• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Dec 11: Movie 21 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
The site has updated again with more celebrity art.

This update gives us art from manga creators Anakubo and Matsushima.
Ahhh my favorite is Matsushima's artwork. :) I just love seeing all the Pokémon like Mimikyu and its enemies stuck in a bubble together. It won't stay happy for long. And... Nasssssyyyyyy!!!!!! Anakubo's drawing is very nice but I don't understand the joke. Is Purin er... Pippi angry/jealous it's not the protagonist of the movie or is it confused who is?

Now onto the next celebrity artwork featured next time. We all know our lovely mods would want to participant in this drawing contest, representing Serebii and all. :D

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Assuming Ash gets one of Ho-oh's feathers like that trailer suggests, I think the feather will turn into the Pikashunium Z crystal. Ho-oh might not even have that big of a role in the movie aside from giving the feather to him.

That and they could give 10.000.000 thunderbolt a Ho-Oh like form to the strike. But, yeah, not expecting too much of Ho-Oh's role. Kinda thinking if they'll go retcom and give Ash a new team member, since it's an AU and all and won't have influence in the canon.

ShadowForce720

That and they could give 10.000.000 thunderbolt a Ho-Oh like form to the strike. But, yeah, not expecting too much of Ho-Oh's role. Kinda thinking if they'll go retcom and give Ash a new team member, since it's an AU and all and won't have influence in the canon.

Just saying but if that happens it would be an interesting parallel and possibly even foreshadowing if Ash catches a Diglett or Sandshrew here in the movie and then in the anime if they have Ash catch a Alolan Diglett or Alolan Sandshrew to sort of act as a parallel in that while in both the anime and movie Ash would have a Diglett or Sandshrew in the movie Ash would have caught it at a earlier point then he did in the current anime and in the movie it would be a pure Ground type while in the main anime it would be an Alolan Diglett or Alolan Sandshrew and it would be either a Ground/Steel or Ice/Steel type.

I know of course they could give Ash a Beedrill or Spearow or something else like that, that doesn't have an Alolan form, but I think it would be interesting if they had him catch a pokemon in the movie that had an Alolan form to sort of foreshadow Ash catching it's Alolan form.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
"Satoshi's Pikachu" and the "SatoPika-Z" can not be received in international editions of the games.
Wait a second... Ash Hat Pikachu can't be received in international versions of the game? Please tell me this just means players with international versions of the game can't receive Ash Hat Pikachu through this distribution, and that it does not mean there won't be an international distribution? :(

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Wait a second... Ash Hat Pikachu can't be received in international versions of the game? Please tell me this just means players with international versions of the game can't receive Ash Hat Pikachu through this distribution, and that it does not mean there won't be an international distribution? :(

They mean that these particular serial codes are region locked and only work on Japanese games/systems. It's pretty easy and reasonably cheap to import these tickets if you live outside Japan, but if you don't have a Japanese game, the code won't work.

Last edited:

satopi

Aww I don't have a 3DS (and I don't plan on buying one) and I wanted Satoshi's Pikachu to be a plush. If it came with as a plush instead of a video game exclusive thing, I would've bought a ticket later to get the BW, AG, or later OS Pikachu. :( I like their IDs, the pictures and poses they chose were really good! I am shocked that BW Pikachu has Volt Tackle instead of Electro Ball since he learned it in the same region. Maybe there's a chance Electro Ball could be replaced later in SM...

The "Satoshi's Pikachu" we're giving out can not evolve into Raichu.
Looks like even the magical touch of a Thunder Stone can't eliminate Pikachu from evolving into Raichu. I wonder if anyone else is gonna partake in the ticket event.

So glad they're going for a SatoPika Z Crystal!!! And I see 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt is Pikachu's specialty. ... I will still hope for Castropika!

Janovy

Banned

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I hope Ash-Pikachu (yeah I know) has better stats than regular Pikachu.

Oh - and to be released to PAL regions when the 20th movie comes to Europe!

I'm only slightly disappointed it's not in a Fast ball. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Pikachu's ball has a lightening bolt on it (and Fast Ball is the closest to it)

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
They mean that these particular serial codes are region locked and only work on Japanese games/systems. It's pretty easy and reasonably cheap to import these tickets if you live outside Japan, but if you don't have a Japanese game, the code won't work.

Oh, thank Arceus. For a brief second there, I was worried Ash Hat Pikachu itself wouldn't get distributed outside of Japan. Thank you for clarifying that. :)

Aww I don't have a 3DS (and I don't plan on buying one) and I wanted Satoshi's Pikachu to be a plush. If it came with as a plush instead of a video game exclusive thing, I would've bought a ticket later to get the BW, AG, or later OS Pikachu. :(

A Satoshi Pikachu plush would be cute and would have been a great idea. Well, we still have six months until the movie. TPC may announce more merchandise tie-ins between now and then.

satoharupika said:
The "Satoshi's Pikachu" we're giving out can not evolve into Raichu.
Looks like even the magical touch of a Thunder Stone can't eliminate Pikachu from evolving into Raichu.

Ash's Pikachu will always remain a Pikachu, no matter how badly players might want him to evolve into Raichu. Pikachu's willpower is stronger than the will of any video gamer! :p

satopi

A Satoshi Pikachu plush would be cute and would have been a great idea. Well, we still have six months until the movie. TPC may announce more merchandise tie-ins between now and then.
We should wait for more information for merchandise. :3

Ash's Pikachu will always remain a Pikachu, no matter how badly players might want him to evolve into Raichu. Pikachu's willpower is stronger than the will of any video gamer! :p
Piplup couldn't resist the power of evolution, that's why he needed an Everstone to carry. This is as funny as when a Thunderstone almost touched Pikachu in BW!!! :p:p:p

dp045

Wait: the levels of the Pikachu that they impart insinuate the level of "Power" that Pikachu had in each stage of their trip? Well, at least that would deny the fact that there was a reset at every start of the season.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Wait: the levels of the Pikachu that they impart insinuate the level of "Power" that Pikachu had in each stage of their trip? Well, at least that would deny the fact that there was a reset at every start of the season.

Levels correlate to anniversary years when each saga started.

Status
Not open for further replies.