• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Dec 11: Movie 21 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin

MALDREAD
No Serena please. I hope the Episode 1 and 2 stuff is all wrapped up in the first 10 minutes, and the Ho-Oh meeting concludes around the 15 minute mark. Then the rest of the movie can be spent recapping Ash's adventures in various regions in montages, but include new material of constantly meeting up and chasing Ho-Oh in each region. End it with Ash actually describing the film/his adventures to his Alola classmates sitting around a campfire when suddenly Ash catches Ho-Oh in the night sky flying off. OR something even more bold with a time skip and an older Ash coming face to face with Ho-Oh and ready to battle and capture it with Pikachu.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Ho oh is the new Dunsparce confirmed.

Show us the legendary dogs again!!! I don't think Ash's younger years will be shown aside from in flashbacks and pictures. I hope the rumor of Ash showing Pikachu his home for the first time comes true.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Calling it now, Ho-oH is Ash's father.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Calling it now, Ho-oH is Ash's father.
His father transformed into Ho oh, got trapped in its body, and repressed his memories as a human. Great way of putting Mystery Dungeon in here and movie 3. He has no clue why he became intrigued by the little boy with the familiar looking hat and shining eyed Pikachu.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Though least we forget, chances are a lot the stuff from the trailer won't be in the final product...

Though I kind of hope not. I REALLY don't want this to be the first few episodes with new animation and some changes. I doubt I'm alone.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Whatever the case, I'm just glad this isn't a rehash of the first episodes.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Everything in the trailer was made specifically for the trailer and is not footage from the movie.

Good to know that.... at least we won't have to see the same thing that we have already seen. I think the movie will start from the scene ash found that feather.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Everything in the trailer was made specifically for the trailer and is not footage from the movie.

Wait, seriously? Great. So now we're back to not really knowing if this movie is a retelling/reimagining of the first few episodes or not.

I thought I read something a page or two back about it being an original story. And if it really is just for the trailer and not the actual movie, they're evil, evil executives.

Kein

AKA Silktree
Though least we forget, chances are a lot the stuff from the trailer won't be in the final product...

Though I kind of hope not. I REALLY don't want this to be the first few episodes with new animation and some changes. I doubt I'm alone.
That's a weird of putting it when the trailer does make the movie seem like a retelling of the first episode with some changes.

Granted, the ending implies that an original story will happen later, but the trailer isn't about that.

Janovy

Banned
The scene may end up looking different but I feel like the rainbow feather element will remain given how it's also present on the poster.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Wait, seriously? Great. So now we're back to not really knowing if this movie is a retelling/reimagining of the first few episodes or not. :(
Try not to let it drive you too crazy. At least we have a nice looking trailer. :D :mad:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
And if TR is in the movie which they are and they're in there OS uniforms, then it likely means they're covering episode 2 as well.

From the start I had assumed that if this film was an actual retelling of Ash's OS journey, that we'd see several events from different OS episodes shown cuz basing the film on just the first couple of episodes wouldn't be that interesting from my perspective. This film needs a plot that's much more solid. ^^

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Wait nothing from that trailer is actually going to be in the movie? What in the actual? I know some scenes from trailers don't make it to the final product, but I have never heard of a trailer not showcasing anything from the movie. Why bother creating footage for trailers when you know for sure you won't use it? Seems like a dumb business move to me. We effectively have little to no information on this movie.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Wait nothing from that trailer is actually going to be in the movie? What in the actual? I know some scenes from trailers don't make it to the final product, but I have never heard of a trailer not showcasing anything from the movie. Why bother creating footage for trailers when you know for sure you won't use it? Seems like a dumb business move to me. We effectively have little to no information on this movie.

These scenes will not make it to movie, but still we have got a little hint as to which time movie relates.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
but I have never heard of a trailer not showcasing anything from the movie.

Every single initial tailer for every single Pokemon movie ever made? This isn't something new and different. The movie isn't done yet, so they're just creating some quick footage representing it to use in the trailer instead of being forced to 100% finish very specific parts of the movie extremely early just so they can make the trailer by a particular date.

Status
Not open for further replies.