• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 13: M21 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: Everyone's Story (June 28: TV special)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatsuLian

I made a Google Docs comparing the earnings of I Choose You to Everyone's Story. Based on the current trajectory, Everyone's Story is set to finish at or above 3 billion yen. During its second weekend, Everyone's Story fell 53% as opposed to I Choose You's decline of nearly 50%. However, once Golden Week and summer get under way, the declines will be less and Everyone's Story should rebound nicely. Also, this is the second consecutive opening above 500 million yen after years of 300-400 million yen openings. All in all, the Pokemon film franchise has rebounded very nicely at the box office and is no longer in the red.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BKpEzsYOZCTyaUX1oV0iJrhvuTPbwlGBHX3l96iQ6Gw/edit?usp=sharing

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
In the new movie, there's a competiotion where Ash has to catch some Pokemon. In a trailer, we saw him catching a Ekans, and I believe there's another picture where he captures a Tyranitar. Can anyone please confirm which Pokemon Ash captures in this movie?

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Are we allowed to talk about the dub here? No?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
From a recent interview with Yuyama and Yajima, I think this gives us the answer to that "revelation" at the end of the movie. Has some info on character names too:

Q: Director Yajima, in the final episode of "Pocket Monsters XY&Z", you directed a scene where we see baby's breath. We see a flower at the end of this movie as well, so what kind of meaning is there to that one?
Yajima: The last scene was visually very barren, so I wanted to add a flower to it that told a message. The characters in the movie are named after flowers, that's why I wanted to use a flower specifically.
Q: The characters are named after flowers?
Yajima: Yes. For instance, Torito's name comes from the torikabuto, wolfsbane. In the language of flowers, wolfsbane means "misanthropy". Kagachi is another name for winter cherry, which means "deception".
Q: I see, those are definitely very fitting name origins. On that note, does the flower we see at the end of the movie exist in real life?
Yajima: Yes, that's a fuji rock cress. In the language of flowers, it means "live together". I thought it fit the movie very well, so I tried making one bloom there.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Quick question: did this movie get a manga adaptation? Or did we just get that Zeraora Gaiden by Kemom Kawamoto?

I ask because I haven't found a pre-order for the collected edition so I'm suspecting we just got that gaiden thing. Is that correct?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Quick question: did this movie get a manga adaptation? Or did we just get that Zeraora Gaiden by Kemom Kawamoto?

I ask because I haven't found a pre-order for the collected edition so I'm suspecting we just got that gaiden thing. Is that correct?

Yeah, no manga adaptation.

(also, I need to finish up the translation of these promo articles and stuff, there's a lot of good stuff in there)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Thanks.

A bit sad losing the traditional manga adaptation. I've collected all volumes Viz released (I even have the their version of I Choose You pre-ordered) as well as the japanese version of the 8th movie adaptation and the I Choose you Remix one. Doubt Viz will release the gaiden thing but we will see...

Status
Not open for further replies.