• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Dec 11: Movie 21 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
This looks promising! Also this probably sorts out my problem with Gen 7's mythical Pokemon and how they can manage them in the movies. So I think the events will probably be Ash-Pikachu in 2017 for the movies release (which would make sense since this is after all the 20th anniversary for the anime), Marshadow for 2018 (shame we have to wait another year got legitimately get the last remaining Pokemon in the PokeDex), and 2019 will feature a Gen 8 Pokemon. Simple as that!

But overall... CAN'T WAIT!!!

Maybe but maybe not If the games do jump to Switch mid gen we have the chance of Gen 4 remakes AND Gen 5 ones since so far the pattern has been they skip the gaming system right before it and jump to the next. But the DS games are in a odd place since they have two gens on the same system. Meaning if they wanted to do they could give a movie dedicated to the Kyurem fusion in the movie of the Gen V remake. Of course they also have the chance of maybe not doing yearly movies anymore either or doing more of these unexpected things. If they kept the whole legendaries for main show arcs and used movies like maybe DBZ does I'd really be cool with it. Like do a movie with a man who used a super powerful pokemon due to enhancements or a big tournament with a secret but keep the legadries out.

I'm just happy Pokemon is doing stuff nobody saw coming. We never thought GF would try something different and I'm sure nobody saw a movie like this being a thing. I just hope they keep trying new stuff over just sticking with the safe route.

snorlax512

If it is a story of Ash's entire journey, I want to see:

Kanto:
Ash vs Brock
Ash vs Blaine
Ash vs Surge
Ash vs Mandy
Ash vs Ritchie
Ash vs Drake

Johto
Heracross vs Scizor (best non-gym/league battle ever)
Ash vs Gary
Ash vs Harrison
Ash vs Clair

Hoenn
Ash vs Norman
May vs Drew
Ash vs Tyson
Ash vs Noland
Ash vs Brandon

Sinnoh
Ash vs Volkner
Ash vs Paul
Ash vs Tobias

Unova:
Dragonite vs Charizard

Kalos
Ash vs Korrina
Ash vs Clemont
Ash vs Wulfric
Ash vs Sawyer
Ash vs Alain

Other important moments:
Ash gets Pikachu
Spearow scene
Butterfree release
Ash almost releases pikachu
Cave scene with all of Ash's pokemon
Pidgeot release
Ash dies in Mewtwo movie
Charizard obeys Ash
Jessie and James release Arbok and Weezing
Lapras release
Misty goodbye
May and max goodbye
Paul releases chimchar
Infernape controls blaze
Dawn and Brock goodbye
Charizard returns
Greninja perfects AG form
Goodra release
Greninja release
Clemont, Bonnie and Serena goodbye
Also, every TR release

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I doubt they would do that many gym battles, maybe one or two per region. Also like the events under the other important moments; I'd like to see those as well.

snorlax512

I doubt they would do that many gym battles, maybe one or two per region. Also like the events under the other important moments; I'd like to see those as well.

For the less important ones, I hope they could just show a short flashback (like Ash's Charizard flashback in BW) to acknowledge it.

NPT

Just a member
So the 20th movie is going to be a recap of Ash's Kanto adventures? Whoa, didn't see that coming!

Can't wait to watch the Spearow chase scene in HD.

Last edited:
What's the definition of "origin"? The start of things... Red and Green/Blue were the start of the franchise, and THAT's exactly why there hasn't been such a series for GS/RS/DP/BW/XY/SM. Plain and simple. But hey, there's Generations that kinda plays with what you want.

And what is this whining about not being able to connect if the movie is set in Kanto? Not getting the same nostalgia-feel, that's one thing, but completely not being able to connect to it is just being overtly dramatic. For one, it still follows Ash.. Second, you're basically saying you can't handle a shift of location (basically a quick jump into Kanto-land), while you are saying you have connected to multiple storylines in multiple regions already (so you apparently can handle a shift in location). Honestly, that does not make sense, it's hypocritical even. Or is this unableness to connect to anything Kanto just in spite of it getting some more love during the 20th anniversary, because that would be petty. What makes even less sense is that your screenname is Nerdy McNerdface and you're claiming to not have played a game that's set in Kanto? 7.8/10: Not nerdy enough.

