• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Dec 11: Movie 21 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Great work Kusaka!! B) Pikachu seems a bit misplaced but I really like the artwork. I hope they show more seeing that I'm the only one who enjoy these.

You're not the only one enjoying these. You just may be the only one whose reaction can actually be vocalized. :p I really like Yamamoto's art. I like how he turned the drawing of Pikachu into...well, a drawing of Pikachu. :)

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Ugh.. Everytime I see that there's a news-update and it's just a bunch of drawings that are completely unrelated to the movie.. -.-

Janovy

Banned
TBH, I've kinda lost interest in the movie. I was initially hyped about all the possibilities but with the lack of any tangible news, I find myself caring less and less.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
TBH, I've kinda lost interest in the movie. I was initially hyped about all the possibilities but with the lack of any tangible news, I find myself caring less and less.

At this point I wouldn't really be surprised if it's just a retelling of past events. They would have to give us new information for the movie sooner or later though because it comes out in July

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
At this point I wouldn't really be surprised if it's just a retelling of past events. They would have to give us new information for the movie sooner or later though because it comes out in July

But didn't something say a while back that it was an original story featuring Ho-oH? Or did I misread something? It was a while ago, so I'm not really sure.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's almost April, three months away from July and we still know barely anything about this? Don't we usually know more by now?

Yeah, same here. I used to get excited when I saw updates on this thread. But now it's just.... eh. I'm more hyped for the Litten episode than I am this.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

Though I have to admit, the whole premise is random in itself. We're re-imagining a Gen 1 start that suddenly shifts into Gen 2 stuff that was lost in interest (Ash never met Ho-oh formally) to this day, and we're quite busy with Gen 7 stuff.

They're probably doing this because they actually have stuff to do with the Gen 7 legendaries but they need to stick to their yearly movie tradition - anniversary or not - unlike decking them with unimpressive roles in a forgettable movie plot.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
It's almost April, three months away from July and we still know barely anything about this? Don't we usually know more by now?

Well, if i remember correct, usually its in April that we start getting some info's about the main plot for the movie.

But considering the info we have for the movie, its a bit confusing what they are really planning.

I mean, its a retailing of Ash's journey, so not sure if there is anything worth to be known about the plot before its release. Also i think that they won't reveal the key points and changes from the actual anime story, before the movie is out.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Yeah, same here. I used to get excited when I saw updates on this thread. But now it's just.... eh. I'm more hyped for the Litten episode than I am this.

Yeah, it's not my decision, but I'd stop calling the drawing contest-fluff as "updates" for this thread. They don't tell us anything new about the movie, it's just fluff. Heck, I'd argue that it's clickbait in a very pure form.

Though I have to admit, the whole premise is random in itself. We're re-imagining a Gen 1 start that suddenly shifts into Gen 2 stuff that was lost in interest (Ash never met Ho-oh formally) to this day, and we're quite busy with Gen 7 stuff.

They're probably doing this because they actually have stuff to do with the Gen 7 legendaries but they need to stick to their yearly movie tradition - anniversary or not - unlike decking them with unimpressive roles in a forgettable movie plot.

Actually we're not. Ash is doing something, but it doesn't have anything to do with the Gen7 plot really. He has spiked the intereste of Tapu Koko, done a trial and a grand trial, but there are no further implications of a plot with Nebby or the Aether Foundation atm. Yes, Team Skull has been introduced, but nothing in terms of a plot has been set-up. So we're actually not quite busy with Gen7.. The animé is really drifting in a selfcontained pool at the moment.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
We can wait at least until the first day of April to get a sneak peek or details on the movie. My hype is reserved for the Little episode and I'm trying to not think too much about the movie since July isn't here yet. I do wonder if they'll reveal something on the anniversary special or after it. :D

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
http://i.imgur.com/atuX4i7.jpg

Unsure exactly how new this is, but...

This summer's Pokémon movie is the story of Satoshi and Pikachu's meeting!
Satoshi and Pikachu are currently a well known pair. This movie sheds light on the day they met!

Their meeting went as bad as it could have!!
Believe it or not, Pikachu really hated Satoshi! Will such a beginning turn out all right?!

What is the secret behind the birth of this ultimate team?!
Pikachu is in deep trouble, and Satoshi is doing his best to protect it! This was the start of their friendship!!

Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You premieres Saturday July 15th all throughout Japan!!

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!

Satoshi and Pikachu are currently a well known pair. This movie sheds light on the day they met!

Believe it or not, Pikachu really hated Satoshi! Will such a beginning turn out all right?!

Pikachu is in deep trouble, and Satoshi is doing his best to protect it! This was the start of their friendship!!

Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You premieres Saturday July 15th all throughout Japan!!

Nothing new yet.

PsychoBoost

Carbon Dioxide
Seems like an anniversary thing, it seems likely to be a rehash of a few short episodes though... I guess people could just watch those. Be interesting if later stuff like auras were brought into it.

satopi

Nice try article. You're just telling us the beginning of the movie, not the other parts. Ash and Pikachu's meeting will be shown in the beginning which is also the main selling point due to them (er well Pikachu actually) not liking each other. Quit being shady with the details, 3 months until the movie comes out and we still barely know much about it (not even the villain and issues!!) I will still believe there is more to this movie than just the first episode. :3

TheWanderingMist

Nice try article. You're just telling us the beginning of the movie, not the other parts. Ash and Pikachu's meeting will be shown in the beginning which is also the main selling point due to them (er well Pikachu actually) not liking each other. Quit being shady with the details, 3 months until the movie comes out and we still barely know much about it (not even the villain and issues!!) I will still believe there is more to this movie than just the first episode. :3

I'm trying to figure out how they could even extend the first episode to a movie if that turns out to be the case. Maybe...maybe we'll get a bunch of info Saturday because it would relate to the anniversary?

satopi

I'm trying to figure out how they could even extend the first episode to a movie if that turns out to be the case. Maybe...maybe we'll get a bunch of info Saturday because it would relate to the anniversary?
I will pray for scenes of Ash before he becomes a trainer. And yes, I am thinking the same thing. Like I said earlier, we should wait until the beginning of April to receive news. It's ridiculous enough that they're giving out the same information, it's clear they're hiding something as always.

TheWanderingMist

I will pray for scenes of Ash before he becomes a trainer. And yes, I am thinking the same thing. Like I said earlier, we should wait until the beginning of April to receive news. It's ridiculous enough that they're giving out the same information, it's clear they're hiding something as always.

Clearly what they're hiding is Ash's father...after 20 years, his identity will be confirmed...as Ho-oH. Or maybe they're hiding that the old companions are in this movie. Or, as you said, scenes of Ash from before he became a Trainer.

satopi

Clearly what they're hiding is Ash's father...after 20 years, his identity will be confirmed...as Ho-oH. Or maybe they're hiding that the old companions are in this movie. Or, as you said, scenes of Ash from before he became a Trainer.
Who needs his actual father when he has Prof Kukui! :D I guess his father transformed into Ho oh like Molly's father lol. I'm pretty sure we'll see his traveling companions. I kind of want this to be like an alternate universe where some things are changed like say, Gary decides to travel with him(so he's his first traveling companion) until they couldn't stand each other anymore and they decide that rivals shouldn't travel together and some things left unchanged like how Ash and Gary are childhood friends. I really do hope we get scenes of Ash before he became a trainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.