• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Dec 11: Movie 21 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I have my doubt. On one hand, I'm happy we're getting some fanservice; on the other, I'm a bit concerned. My biggest gripe with Origins was cramming an eight hour game into 2 hours. I'm a bit worried about cramming 80 episodes into about an hour and a half. Then again, I might be surprised.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
So this movie is kinda non-canon to main timeline, like Dragon Ball Z Fusion Reborn is with DBZ? Will we see Brock, Misty, Gary etc?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I dont know how to feel about this.
It should rather be a special than a movie in my opinion

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I have my doubt. On one hand, I'm happy we're getting some fanservice; on the other, I'm a bit concerned. My biggest gripe with Origins was cramming an eight hour game into 2 hours. I'm a bit worried about cramming 80 episodes into about an hour and a half. Then again, I might be surprised.

Depends on how much filler they cut out (although this can lead to disaster by Pokemon have DEM moves because the relevant episode was cut)

Quick thing tho. Please don't say this is gonna be intense OS references with no other Generations getting light/OS being featured much more than others. I have soft spots for the Hoenn and Kalos regions, and I personally find them more exciting than OS, but if they're doing the "kids who have been here since the beginning will get this" thing like they sometimes do then I might not be as hyped.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Also, was that "Creature from Another World" thing a red herring?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
So what animation style will they be using? The OS-DP style (in terms of Ash's eyes mainly), the BW-XY style, or the SM style?

It doesn't look like SM's fortunately, Ash's hair spikes aren't rounded. (But I'll be horrified to see the revelation of Ash's SM eyes beneath his hat brim.)

Sooo probably the shonen XYZ style?

It doesn't look like SM's fortunately, Ash's hair spikes aren't rounded. (But I'll be horrified to see the revelation of Ash's SM eyes beneath his hat brim.)

Sooo probably the shonen XYZ style?

To me it, looked like XYZ.

Yep, this movie is gonna be great if it's executed right.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Also, was that "Creature from Another World" thing a red herring?

Yeah, I am asking that question myself. What happens with that "visitor from other world" thing? Maybe they will add UB or something? I wouldn't want it to be just OS, IMO.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
This actually looks interesting...It's rare that this series reflect on its history in a meaningful way. Just based on this preview, I could see it being a complete, theatrical retelling of the first episode. More background with Ash, his family and his childhood, leading up to and including the day he set off.

Last edited:

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
The 20th anniversary of the anime should never forget on where it all began. And I said it before, I believe that the first episode of Pokémon - "Pokemon! I Choose You!" is one of the best if not the best story of Pokémon in terms of understanding what Pokémon is all about. And thus it is fitting to adapt it into a movie.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Let's think about Path to Power for a minute.

-Commemorated the tenth anniversary of Dragonball
-Goku and the others got slight redesigns
-Combined the Pilaf arc and the Red Ribbon arc into one narrative lasting 80 minutes.
-Contained story events that directly counter things that occurred in the main canon, thereby rendering the film into alternate continuity

You can replace all the Dragonball words in there with Pokemon equivalents, and it would sound like what may be going on with this film. It can be done.

MayTrainer

Demon Buster Trainee
For the first time, I have hype for the next Pokémon movie!!
And they used "Mezase Pokémon Masuta" (the first Japanese opening of the anime)!!! And that old style font *___*
*hype hype hype*

Janovy

Banned
Watch this movie being Pikachu traveling back in time with Dialga and found out about Azh'z backztory and why he was the chozen one to get a Z-ring xD
Watch it be a reboot of the series and a direct prequel to SM thus cementing the XY as the last series set in the old timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.