I've played Pokemon Red. What I probably might not have made clear is that I mean I won't be able to connect with it as much as many others who have viewed the series since the beginning/for a long time. I can handle a location shift, but a small part of me is a bit tired of Kanto being shown more than other regions when I'm personally not a huge fan of it, and haven't had any special nostalgic experiences with it. Of course, it's just my own opinion. If yours is different that's completely ok. Oh, and about the origins thing, I didn't say it'd have to be called "origins", just a series similar to it, but not for the sake of highlighting the beginning. But what I can say is I completely understand people who do get the nostalgia, as part of the reason why I like Hoenn is because it was my first ever region.

Sorry if I didn't make my point clear, and sorry if I offended you. Knowing me, I likely screwed up a few of my explanations, so hopefully this cleared it up?

Janovy

Banned
I'm just hoping my man Ho-oh gets the screentime it deserves.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I hope Delia gets some screentime as well. Poor girl haven't spent on screen bonding time with her son in so long excluding the first few episodes of SM.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
What I wish is that M20 would be the big Ash-tachii Reunion a lot of people want in favor of another fanfictiony adventure story or Legendary wrasslin'.

They sink quite a bit into these things anyway, so may as well get the whole gang (or at least many as they can get) together for a heck of a party.
Imagine if it were the Pokémon version of "DBZ: Battle of Gods" with lots of cameos and references ;)

Because surely I can't be only one not excited for a big budget*rehash, or worse, a clip show...

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I'm excited for this apparent retelling of Ash's Kanto journey, although at the same time I was really looking forward to seeing Alola's legendary pokemon in a film, so it's sad that we'll need to wait for that. But it's still good that we'll see Ho-Oh again next year. :3

colomb

Wasn't Ho-oh vs Lugia once teased in a dp trailer? It's not confirmed to appear just yet. And we know that trailer showed no actual movie footage too.

Born Better

God of Lightning
I was someone point out the flowers from the end of XYZ and Ash's hat being a combo of his OS and SM hats. Has it been confirmed that this a a remake or it is all just speculation? If nothing's been outright confirmed, I don't think it's impossible that this could be what happened between the end of XYZ and the start of SM.

Oh and people thinking AshxMisty is gonna be a thing or that this is gonna lead to Misty coming back full time(ya know despite SM being a thing with Misty nowhere in sight) are delusional.

WaterTypeWarrior

I was someone point out the flowers from the end of XYZ and Ash's hat being a combo of his OS and SM hats. Has it been confirmed that this a a remake or it is all just speculation? If nothing's been outright confirmed, I don't think it's impossible that this could be what happened between the end of XYZ and the start of SM.

Oh and people thinking AshxMisty is gonna be a thing or that this is gonna lead to Misty coming back full time(ya know despite SM being a thing with Misty nowhere in sight) are delusional.

I guess that possibility exists, but given how Ash is pretty much 100% dressed in his original outfit (just with a slight alteration to his hat), I think a retelling is far more likely. There's just far more evidence pointing in that direction.

I don't think anyone believes that this movie means any chance of Misty returning to the main cast. We're just excited that there's a pretty decent chance of her having a role in this movie with what it seems to be doing. No need to be so harsh.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

I wouldn't mind if this brought Brock back permanently.... Misty would be pointless though. We already have one Water expert this saga.
And it would be funny seeing Brock flirting with Lusamine. xD

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I miss our man Brock but he isn't needed nor necessary in SM. We already have a larger cast than normal. He better make a cameo soon~! :D

He can be Lusamine's doctor trying to help her get well while she's in a coma in Kanto.

Ominous Wind

I miss our man Brock but he isn't needed nor necessary in SM. We already have a larger cast than normal. He better make a cameo soon~! :D

He can be Lusamine's doctor trying to help her get well while she's in a coma in Kanto.

He ain't that kind of doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.