• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Dec 11: Movie 21 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Born Better

God of Lightning
I wouldn't mind if this brought Brock back permanently.... Misty would be pointless though. We already have one Water expert this saga.
And it would be funny seeing Brock flirting with Lusamine. xD

Again, SM is already airing. Ain't nobody coming back.
Bork needs to stay gone too. He has absolutely no purpose anymore. Hell, when he left, he was nothing more than a mess of tired running gags and exposition.

snorlax512

Again, SM is already airing. Ain't nobody coming back.
Bork needs to stay gone too. He has absolutely no purpose anymore. Hell, when he left, he was nothing more than a mess of tired running gags and exposition.
He could come back for a cameo. He is Ash's best bro after all.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

Janovy

Banned
Is this Yonemura's first time writing a movie?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
inb4 this becomes the start of Yonemura take over people were expecting six years ago.

gliscor&yanmega

Trailer looked great, would have been nice if they showed a shot of Ash's face but oh well. Will be interesting to see what they do with this and I guess we'll have to wait for the next movie to see if this will be something they continue or it's just a special thing since it's the 20th movie and they'll be at a 1000 episodes of the anime soon.

Masterofpokemon95

What if we finally get concrete answers to what happened to ash's pokemon like butterfree(will we see his life after ash) pidgeot's official release? maybe primeape's return to prof oaks ranch?

But i do see them retconning his gym battles to make them "officially" earned instead of his "given badges" im fine with how he originally earned them but to each his own

SlimeStack

I honestly think this'll just be an origin story for Ash. There's no time to be showing significant amounts of Ash's journey, and we don't really need a clip show either. We also don't need to see him go through the badge quest and on to the Indigo League because then that'll just make it look too much like Origins, even with the differences. The name and poster are explicitly based on the first episode so it wouldn't surprise me if the movie adapted parts of the first few episodes and tied them together into an original story that simply ends with Ash and Pikachu having bonded and deciding to go through with the Indigo League quest. I say original story because I can't really imagine them doing a straight adaptation of the first few episodes then suddenly ending at like Mt. Moon or something weird.

Kein

AKA Silktree
If they give Ash a new origin story with some substantial differences (as already implied by the Rainbow Wing), I can't just see them leaving it at that. Assuming that the movie is a success, they'll want to continue the reboot.

I don't see Mew being used in this movie, either. I think it will be used for the 2018 sequel.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
If they give Ash a new origin story with some substantial differences (as already implied by the Rainbow Wing), I can't just see them leaving it at that. Assuming that the movie is a success, they'll want to continue the reboot.

I don't see Mew being used in this movie, either. I think it will be used for the 2018 sequel.

The thing is though....wpuldnt be really awkward to have a series of movies about ash running at the same time as the regular anime in a different canon?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I think this is a one time thing for the anime's 20th anniversary.
I think it'll probably be an alternative timeline or there may be some changes if not. I don't think this will be a complete retelling of the OS.

Kein

AKA Silktree
The thing is though....wpuldnt be really awkward to have a series of movies about ash running at the same time as the regular anime in a different canon?
Kids won't necessarily see it as a different canon. And a lot of movie viewers will be adults that don't necessarily watch the show.

If it can work for one movie, I don't see why it couldn't work for two or three.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

You mean like drop SM anime and continue where Movie 20 left of? I don't think so. This movie will likely be a recap what Ash has done in OS, which a minor changes: maybe, what they've done off-screen,maybe OS Mewtwo going X and Mew using Z move. I doubt it will be a copy and paste of OS ,just with different/better animation.

SlimeStack

I didn't even notice the rainbow wing. I think that gives us our expanded/alternative origin story then. Ho-oh was simply far more significant in this version of the story.

You mean like drop SM anime and continue where Movie 20 left of? I don't think so. This movie will likely be a recap what Ash has done in OS, which a minor changes: maybe, what they've done off-screen,maybe OS Mewtwo going X and Mew using Z move. I doubt it will be a copy and paste of OS ,just with different/better animation.

He means the TV anime will continue as normal, but the movies will become its own separate series of movies focusing on a rebooted Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.