• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Dec 11: Movie 21 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Seeing Volt Tackle in those Pikachu's movesets is just depressing...... I wish they'd bring that move back. And/or have this Pikachu use it.

dp045

When is more information about the plot revealed? Because it seems that it will be only a remake in HD of the first episode extended to film format, instead of a different story or a re-imagination of the story. Well, it seems that appealed only to the nostalgia to sell the movie but at least pikachu plush toys look pretty, to see if they come to America officially or smuggling.

Seeing Volt Tackle in those Pikachu's movesets is just depressing...... I wish they'd bring that move back. And/or have this Pikachu use it.

Electro Ball is still a better substitute because at least it is more believable that the movement is very strong because Pikachu is characterized by its speed rather than the damage back by Volt Tackle is ignored at the convenience of the plot.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Electro Ball hasn't contributed much compared to Volt Tackle. R.I.P. TR vs TP ;_; I kind of feel like they just wanted to showcase a new move at the time and it fit Pikachu, using its tail to throw an electric ball. If only it replaced Quick Attack than Volt Tackle since Volt Tackle is mostly a electrified super sped up version of Quick Attack but noooo take out the cool one. U_U Ash barely even uses Electro Ball anymore, he used to use it a lot in BW. What the heck happened?

This is just wishful thinking but I hope that anniversary special on Pokenchi show a clip or share new details on the movie.

ShadowForce720

Electro Ball hasn't contributed much compared to Volt Tackle. R.I.P. TR vs TP ;_; I kind of feel like they just wanted to showcase a new move at the time and it fit Pikachu, using its tail to throw an electric ball. If only it replaced Quick Attack than Volt Tackle since Volt Tackle is mostly a electrified super sped up version of Quick Attack but noooo take out the cool one. U_U Ash barely even uses Electro Ball anymore, he used to use it a lot in BW. What the heck happened?

This is just wishful thinking but I hope that anniversary special on Pokenchi show a clip or share new details on the movie.

You do realize that if Quick Attack was replaced by Electro Ball instead of Electro Ball replacing Volt Tackle, that would mean Pikachu would have 3 Electric type moves meaning that if it ever faced a pokemon that was pure or part Ground type then it would have to solely rely on Iron Tail which it's even a worse situation if the pokemon then it is with just having 2 Electric attacks, basically having 3 Electric attacks would hurt Pikachu more then help it.

dp045

You do realize that if Quick Attack was replaced by Electro Ball instead of Electro Ball replacing Volt Tackle, that would mean Pikachu would have 3 Electric type moves meaning that if it ever faced a pokemon that was pure or part Ground type then it would have to solely rely on Iron Tail which it's even a worse situation if the pokemon then it is with just having 2 Electric attacks, basically having 3 Electric attacks would hurt Pikachu more then help it.

That is irrelevant since it is normal for the Pokémon to animate their moveset to favor STAB and ball movements. In addition Pikachu has Iron Tail for that type of situation although Ash's Pikachu base is: Quick Attack, Iron Tail and Thnderbolt, leaving the fourth movement as a "finsih him" as Thunder, Volt Tackle, Electro Ball and currently the Move -Z.

ShadowForce720

That is irrelevant since it is normal for the Pokémon to animate their moveset to favor STAB and ball movements. In addition Pikachu has Iron Tail for that type of situation although Ash's Pikachu base is: Quick Attack, Iron Tail and Thnderbolt, leaving the fourth movement as a "finsih him" as Thunder, Volt Tackle, Electro Ball and currently the Move -Z.

You seem to be misunderstanding something there, I know that Pikachu has 2 Electric type moves and 2 non-Electric type moves and then of course it has the Z-move however, what I was saying about 3 Electric type moves was in response to satoharupika saying that Pikachu should have replaced Quick Attack with Electro Ball instead of replacing Volt Tackle meaning Pikachu would have 3 Electric type moves and 1 Steel type move in that situation that would hurt Pikachu more then it would help since that means if it faces a pokemon that is either pure or part Ground type 3 of it's moves would be completely useless meaning that all it would have left is Iron Tail, and that would only get Pikachu putting Pikachu at a major unnecessary disadvantage.

Right now Pikachu move set works because even if it's 2 Electric type moves are made useless it still has 2 moves being Quick Attack and Iron Tail that it can still use which is much better then only being able to use Iron Tail against it's opponent.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think Thunderbolt and Thunder take the same slot in the anime considering how they are virtually identical aside from power. Tttnder is just a larger version of Thunderbolt which is the stronger version of Thundershock. I thought Iron Tail was replaced by Electo Ball because Pikachu didn't use it or Volt Tackle during the Unova and Kalos seasons.

Janovy

Banned
Are they implying Pukachu is only at level20 now???
No, because everyone knows levels don't exist in the anime.

I think Thunderbolt and Thunder take the same slot in the anime considering how they are virtually identical aside from power. Tttnder is just a larger version of Thunderbolt which is the stronger version of Thundershock. I thought Iron Tail was replaced by Electo Ball because Pikachu didn't use it or Volt Tackle during the Unova and Kalos seasons.
Pikachu used Iron Tail and Electro Ball both in Unova and Kalos.

Akashin

Are they implying Pukachu is only at level20 now???

Definitely not. As somebody pointed out elsewhere, it's likely that the levels correspond to the age of the anime (OS hat Pikachu is 1, SM hat Pikachu is 20, and the rest are in between).

satopi

Ok that's a fair point. I wonder how Pikachu was able to shock and defeat Geodude with an electric attack lol, I think that Geodude was defective!

Pikachu used Iron Tail and Volt Tackle in Unova and Kalos. Iron Tail turned silver or the actual iron) in Unova and then went back to white in Kalos. Pikachu couldn't use Volt Tackle in Kalos because it was replaced by Electro Ball.

Godchu confirmed. I wonder what that Spearow did to piss off that Pikachu. O_O This must be your Pikachu when it's angry. I hope we can use both Castropika and 10 Million Volt Thunderbolt if we have the DP/BW Pikachu. :3

In game Satoshi must be a hardcore bastard to be giving away clones of his strongest Pokémon this year.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Ok that's a fair point. I wonder how Pikachu was able to shock and defeat Geodude with an electric attack lol, I think that Geodude was defective!

It was low key Alolan Geodude (Rock/Electric) before Alolan forms were revealed to the public :)

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Godchu confirmed. I wonder what that Spearow did to piss off that Pikachu. O_O This must be your Pikachu when it's angry. I hope we can use both Castropika and 10 Million Volt Thunderbolt if we have the DP/BW Pikachu. :3

That was revenge for that flock of Spearow that nearly killed Ash and Pikachu when they first started their journey. Pikachu has not forgotten that terrible day, and has sought to enact his revenge on all Spearow ever since. :p

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
That was revenge for that flock of Spearow that nearly killed Ash and Pikachu when they first started their journey. Pikachu has not forgotten that terrible day, and has sought to enact his revenge on all Spearow ever since. :p
That explains why Pikachu is never truly angry. He reserves all his hatred for Spearow and Fearow.

satopi

Spearow are all evil like Persian. I bet their favorite flavor is mustard! We've yet to encounter another Spearow because they hide when they catch sight of the trainer who hurt a young Spearow on that faithful day and roasted part of their flock!

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

satopi

Where are the mods' drawings?! Why aren't the Serebii side of fans represented??!?!?! D:

Anyway, that's a nice drawing. There hasn't been 20 celebrity drawings shown yet so it's a bit confusing that it hasn't been reported... or 20 celebrities are lined up already? Ken Sugimori and the designers/animators should enter in! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.