• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 13: M21 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: Everyone's Story (June 28: TV special)

Status
Not open for further replies.

World Turtle

Also it seems the writers wouldn’t let Ash have Dark-types like but if otherwise it usually won’t have Dark-type moves. So Ash doesn’t own too many and I’m still not too convinced he’ll own one in the movie. And there will be more focus on his Pikachu anyway and also as you know that he has never owned a Tyranitar in canon, it would be hard to remember him for owning one so there’s not much point giving him one in the movie.

Larvitar/Tyranitar is primarily a Rock-Type and doesn't become Dark till the very end. Same as Froakie/Greninja. Also, Larvitar did recently appear in that flashback in the Kanto 2-partner (so they clearly haven't forgotten him).

However, there is no point in debating this further since playerking explained what Tyranitar's presence will likely be:

That spinoff manga. Two Pokemon hunters had a Scizor and a Houndoom and the other hunter had a Tyranitar. That third hunter was scene sitting near a broken brick wall, near where Largo hangs out. That same location was in a scene from the film where Largo protected some Pokemon from a Sneasel and a Houndour.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
They counted Larvitar as enough of a Ash-mon to give a Pupitar to Ritchie back in the day, Ritchie only owned Pokemon lines that Ash himself owns/owned.
It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say Ash has a Tyranitar, but then we hoped a Gengar in promotion art would be that Haunter back in M20 so who really knows.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Ash having a Tyranitar without any explanation would be ludicrous

Also, him not using any of his pokemon isn't a new thing in the movies - there's been a few where he never calls out any of his team - sometimes not even Pikachu battles

Can't wait for Ash to play barely any role in this movie and for it to focus mostly on Torito, Largo, Lisa, the granny, and the guy who eventually gets Sudowoodo

And Zeraora, I guess

Lugia too

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Larvitar/Tyranitar is primarily a Rock-Type and doesn't become Dark till the very end. Same as Froakie/Greninja. Also, Larvitar did recently appear in that flashback in the Kanto 2-partner (so they clearly haven't forgotten him).

However, there is no point in debating this further since playerking explained what Tyranitar's presence will likely be:
I know Ash has had Dark-types before but I still have one more note before we finish. As you quoted the thing about Tyranitar being hunted in M04, which was originally wild, makes me further convinced that the Tyranitar in the movie will be wild.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Also, discussion about the actual movie itself goes in the movie review thread in the episode reviews subforum, I moved all such posts over there.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Wait, so Dogasu got a promotional pamphlet like thing that says Trito is romanised as Torito. Which do we go with?

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
So what was the deal with Ash and that Blue Pokeball?

playerking

So what was the deal with Ash and that Blue Pokeball?
It's a Poke Ball for the Get Race during the festival. Contestants try to catch as many Pokemon with them as they can. Pokemon that can be caught have a blue marker on them, like Sudowoodo during one of those TV Spot trailers.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
It's a Poke Ball for the Get Race during the festival. Contestants try to catch as many Pokemon with them as they can. Pokemon that can be caught have a blue marker on them, like Sudowoodo during one of those TV Spot trailers.

Oh.... I'm guessing by the fact that people are saying Ash only has Pikachu that he either didn't catch anything.... Or that they aren't for keeps captures.

playerking

Oh.... I'm guessing by the fact that people are saying Ash only has Pikachu that he either didn't catch anything.... Or that they aren't for keeps captures.
He caught an Ekans, but it wasn't permanent, yeah.

AshSerena

it seems the movie is on ranking 2 at the moment , while rank 1 was Jurassic world.
also it seems its already exceed the last year movie, I Choose You from what i heard xD

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The movie debuted at #2 in the box office behind Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
Respectable. Although it is kind of hard to top beating Ghibli opening weekend as happened last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.