• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Dec 11: Movie 21 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Kinda doubt of these. Ash is mostly probably doing almost all the fight there, there's no reason to actually give full teams to the other two. While it isn't impossible see the Kanto starters being splited between the companions this time, Ash having all the three is a shout out to the original I don't think they'll change + charizard is as iconic as his ace as pikachu.

Well, the movie takes place in Kanto, but I think it'll use the 7th gen mechanics, so, Ash could just catch gengar already evolved (like using SOS).

Then again if you look at the scene where Charmander is being caught you will notice that the person holding up the poke ball isn't wearing any gloves, where as we can see that Ash has gloves, so either for whatever reason Ash wasn't wearing any gloves in the scene, or it's because one of his traveling companions are getting Charmander instead of Ash. I mean sure Charizard is iconic but this is an AU and it's been shown the writers haven't been shy about having other characters use a Charizard. It's entirely possible that were going to be seeing changes to Ash's team as given how this a AU that means they don't necessarily have to have Ash catch the same pokemon.

I mean there has already been some notable different in this AU when compared to the main anime universe so just because Ash had all 3 Kanto starters in the OS doesn't mean that Ash necessarily has to get them in this AU.

Last edited:

dp045

Then again if you look at the scene where Charmander is being caught you will notice that the person holding up the poke ball isn't wearing any gloves, where as we can see that Ash has gloves, so either for whatever reason Ash wasn't wearing any gloves in the scene, or it's because one of his traveling companions are getting Charmander instead of Ash. I mean sure Charizard is iconic but this is an AU and it's been shown the writers haven't been shy about having other characters use a Charizard. It's entirely possible that were going to be seeing changes to Ash's team as given how this a AU that means they don't necessarily have to have Ash catch the same pokemon.

I mean there has already been some notable different in this AU when compared to the main anime universe so just because Ash had all 3 Kanto starters in the OS doesn't mean that Ash necessarily has to get them in this AU.
Anyway, actually it would be a success that in the movie Ash capture the three starters of Kanto, after all along with Pikachu form an iconic team of Ash, I say, although in the movie there will be big changes in comparison to the anime of OS , As far as the Pokémon I capture Ash do not think there should be many variants, at least for now imply that you will have a Butterfree (capturing it as a Caterpie, I guess) and have Bulbasaur, Charizard and Squirtle. Something that characterized OS a lot was the interactions that the starters had between them (Charmander-Charizard, Bulbasaur and Squirtle in Kanto, Chikorita-Bayleaf, Scyndaquil and Totodile in Jhoto) and although the format could not work in the same way in the Movie, I still think it would be best if Ash had them on his team and see how they execute the friendship between them on screen, in my opinion.
Anyway, the Ash of AU can still differ very much from its version of OS if it captures Gengar and Lapras, not to capture Tauros, Kraby, Piddgeotto and also if it permanently conserves to Butterfree (please writers). If it is confirmed that Makoto and Souji are coming from Sinnoh (by the accompanying pokémon) perhaps in the movie they could reveal more members of their team and let Ash only capture pokémon during the movie.

AshSerena

I finally manage to bought the pre order ticket and its comes with the booklet, check if anyone wants to see it from my twitter account,
https://twitter.com/AshandSerena/status/853131995919958016

For those who have no Twitter account, here!
[IMGSIZE=500]http://i.imgur.com/A5NhcPb.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
[IMGSIZE=500]http://i.imgur.com/pVgbtVb.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

interesting part is Cross has Midnight Lycanroc too! also it said that Cross wants to battle with Ho-Oh too and trying to steal that rainbow wings from Satoshi
i think i need Dephender to translate those info about them since i dont have confidence about my english xD

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
And Ash has Charizard! Oh, all is well in the world! Really, that's completely made my day! Fantastic news! /s

Thanks anyway AshSerena :) Midnight Lycanroc is interesting...hmm.

dp045

I think that confirms that actually in the movie Ash would have his Charizard.
Mmm ... Marshadow will join Ash's team?

Curiso that Cross also has a Lycanroc Middnigth Form, since in the anime of SM Ash has Litten and Rockruff.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Well, Charizard is a start.

Tho I guess his whole disobedient arc is out the window since he'll help Ash battle edgy mc edgyson.

Last edited:

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Well, Charizard is a start.

I mean I guess his whole disobedient arc is out the window since he'll help Ash battle edgy mc edgyson.

Unfortunately, it would drag out the film if we had to include the Charizard disobedience subplot. Especially since we have to include Pikachu's initial disobedience as well. Let's just assume it happened off-screen and Ash has finally made stable team when he decides to go for Ho-Oh. It's like the 3rd and 2nd movie. Charizard was loyal to Ash back then, no need to explain his disobedience arc.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Unfortunately, it would drag out the film if we had to include the Charizard disobedience subplot. Especially since we have to include Pikachu's initial disobedience as well. Let's just assume it happened off-screen and Ash has finally made stable team when he decides to go for Ho-Oh. It's like the 3rd and 2nd movie. Charizard was loyal to Ash back then, no need to explain his disobedience arc.

the omission of the arc is one of this movie's consessions I can live with since it would probably inteerupt the pace to much

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
i think i need Dephender to translate those info about them since i dont have confidence about my english xD

Yeah, I can do that:

Satoshi: A boy aiming to become a Pokémon Master. He continues his journey in pursuit of further knowledge, searching for new encounters with all kinds of Pokémon.
Pikachu: Satoshi's partner. It's known as the "Electric Mouse" and specializes in Electric type moves, including electric shocks.
Houou: A legendary Pokémon said to live at the foot of the rainbow. It's said to appear before just Trainers.
Makoto and Soji: Pokémon Trainers Satoshi and Pikachu met during their journey. They accompany Satoshi and Pikachu as they go to meet Houou.
Cross: He tries stealing the Feather Satoshi has, out of a desire to battle Houou. He has a Lugarugan and a Gaogaen.
Marshadow: A mysterious Pokémon that appears near Satoshi. Does it have some sort of connection with the Houou feather Satoshi has?!

