• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Dec 11: Movie 21 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I really hope they show Ash's entire journey so far and NOT just OS fanpandering. Seriously, there's already enough and I really want to see all of Ash's friends, Pokémon, accomplishments, struggles, and so much more that we have now. I'm really looking forward to what's in store. Please put a lot of emphasis on Ash's and Pikachu's bond and for Arceus' sake, please put in Ash's entire journey and not just his beginnings. Go Ash and Pikachu~! :)

Kein

AKA Silktree
Seriously, there's already enough
There's been barely any OS fanservice for about 10 years outside of the Charizard flashback episode.

A movie about Ash's entire journey would just be a glorified clip show. There's a lot more potential for something new and worthwhile if they just reboot a single series, which should logically be the first one.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
At least they're trying something different from the stale formula, but that's subjective, since Gen VII panders Gen 1 stuff a lot, so this is the anime's way of doing things in its own way.

If it were up to me, a massive change would be the movie's head hero not being Ash but someone else. And no, I don't meant the main Legendary. I mean one of his companions.

All was going well for May in the Manaphy movie until Ash gingerly stuffed THEM both in a POD...and if I remember correctly, HIS Pikachu too.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Maybe this movie takes place in an alternate version of Kanto? A world where maybe the evolution of Pokemon took a slightly different path perhaps? A world where Satoshi starts off his journey with Pikachu again, things like mega evolution, alola forms, etc. are known of early on. He captures different Pokemon or variations of what he has? Like maybe he keeps Butterfree or gets a female Lizardon instead? Or Z-rings become the norm at the time? I would really like it if it was a reimagining rather than a retelling but a Dragon Ball Path to Power scenario where it's a retelling of older events with a different spin does seem to hold a bit of water.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm hoping this is an AU and Ash becomes the champion. I can see the narrator trolling the audience at the end by saying "And none of this is canon"

He better. And just not put Ritchie in it at all. He and Gary fight instead.
I hope the TRio are actually a serious threat when they show up too and have Pokemon they never had instead of being limited to Arbok and Weezing, and Lickitung and Victreebel. Nidoking and Nidoqueen would be awesome to see them with.

World Turtle

The SM games do have several returning characters. Maybe having Gary, Misty, and Brock return (and whoever else appears in the movie) will be the anime's version of that via the movie acting as an introduction to them for new audiences.

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Even if this movie only shows the first gen stuff, they better show all the other gens in the credits or something. Just an acknowledgment that this anime has a history is good enough for me.

diakyu

Well considering the Pikachu in the games data gen 1 might not be the only saga getting attention.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Well considering the Pikachu in the games data gen 1 might not be the only saga getting attention.

Unlikely, since Pikachu in a cap has the original hats from the first five original series and S&M. This movie features a completely new hat for Ash.

On the other hand, this glorified retcon recap(retcap?) will answer the question of "When the Mew wlll appear again?" and "When Johto pandering for a VC release will start?"

Ominous Wind

That was unexpected and it opens so many possibilities.

If it's an AU of the anime, then this Ash could be different. What if he even has different companions? Or perhaps he doesn't have companions at all.

Red and Blue

That was unexpected and it opens so many possibilities.

If it's an AU of the anime, then this Ash could be different. What if he even has different companions? Or perhaps he doesn't have companions at all.

I actually wouldn't mind if Ash was by himself. I always wanted to see what would happen if it was just him and his pokemom

DotKU

Champion
I don't think I've been this excited or intrigued by these films in a looooooooong time. Man, the 20th anniversary for this series has truly been phenomenal. Can't wait for more info on this, hopefully in CoroCoro soon (?).

Nodame

Misty <3
I hope the movie's plot does not differentiate from the OS series. I don't want them to ruin the history.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I hope the movie's plot does not differentiate from the OS series. I don't want them to ruin the history.

If it's an alternate timeline (which is canon to the Pokemon universe), then the actual history remains untouched.

Ominous Wind

I am fully ready to drop the Pokemon franchise as a whole if this movie does not contain at the very least, a 4K Ultra HD remaster of the Metapod vs Metapod battle.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I am fully ready to drop the Pokemon franchise as a whole if this movie does not contain at the very least, a 4K Ultra HD remaster of the Metapod vs Metapod battle.

What a glorious sight it would be!

BCVM22

I think they owe this to us, the real fans who have been around from the beginning, don't you?

WaterTypeWarrior

Amazing how the most intense and action-packed battle in this entire 20-year-old anime took place in only the fourth episode.

Seriously, just make the whole movie a silent standoff between Ash and Samurai with a bunch of hardcore music playing. It would be an instant masterpiece.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.