's possible. And I love the redesign of his jacket, especially the contrasting colors of the collar.

Epicocity

I wonder if part of the reason for a sequel to the AU is the Alola region's size? There might not have been much you can do with just four islands.

I'd say it's likely more the structure than the setting. The hub-focused slice of life doesn't make, likely, for a very engaging movie that will feature a new locale and action (predictably, at least). Had Ash been traveling around Alola, they still could have done it potentially, especially on large islands like Akala and Ula'ula. I mean, they had no problem putting a desert into Pokemon France, so putting in a movie location should have been easy enough, right?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
They will probably give him Lapras.

I hope not.... should have given him Squirtle and Bulbasaur.

Part of the reason I was so disappointed in 20 was that they didn't take the chance to give Ash Pokemon he never owned before in the anime. If they really want to separate Ash from the main one, letting him have Gengar would have been a good start.
I'd love it if he actually owned Pokemon we never saw him with before

04n70n10

OMG. So they somewhat "split" Ash, (for) now we have the Ash of the Anime and the Ash of the Movie(s). A sequel of "i choose you" with apparently elements of the second movie (with 99.999% Lugia at least). So I choose you was really a new start for Pokémon movie-wise (?). This wasn't so obvious before.

Rohanator

I'm pretty sure the only real reason they're keeping up the AU movies is profit, M20 sold well so why wouldn't they keep making them special? (and even if this was planned before M20 actually came out it was pretty obvious it'd do better than most recent movies, and if this is based on M2 it's already low effort enough that they might as well go for it). The movie settings are never based on game locations so there's no way this is due to some limitation of Alola or even the school setting, they could easily just have the characters be on a classtrip and an adventure take place there if they wanted to make an Alola movie.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I mean, they had no problem putting a desert into Pokemon France, so putting in a movie location should have been easy enough, right?

Another issue was likely was the interconnected status of the Legendaries, which makes better for the TV show, but not for disconnected movies.

Or more clearly, since whole Nebby storyline was a thing, there wasn't much point in having a Solgaleo/Lunala movie, then a Necrozma movie and finishing off with another mythical.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I hope not.... should have given him Squirtle and Bulbasaur.

Part of the reason I was so disappointed in 20 was that they didn't take the chance to give Ash Pokemon he never owned before in the anime. If they really want to separate Ash from the main one, letting him have Gengar would have been a good start.
I'd love it if he actually owned Pokemon we never saw him with before
Given that M20 was meant to pay homage to the anime's 20-year history, it made sense that Ash's team consisted of Pokémon he has had in the main anime. IMO, that was part of the point. Assuming M21 is not meant to be a homage the way M20 was, I feel the writers have more freedom to "mess around," so to speak, with Ash's team roster. Perhaps he will have Pokémon he never caught in the main series. (I still expect him to have that Charizard, though.)

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
If this is in Johto, I hope for a mixed team. Pikachu, charizard, heracross (based in movie 20 credits), bayleef, snorlax and something new. I wouldn't mind with his classic orange island team, though.

Still don't know what think about that trailer (I hope for a HD poster soon), if it's indeed a movie 2 remake and that's Melody revamped, well, I'm at least curious.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
And suddenly, my interest in this movie is piqued. A remake of my favorite Pokemon movie featuring my favorite Pokemon? Yes please!!

Also, here's a poster for the movie:

If they're going to redo the Lugia movie, does that mean that M22 will be an Entei remake? Because that would have me super excited.

Still, glad that the M20 was popular enough to get a second movie with its style, even if it does mean the Alola crew won't have a movie at least until 2019 I'd they get one.

Ok, so after reading through this thread after having a bath, I just spotted that WIT Studios are working on this.

Holy hell, this is going to look gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.