• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Dec 11: Movie 21 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
That would endanger the girly stereotype this anime has set for companions.

And not to mention tarnish Piplup's image.

Piplup doesn't need Makato's help to be a useless piece of screentime.

Janovy

Banned
I literally cannot envision Makoto as anyone even remotely evil. Her design is so goody-goody, I am literally having trouble picturing it lol.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
That would endanger the girly stereotype this anime has set for companions.

And not to mention tarnish Piplup's image.

Piplup doesn't need a movie to damage its reputation. It can do that on its own.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I literally cannot envision Makoto as anyone even remotely evil. Her design is so goody-goody, I am literally having trouble picturing it lol.

Same but that would be interesting to see either way lol

MadaMada

Honestly, I can't see them replacing Misty and Brock. What are the possibility this movie is set somewhere between Ash's journey in Kanto where Misty and Brock could have separated from Ash. Not that I remember such a period exist, or it could be set just before Hoenn. I do remember Ash did see Ho-Oh again before going to Hoenn.

The movie could have a short retelling of Ash getting Pikachu and encountering Team Rocket, and then a series of montage showing his stories in Kanto then fast forwarding to him looking for Ho-Oh when he met his new companions along the way.

Red and Blue

Honestly, I can't see them replacing Misty and Brock. What are the possibility this movie is set somewhere between Ash's journey in Kanto where Misty and Brock could have separated from Ash. Not that I remember such a period exist, or it could be set just before Hoenn. I do remember Ash did see Ho-Oh again before going to Hoenn.

The movie could have a short retelling of Ash getting Pikachu and encountering Team Rocket, and then a series of montage showing his stories in Kanto then fast forwarding to him looking for Ho-Oh when he met his new companions along the way.

Even if what you said is true and this film does take place before Hoenn, that still doesn't change the fact that Misty and Brock were removed from the film in place of the two new kids

MadaMada

Even if what you said is true and this film does take place before Hoenn, that still doesn't change the fact that Misty and Brock were removed from the film in place of the two new kids

This is probably not going to happen, but if it is indeed set right before Hoenn after Misty and Brock left. Ash could have met up this new companions just for this short Ho-Oh adventure.

DotKU

Champion
It's honestly so cool to see Ash's OG design updated in modern artwork. Looking forward to the movie, but for some reason I've got this feeling that there is some connection to the next games that will come out.

Johtohfiller

This is probably not going to happen, but if it is indeed set right before Hoenn after Misty and Brock left. Ash could have met up this new companions just for this short Ho-Oh adventure.

Yeah it seems unlikely but it's not impossible. Though there's the issue of his Johto Pokemon and whether he catches different Kanto Pokemon than in the tv series.

dp045

If the events of the movie have a continuation in another movie or in OVA's format, the most obvious would be to show Ash's participation in the Kanto League, then continue his journey to Jhoto (if the plot of Ho -Oh is not solved in the movie) and if they want to stretch the script the following would be to continue in Sinnoh to promote the "DP remake" (if any). Anyway, I wish the adventures of this Ash conclude with a visit to Unova or Kalos because I consider that they are the regions less explored and the most wasted. In my opinion.
But well, that only if the film has continuation, anyway if it closes hermetically should not have any sequel, because usually this in the fiction ends up hurting more than benefiting the work.

PS: Seriously Is it still not confirmed if Delia appears in the movie?

Mike999246

Guys I'd like to point out the link between Pikachu (in a cap)'s exclusive Z Move and Ho-oh.

When using 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt, Pikachu releases 7 different Thunderbolts each a different colour of the rainbow (Red, Pink, Purple, Blue, Green, some weird Green Blue mix I think and Yellow), now I don't want to sound like every conspiracy theorist ever but look at Ho-oh's Pokedex description

"Ho-Oh's feathers glow in seven colors depending on the angle at which they are struck by light. These feathers are said to bring happiness to the bearers. This Pokémon is said to live at the foot of a rainbow.", if you watch Pikachus Z move each thunderbolt hits the opponent from different angles, with different coloured light, so what if Ho-oh/the feather gives Ash and Pikachu the ability to use their Z Move or even creates the Z Move? Just pointing all this out

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Guys I'd like to point out the link between Pikachu (in a cap)'s exclusive Z Move and Ho-oh.

When using 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt, Pikachu releases 7 different Thunderbolts each a different colour of the rainbow (Red, Pink, Purple, Blue, Green, some weird Green Blue mix I think and Yellow), now I don't want to sound like every conspiracy theorist ever but look at Ho-oh's Pokedex description

"Ho-Oh's feathers glow in seven colors depending on the angle at which they are struck by light. These feathers are said to bring happiness to the bearers. This Pokémon is said to live at the foot of a rainbow.", if you watch Pikachus Z move each thunderbolt hits the opponent from different angles, with different coloured light, so what if Ho-oh/the feather gives Ash and Pikachu the ability to use their Z Move or even creates the Z Move? Just pointing all this out

Sounds vey plausible to me

nuzamaki90

The more I read the more I try to fight for more information. The plot of the movie so far is all over the place. And that manga adaptation just screwed with my head.

