• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Dec 11: Movie 21 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I do like the little details they have for Ash's remake design. The original symbol is now on his back and the subtler blue color scheme ironically makes him more mature-looking than his original design. I do wonder if Ho-Oh is heading to Mt. Silver.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I liked the ball that Ash has for Pikachu with the little bolt of lightening on it (it's a nice touch IMO).

I also liked the fact Ash gets the rainbow feather.

Other than that...it really didn't appeal to me (animation is glorious though, won't deny).

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
The movie website has updated with the first info on the movie story:

Do you know
how these two met?

Satoshi and Pikachu are currently the best of partners.
But the truth is, their initial meeting went as badly as it could possibly have!

A Pikachu that won't listen to Satoshi,
and an unskilled Satoshi that wants to befriend Pikachu:
Can these two become true partners?

On the day they set off from Masara Town,
the two swore an oath as they looked up at Houou flying across the sky:
"Let's go meet it together one day!"

And now this duo's adventure begins, guided by the shining rainbow-colored wings!

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
So...Ash's journey changed from Pokemon Master to finding Ho-oh?

Pokemon Master is the ultimate red herring lol.

Can't say I'm particulary happy with the information - I already know how they met (seems like this will be more for new fans that came in after Misty left or later). Hopefully the movie expands on more than just the first episode.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well I saw the new trailer and I liked it. I thought Ash's head looked slightly too big for his body in the new animation style, but it's a small nitpick hee hee. Seeing Ho-Oh drop a feather was my favourite part and I hope that's an important plot point in this film and not just a teaser scene that'll be left out of the final version. ^^;

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

Okay, I confess, now I'm a little confused. This new information makes it sound like this movie is a retelling of the beginning of Ash and Pikachu's journey, the start of which is marked by the Rainbow Wing Ho-oh dropped. But it's kind of hard to tell, especially with that little bit about Ash and Pikachu swearing an oath to meet Ho-oh again one day. That almost makes it sound like the search for Ho-oh is going to be the plot, or one of the plots, of this movie.

Can't say I'm particulary happy with the information - I already know how they met (seems like this will be more for new fans that came in after Misty left or later). Hopefully the movie expands on more than just the first episode.

I always had a feeling this movie was in part for newer or younger fans, who never got to see how Ash and Pikachu's relationship started. But I still have hope that this movie will have something for older fans, as well (aside from some gorgeous art and animation, of course).

e9310103838

Come on, you give me this that play the same old tune rehash as 20th anniversary movie?

Why do not you learn how Conan does? They also do the rehash, but this is used as TV special anime and they still added a wonderful movie. They have even done "different" two movies in a year (one as a special movie).

In this trailer I still do not see any real new stuff, even Misty plot may have been deleted. Why do not you do Sun & Monn?

I'm really a bit disappointed about the quality of the movie series that has been falling since BW.

Look at the 15th anniversary movie that got poor evaluation by people. Why do not you do this like DP 10th anniversary movie?

I hope we can see some stunning stuff in this movie, oh.

(Why my comment can not to be displayed in Youtube...? Bad.)

Nope, still not liking the movie, and that it only exists for pandering of the anniversary, what I mean is, there should've been two movies. A sun and moon movie and this anniversary movie, whichever one is the least profitable just air that one on TV, while the other ONE in the movie theater.

Yea,I have the same feeling.

dp045

Well I saw the new trailer and I liked it. I thought Ash's head looked slightly too big for his body in the new animation style, but it's a small nitpick hee hee. Seeing Ho-Oh drop a feather was my favourite part and I hope that's an important plot point in this film and not just a teaser scene that'll be left out of the final version. ^^;

Well the truth has already happened before that the scenes of the trailer do not end up happening in the movie, for example the one I remember most is the teaser of the movie 13 where you could see Ash meet a version of herself with a " Bad air ". It generated many theories about it only so that in the end such a scene did not happen as in the trailer and that Zorua was the "evil Ash" that was only used for a joke.

nuzamaki90

These first teaser trailers have taught me one thing in the past couple of years and its to not take everything at face value. There's a deeper meaning to all this and things were left out or put in intentionally.

And thus, I'm super hype. They showed almost every significant scene from the first episode in this trailer, and with the whole "meet Ho-Oh again" theme being brought up again, I'm almost certain there is another part of this story that TPC just don't want us to know about yet. They neglected to show Ash with Misty's bike, or Ash in his pajamas standing in front of Oak's Lab so we couldn't see Gary, and any mention of Delia or Brock. This was deliberate because it now is having us all ask "What else does this movie have to offer"?

I am so hype for this it's driving me crazy. I want to know more!

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I don't know why, but I get the feeling that Ash is being portrayed as slightly more mature compared to the first episode.

All the dialogue in the trailer apart from that final "let's go meet it together" line is straight from the original episode 1.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I don't think the find Ho oh is replacing Ash's dream of becoming Pokémon Master but rather, it was something Ash and Pikachu wanted to do in the first episode but Ash didn't know who Ho oh was and we all know he'll want to meet it. Now I kind of feel like they're skip a lot through how many Pokémon Ash caught (aside from Caterpie and a few others since they're iconic) and the Gym Battles or during his journey of getting the badges, he pick up signs of sensing Ho oh.

AndStillISpin

Yup that summary has me doubling down on my prediction: that this movie is setting up a new universe that will get a sequel either in the form of more movies or a TV series.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Yup that summary has me doubling down on my prediction: that this movie is setting up a new universe that will get a sequel either in the form of more movies or a TV series.
I think this is just for the 20th anniversary. We gotta have some sweet Ultra Beasts movies!!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Man, I really hope Gary freaking Oak and the TRio are in this at the very least if Brock/Misty don't make it.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
That's why I personally think it'll lead to a separate TV series.

I don't think it would lead to it's own series because SM is already doing. Maybe sequels to the movies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Kind of really weird the animation is back to being slightly better XY version pasted on the first adventure... I don't see much of a difference, besides the hinted plot.

I thought they stopped doing XY animation during the TV series because it was too expensive. Anyway, I have bits of hope for this movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.