SlimeStack

I'm still sticking to the idea that Ash's captures and stuff happen at the beginning before moving on to Makoto and Souji, so that Charizard is making me wonder when it takes place. To be obedient according to the original canon, it would have to be after the orange islands which works. Otherwise it would probably be before or just after the league. Or maybe none of that matters and it'll just take place in some vague time.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Well, Cross is making some sense now. So, the rainbow feather is basically a target on Ash's back, with Cross, marshadow and, most probably, team rocket wanting it to find Ho-Oh.

For some reason, marshadow is like an extra member in Ash's party, but I doubt it'll actually help him in official battles. I can see it actually steping in to help Ash to avoid Cross at first.

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
So I was right in Cross wanting to battle Ho oh and I knew he was going to be a threat rather a rival. I think it was already explained why Marshadow is there. This just got me more interested in what's to come!! I hope it's heavily implied that Ho oh met other trainers before and outside of Ash. :) Thanks for the translation Dephender!

AshSerena

Here's the plot summary from below the image, its not really new (i think?) but it said something like "The chest of Satoshi looking at the rainbow after the rain suddenly begins to shine brightly"
anyway i leave the translation to our Dephender again since my english is Bad xD, (Im sorry Dephender for giving you lots of work :x )
[IMGSIZE=500]http://i.imgur.com/ZjjGSjz.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
[IMGSIZE=500]http://i.imgur.com/R0S8RE7.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Here we go:

Booklet summary said:
Satoshi and Pikachu are currently the best of partners.
But the truth is, their initial meeting went as badly as it could possibly have!

That meeting took place on Satoshi's 10th birthday. In order to set off on his journey as a Pokémon Trainer, he had come to the Okido Laboratories. He was meant to receive either a Hitokage, a Zenigame or a Fushigidane, Pokémon intended for beginners, but... he overslept, and all that was left for him was a Pikachu that Professor Okido described as "there being a slight problem with".

In addition to not wanting to enter a monster ball, the Pikachu wouldn't listen to what Satoshi said. The two eventually bonded during a battle against Onisuzume, at which point the legendary Pokémon Houou appeared in the sky, making its seven-colored wings shine.
"Let's go meet it together one day!"... On the day he set off on his journey, Satoshi made this promise to Pikachu.

The two of them then continued their adventure, encountering friends and Pokémon, all while growing and maturing together.
And then one day, as Satoshi gazed up at a rainbow after a rainstorm, his chest suddenly started shining brightly.
The Houou feather he had picked up on the day he started his journey had started giving off a strong light.
"Is this Houou showing me the way?"

Placing their full trust in the Feather's glow, Satoshi and Pikachu head for the mountain rising up at the foot of the rainbow. But Cross, a Trainer with his sight set on the Houou feather, blocks their way. And inside Satoshi's shadow, a mysterious Pokémon...

Will Satoshi and Pikachu manage to meet Houou and thus fulfill the promise made on they day they started their journey?

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Thanks for the translation, Dephender! And thanks for sharing the booklet, AshSerena! :)

Well, this is starting to look a little more exciting than before. It seems the Rainbow Wing puts as big a target on movie Ash's back as Pikachu does on anime Ash's back. :p

Nice summary! So this Rainbow Wing is hella important, and Cross has been confirmed to want to battle Ash for it. This begs the question of why Cross wants to battle Ho-oh - is it to prove a point? To become stronger? Or is there another motive behind it?

Also, funny how Soji and Makoto are sidelined in the summary as "encountering friends" and literally no other mention. Either that means they'll be sidelined in the movie or they're trying to hide as much about them as possible.

Cat's Eye Draco

So Ash and Pikachu initially continue on their journey (presumably on a badge quest) and go after Ho-oh later on? I guess the gym leaders should at least get cameos, then. Maybe in a montage of gym battle, capture, and evolution clips detailing their progress before the Ho-oh plot starts up.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Also, funny how Soji and Makoto are sidelined in the summary as "encountering friends" and literally no other mention. Either that means they'll be sidelined in the movie or they're trying to hide as much about them as possible.

Their profiles imply he doesn't meet them until after he's started searching for Houou, and the summary cuts off before it gets too far into that part of the plot.

Spyro39

So Ash and Pikachu initially continue on their journey (presumably on a badge quest) and go after Ho-oh later on? I guess the gym leaders should at least get cameos, then. Maybe in a montage of gym battle, capture, and evolution clips detailing their progress before the Ho-oh plot starts up.

So wait. If this movie really is focusing more about going after Ho-oh, are all of the gym battles going to be limited to just montages? I know you can't fit 8 gym battles into one movie, but judging by all of the summaries we've been given, it seems like this is the route they're going.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
So wait. If this movie really is focusing more about going after Ho-oh, are all of the gym battles going to be limited to just montages? I know you can't fit 8 gym battles into one movie, but judging by all of the summaries we've been given, it seems like this is the route they're going.

Seems that way or maybe they'll be faster paced like the duels in the recent Yugioh movie were.

Status
Not open for further replies.