In a perfect world, this would be set during a Blank Period between Ash's time after he arrived from Kalos and before he went to Alola. At least then the whole Charizard fighting with him would feel more plausible. I'm filled with so much excitement. I am craving this movie so much.

04n70n10

Yeah, totally agree, I posted this theory some pages ago

rainbow-colored Z-move from the games here?

[IMG300]http://68.media.tumblr.com/3704302dc886d8e2893d7a14fbc4640e/tumblr_inline_omavqj28Vo1r07ny5_500.png[/IMG300]
[IMG300]http://68.media.tumblr.com/658ed65c0c8da1e64805b551b658ed74/tumblr_inline_omavqpTTTU1r07ny5_500.png[/IMG300]

1) Cap-Pikachu uses a"Rainbow (take note of the sparkles in this Z-move: seven colors)" Z move (10 million volt )

2) Ho-oh: the Rainbow Pokémon

It possesses seven-colored wings. It is said that those who see Ho-Oh are promised an eternal happiness.

Legends claim this Pokémon flies the world's skies continuously on its magnificent seven-colored wings.

A legend says that its body glows in seven colors. A rainbow is said to form behind it when it flies.

It possesses seven-colored wings. It is said that those who see Ho-Oh are promised an eternal happiness.

Its feathers are in seven colors. It is said that anyone seeing it is promised eternal happiness.

A legend says that its body glows in seven colors. A rainbow is said to form behind it when it flies.

It will reveal itself before a pure-hearted Trainer by shining its bright, rainbow-colored wings.

Ho-Oh's feathers glow in seven colors depending on the angle at which they are struck by light. These feathers are said to bring happiness to the bearers. This Pokémon is said to live at the foot of a rainbow.

3) Ash gets in the trailer a Rainbow Wing

It seems that even the Z-move of marshadow have something to do with "7". There is a link between Ho-oh and the z-moves of Pikachu and maybe Marshadow.

I'm still confused aboout the timeline of this movie

The more I read the more I try to fight for more information. The plot of the movie so far is all over the place. And that manga adaptation just screwed with my head.

In a perfect world, this would be set during a Blank Period between Ash's time after he arrived from Kalos and before he went to Alola. At least then the whole Charizard fighting with him would feel more plausible. I'm filled with so much excitement. I am craving this movie so much.

Maybe in that blank period he reused his old kanto's outfit and some old pokemons for this Ho-oh quest? but still very-very-very strange and not so plausible..... I'm very confused

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
All over the place? What do you mean?

Ash starts his journey -> events from ep1 happen -> Ash finds the Rainbow Feather -> Ash travels through Kanto -> At some point the Rainbow Wing begins to shine brightly leading Ash towards Mount Tensei -> Ash encounters Makoto and Soji, and presumably Bonji along the way. -> Ash also meets Cross who also wants the Rainbow Wing.

The plot seems pretty straightforward. There are mysteries, of course, like Makoto's true purpose or what Marshadow is all about, but other than that, the plot seems pretty coherent.

nuzamaki90

All over the place? What do you mean?

Didn't really mean the plot, but the information we are getting just makes my head spin. It's most likely because it is me hoping this isn't some AU retelling, because Ash and Pikachu actually did promise to meet Ho-Oh again in the first episode. This movie would be a perfect way to resolve that promise, in the main anime's continuity.

Didn't really mean the plot, but the information we are getting just makes my head spin. It's most likely because it is me hoping this isn't some AU retelling, because Ash and Pikachu actually did promise to meet Ho-Oh again in the first episode. This movie would be a perfect way to resolve that promise, in the main anime's continuity.

It's already practically been confirmed to be an AU.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

This idea was brought up before, but if there is a connection between Cap Pikachu and Ho-oh, then this sounds like a very plausible explanation. It's possible the Rainbow Wing Ho-oh gives Ash acts as (or transforms into) the Pikashunium Z-Crystal, enabling Ash and Pikachu to use 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt. That will be more reference this movie will have to Alola (the other references so far being Cross's Incineroar and Midnight Lycanroc).

I just had a thought: If the Rainbow Wing indeed acts as (or transforms into) a Z-Crystal, perhaps that is why Cross is after Ho-oh. Assuming he is from Alola, perhaps he is aware that Ho-oh's Rainbow Wing has the ability to unlock a special Z-move for the Pokémon whose Trainer has been gifted with the Rainbow Wing. Since Cross desires strength and power, that would, naturally, appeal to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.