• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Dec 11: Movie 21 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

dman_dustin

maybe this is where they'll distribute pikachu with ash's hat

That would make sense....but then doesn't make sense, unless they magically gave Ash a Z-ring, otherwise there'd be no reason to show Ash's hat Pikachu in consideration to its Z-move.

It only makes sense because of Pikachu with OS hat but still it not being complimented with its Z-move as I've said would not make sense.

Is this really necessary?

Like, we know how Ash's journey began. We have seen Red start a similar journey from the beginning twice. There is nothing new here. Alola offers many legendaries and UBs to tell a fresh story with. But it's nostalgic pandering so I'm probably alone here...
Given that the 1st generation is constantly favored over other generations in terms of games, not that difficult to imagine something similar to the anime in terms of movie and 20th anniversary wise.

Last edited:

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
A world you've yet to see.
Friends you've yet to see.
A new journey...
Begins.

ARE YOU READY...

FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL...

ADVENTURE?

I literally have no idea what this means for the movie, but these seven lines of text sound pretty bad*ss. Friends you've yet to see... are we still dealing with Ash, or...?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I hope this isn't just another big round of generation 1 fanservicing. I love the Gen 7 anime so and wished we got an actual movie set in that time :(

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
That turned around 180 really fast.

I'm guessing this is now about movie-exclusives characters like that one "movie" with Raikou in it. I actually much prefer this than the traditional movies.

Mia Blaze

I'mma gonna Deku in the face, Kacchan
I get why there was nothing from Corocoro. Pokemon really hid the fact they were doing a 20th anniversary special for the anime in the form of a movie. (Last time we had an american attempt that no one really remembers nowadays anyway)

This looks stunning, the animation of the landscape scenes to the animation of the opening door are outstanding. I am super hyped for this movie, more than any of the others from before. This is a once off guys so expect Sun and Moon movies from here on out (probably Marshadow next year or something)

Also, Ho-Oh finally gets the movie it deserves! I literally can't wait for more information. Are Gary, Misty or Brock gonna show up since it is the Original Series? Why is Ash's hat different? Seriously, it looks like a fusion of his original one and the current Sun and Moon version. For those who hate the SM style, the sharp, pointed edges are back like before.

Overall can't wait to find out anything else about this.

Janovy

Banned

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
I hope this isn't just another big round of generation 1 fanservicing. I love the Gen 7 anime so and wished we got an actual movie set in that time :(

Maybe there aren't enough "movie" Pokemon in S/M? We already wasted Magearna and the only other Pokemon I could think of for a S/M movie is Marshadow.

If it's gen 1 fanservice, I'll still watch, but it really won't be enjoyable.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
It's just going to be an hour and a half retelling of possibly just the indigo league and that's it. I could see it ending right when kanto league is done.

johno1995

I'd really like to see parts from all gens, or at least OS + AG... Here's hope we get a glimpse of previous companions as a true celebration of the past 20 years. I wonder how the formatting and pacing of a movie like this will be. So many questions but I really love what we've seen thus far--that poster is incredible.

Mia Blaze

I'mma gonna Deku in the face, Kacchan
It's just going to be an hour and a half retelling of possibly just the indigo league and that's it. I could see it ending right when kanto league is done.

Ho-Oh is involved with this one thanks to the poster. I have a feeling that the Pokemon Company wouldn't give us a retelling of the league. Why do that when the almighty Phoenix Bird is one of the main legendries?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I'd really like to see parts from all gens, or at least OS + AG... Here's hope we get a glimpse of previous companions as a true celebration of the past 20 years. I wonder how the formatting and pacing of a movie like this will be. So many questions but I really love what we've seen thus far--that poster is incredible.

I honestly think it will only be OS, probably only the indigo league since that is by far the most nostalgic for people.

phanpycross

God-king
Im good with with OS fanservice, craming 6 gens into 1 movie woud be a mess.

Just seeing the early episodes possibly redone in movie-artstyle, OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH LORDYYYYYYY.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
So what animation style will they be using? The OS-DP style (in terms of Ash's eyes mainly), the BW-XY style, or the SM style?

I never really watched the anime that much until near the end of XYZ, and I am so hyped for this! I think maybe it will have returning characters, or maybe even Ash's backstory. Considering the image that has been posted on Serebii's Twitter, which features Ho-Oh of all things, I'm thinking of the first episode. That's how Ash's adventure started. What if it's trying to tell us that the movie will show how his goal idea started?

Honestly, I'm stoked for an Ash backstory movie. Finding out his father, finding out his motives, so on and so on...

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings

I guess this is for all those people that said "I'm gonna go burn your headquarter because you didn't let Ash win!"

I'm genuinely confused now on what the writers are trying to pull off. I really hope this isn't a result of all the demand for bringing back old formula, because that screams out disaster.

Also gave me nostalgia chills when I heard "Mezase Pokemon Master!"

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Okay, this is definitely an alternate timeline where events played out differently.

A world you've yet to see.
Friends you've yet to see.
A new journey...

Begins.

ARE YOU READY...

FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL...

ADVENTURE?

Coupled with the fact that Ash has a....

[IMG139]http://68.media.tumblr.com/aa81094953d850814867ef04eaaa2abd/tumblr_oi76kfK6tH1r2iinvo1_500.png[/IMG139]

...different hat (when even the SM Ash-Pikachu has original Ash's hat) makes me think this is something entirely different.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
So it's a combination of his OS and SM hat? Ooh nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.