• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Dec 11: Movie 21 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kein

AKA Silktree
He means the TV anime will continue as normal, but the movies will become its own separate series of movies focusing on a rebooted Ash.
Yep. This upcoming movie isn't just a result of the 20th anniversary, but also of the continued decline of the movies' box office success (the Volcanion's gross is less than 50% of that of the Victini movie). If this movie turns things around, I don't see why they would just go back to the standard formula, at least anytime soon.

Plus, Mew's hidden Z-move implies that it may star in a Kanto-based movie, and I don't think it's this one.

Last edited:

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
This is what I'd like this movie to be:
-1 hour and 30 minutes long.
- to cover Kanto, OI and Johto.
- to not just to be recap/remaster of old version
-this movie not to be canon to SM, but to be canon of Johto(except first 30 minutes)
-first 30 minutes would cover Ash's Kanto and OI journey
-remaining 1 hour to be: Ash Misty and Brock in Johto meeting Mewtwo and Mew again and new threat is coming( or Giovanni's second attempt)So, remaining 1 hour could be a sequel of Mewtwo returns.But in that sequel; Mewtwo can turn into X and Mew can use Z move( since MS existed before when Ash was born, chronologically( kinda like Origins, when Red used MCX).Ho-Oh to appear here, along with Gary who would have bigger role.
This is just a theory, but I am pretty sure none of that will happen. xd

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
I'm gonna be perfectly honest here, I don't know how to feel about this. On the one hand, it's sweet to have a movie recapping the original series in such a beautiful manner.

On the other hand, everyone's gonna be left wondering when there'll be a movie centering around Sun & Moon. I've been theorizing for a while that the current series takes place BEFORE the actual stories from the games. That's likely not true, as it just seems like an adaptation, but this isn't the place to talk about that.

Moving right along, I think this will be good. Maybe a top five kind of movie. I don't know why, but I just feel... iffy about it...

Soniman

Break the Limit
Even if it's a nostalgia trip I'm just happy we're getting something different then the usual shallow 90 minute commercials disguised as movies

Just like how XY and SM were born from declining popularity and attempts to shake up the formula (XY for the shounen crowd SM for the Yokai Watchers) , the declining sales of the movies finally gave them a wake up call to try something diffrent that people actually want to see so good for them

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm gonna be perfectly honest here, I don't know how to feel about this. On the one hand, it's sweet to have a movie recapping the original series in such a beautiful manner.

On the other hand, everyone's gonna be left wondering when there'll be a movie centering around Sun & Moon. I've been theorizing for a while that the current series takes place BEFORE the actual stories from the games. That's likely not true, as it just seems like an adaptation, but this isn't the place to talk about that.

Moving right along, I think this will be good. Maybe a top five kind of movie. I don't know why, but I just feel... iffy about it...

I think once we get a summary we'll know where they're going to go with this. As of right now I'm expecting it to have some changes f they are retelling the OS. Or it's an alternate timeline.

snorlax512

It should start with Ash sitting with Lana, Lillie, Mallow, Kiawe, Sophocles and Kukui around in a bonfire one night, and Ash begins to tell the story of his journey.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
It looks really beautiful. Very nostalgic~ I wish the movie could show us Ash's beginnings like how he was as a younger kid and problems his mother had and stuff with the ending being his first day as a Pokémon Trainer. He didn't leave the house in his OS outfit but his pajamas! :D I hope it does cover his adventures outside of the Indigo Plateau and beyond. And I do want changes. Pokemon Origins was so boring to me because it was exactly like Pokémon Red and I knew what was going to happen from beginning to end.

They need to pay tribute to the entire aniime, not just one nostalgic small fragment even if it won't show every important detail. Just put in the most memorable battles and moments. Or tell a new story like his beginnings before he became a Pokémon Trainer. I'll like to see if Ash ever visited Pidgeot again like he promised. Or on screen bonding with his mother. Or to give us some sort of information on what it means to be a Pokémon Master and how he found this dream.

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think Ash meeting Ho-oh would be appropriate. It's about time they meet and Ho-oh has a very significant role in Ash's adventure with Pikachu. Ho-oh needs to be in a movie on its own after so many years.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I'm looking forward to this movie. Much more than any Pokemon movie since the third movie. I just hope they change Ash back to his old appearance from OS-XY. I hate his new SM appearance.

Greneuliest808

Future Graduate
I feel like this is going to be the best Pokemon movie in quite a long time. Sure, the release is a long way to go (for the USA, it would be a longer way to go), but I actually look forward to this one. Ho-oh is long overdue to have an important role in a Pokemon Movie and not just cameos in the main anime series.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think Ash meeting Ho-oh would be appropriate. It's about time they meet and Ho-oh has a very significant role in Ash's adventure with Pikachu. Ho-oh needs to be in a movie on its own after so many years.

If it is really its own universe, I hope they do meet. It would suck if Ash and Pikachu finally met Ho-oh years ago and we never knew it. I'd like their first official meeting to be set in the present..... not this present though, whenever Johto gets pandering like Kanto did for the past two regions.

Agility

Bah.
oh god. I've been waiting for years to see Pidgeotto/Pidgeot in a non-flashback setting once more. ;-; I hope if it's indeed here, they give it a little more love than just balloon pecker. I'm still salty it didn't even get to battle in the League. /grumble

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I can't wait to see people's reactions when Ho-Oh only appears in the movie right before the credits role. I will sit back and eat popcorn as the internet explodes. I'm completely serious too, it very well could happen that way.

SlimeStack

I can't wait to see people's reactions when Ho-Oh only appears in the movie right before the credits role. I will sit back and eat popcorn as the internet explodes. I'm completely serious too, it very well could happen that way.

That's what I thought originally, since it's named after the first episode and the scene is also from there. But you can see the rainbow wing, which wasn't there originally and is only used in GSC when you meet Ho-oh.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I'm debating whether or not to photoshop an "It's Been 3000 Years" meme with Ho-oh getting a movie.

I'm debating whether or not to photoshop an "It's Been 3000 Years" meme with Ho-oh getting a movie.

You can do that, but I'd also do the "I'VE DONE MY WAITING, TWELVE YEARS OF IT, IN AZKABAN" meme along with it, as that one is equally as funny.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
That's what I thought originally, since it's named after the first episode and the scene is also from there. But you can see the rainbow wing, which wasn't there originally and is only used in GSC when you meet Ho-oh.

At the same time though, the Rainbow Wing didn't exist during the first episode, so this really could just be a retcon. After all, what's a Rainbow Wing but a token proving you're worthy of seeing Ho-Oh? Ho-Oh leaving one behind makes sense, even if Ash doesn't actually interact with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.