• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Dec 11: Movie 21 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Official site is up.

No further details, but the trailer is there, at least.

Given how beat up Ash and Pikachu look in that image with Ho-oh flying overhead, my feeling that this movie is a retelling or reimagining of OS (or at least part of OS) is getting stronger. At the very least, I expect a retelling or reimagining of the first episode of the anime.

If nothing else, a retelling or reimagining of OS is a chance for younger and/or newer viewers who never saw OS to see for themselves how Ash and Pikachu's journey began.

Would you want to see other pokemon movies based off Ash's other adventures ?(Jotho, Hoenn,Sinnoh,Unova, and Kalos)

or

Would you still want to see one movie focused on the Alola region?

Personally, it's not a matter of what I want, but a matter of what I expect. I don't expect another movie based off of Ash's adventures in another region. I think this is just something special they are doing because it's the anime's 20th anniversary.

Xuxuba

I had a feeling something like this would happen.

Overall, excited. Would've preferred a miniseries over a movie though.

Kein

AKA Silktree
The best thing for the Alola legendaries would be to have them star in a long arc in the anime, which could easily work since they're all related (except for Marshadow as far as we know). Zygarde got a much better deal than the other 5 Kalos legendaries, and I am not referring to its meager role in the last movie.

If they just wanted to celebrate the 20th anniversary, they could have made this movie a special or a miniseries. I honestly don't see how it makes sense to reboot the storyline without actually ending it, and one movie simply isn't enough for that. Also, by July 2018 Sun and Moon won't even be new, nor will the rumored third version.

WaterTypeWarrior

I am totally on board with this as a 20th anniversary movie. Assuming this is a retelling of the first season, I'm hyped to see any kind of additional plot points they add to make it more of a movie experience. It would be nice if they actually did something with Ash's connection to Ho-oh after leaving it unmentioned for so long now.

As for things I hope to see adapted in this movie: Brock and Misty (obviously), disobedient Pikachu, and Team Rocket are probably my biggest hopes. I'm particularly curious to see if TRio might be handled differently in this format. Plus, I'd be totally down for seeing Arbok and Weezing again.

Last edited:

colomb

I hope its a new story that takes place during the Kanto arc rather than the giant re-animated clip show some are expecting. It would be interesting to see his original 6 team again. Also just because the teaser (which is most likely not actual movie footage) shows Ash at home, it doesn't prove much of anything at all let alone a retelling.

Last edited:

Kein

AKA Silktree
I hope its a new story that takes place during the Kanto arc rather than the giant re-animated clip show some are expecting. It would be interesting to see his original 6 team again. Also just because the teaser (which is most likely not actual movie footage) shows Ash at home, it doesn't prove much of anything at all let alone a retelling.
A reboot can be a new story, but they aren't going to skip over the beginning when the very title is identical to that of the first episode (which most kids haven't watched).

I find a reboot, which is certainly not the same as a clip show, much more likely than an untold story randomly inserted after 20 years.

Last edited:

Harderstyle07

Battle Brain
If this movie could be an alternate route toward Ash journey can we finally see leaf make an appearance?! But I highly doubt the movie going that route, but one can dream.

SuperTyranitar

To be honest I'm glad that we're getting a movie based off Ash's beginning as a trainer for the 20th movie/anniversary of the anime instead of a movie for Alola because I'm really stomped on what they could do for the movies and yes we have the

-island guardians
-ultra beasts

but a movie about the island guardians would be hard to do mainly due to the fact that each of the islands (4 in total) have their own guardian, well unless they try to put all the guardians in one movie, but in the end that be way to similar to pokemon movie 2000 and the ultra beasts come from another world and just like a few have said just have the island guardians and ultra beasts be focused on in just the anime and not be put in some random movie. Which would signify another change from the main formula.

2 Questions:

Would you want to see other pokemon movies based off Ash's other adventures ?(Jotho, Hoenn,Sinnoh,Unova, and Kalos)

or

Would you still want to see one movie focused on the Alola region?

Also considering this is the 20th anniversary of one of the biggest anime series you would want to do something big to celebrate it and something like this is a whole lot better especially for the older fans and this will a good thing for newer fans since they'll be seeing the history behind Ash's journey as a beginning trainer.

I don't think there will be a movie about the guardians. Their stories will be told in the anime.

I think only marshadow and necrozma are getting movies.

Alola based movies. It's already bad enough one movie slot got stolen from a fame hungry shitregion with to much pandering than it deserves.

ohh....these kids nowadays...Don't know what's really good

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I'm hoping this is an AU and Ash becomes the champion. I can see the narrator trolling the audience at the end by saying "And none of this is canon"

Red and Blue

Maybe instead of the trio Ash will fight the actual organization. And maybe Giovanni

diakyu

This looks to me to clearly be about the alternate dimensions confirmed in Sun and Moon disguised as an anniversary celebration. .

ShadowForce720

This looks to me to clearly be about the alternate dimensions confirmed in Sun and Moon disguised as an anniversary celebration. .

Well if it is a alternate dimension then it's possible for Ash to capture some pokemon here and/or for some others to evolve here that he didn't get in the original series. For instance maybe Ash winds up successfully catching Weedle or maybe even Bulbasaur winds up evolving to give a few examples.

Last edited:

WaterTypeWarrior

I hope Team Rocket doesn't get alot of screentime in this if they (hopefully don't) appear at all.

I hope she has a big role in this film.

I can't imagine a 20th anniversary movie like this excluding Team Rocket. And, personally, if they're gonna appear, they might as well have an impact. I've never really cared for TR just getting shoved around on the sidelines for most of the movies. I much prefer when they actually have a role in the plot, like in the second and fourth movies. In fact, one of my favorite things about the Volcanion movie was the fact that TR actually contributed to a movie's plot for the first time in years. It just makes the movies feel a little bigger. Besides, I said it before, but it would be fun to see Arbok and Weezing again (even as Ekans and Koffing).

I agree with you on Misty, though. This is the most excited I've been for a Pokemon movie in years, largely due to the prospect of seeing Brock and Misty with Ash again.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Maybe instead of the trio Ash will fight the actual organization. And maybe Giovanni
I'd much rather see Ash battle Giovanni (or anyone else in the organization) instead of the Trio because at least that'll be interesting.

I must say, the animation in the image and trailer is absolutely beautiful, especially the landscapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.