• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Dec 11: Movie 21 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Has anyone shared this?
Http://fdzeta.com/data/MetaMirrorCache/_nyzime.jpg

Maybe those could be the pokémon that Ash catches in the movie ...

<No love for the poor pidgeotto.>

Judging for the positions only, and since the Kanto starters are the only thing I don't expect it'll change in Ash's team, yeah, maybe. It would at least interesting see Ash using a gengar, since he never even caught haunter officially. Honestly, I was waiting something "new", like sandshrew or (even better) jigglypuff.

dp045

<No love for the poor pidgeotto.>

Judging for the positions only, and since the Kanto starters are the only thing I don't expect it'll change in Ash's team, yeah, maybe. It would at least interesting see Ash using a gengar, since he never even caught haunter officially. Honestly, I was waiting something "new", like sandshrew or (even better) jigglypuff.

The curious thing is also that it could be supposed that Ash would catch Lapras (when this captured him in the Orange Island's). Same as assuming that Butterfre is released (again and in HD T_T) and that the Charizard would be the same Charmander to be this its evolution the equipment is comprised of: Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Lapras and Gengar. Interesting, xD.

Spyro39

I'm more dissapointed that no else has commented on the fact that Ash looks like a dork with his OS outfit compared to everyone else. I almost want someone to roast him for that in the movie.

His OS outfit is iconic with fans. There's no way the creators of this movie are going to want to alter his clothing (aside from his hat) in order to stay true with his Kanto roots.

dp045

His OS outfit is iconic with fans. There's no way the creators of this movie are going to want to alter his clothing (aside from his hat) in order to stay true with his Kanto roots.

Well, it seems more important to keep Ash's clothes than his friends, xD.

diakyu

One thing to note is, Cross has a very specific design on his necklace. Looks like an X Unknown imo. If this is an alternate dimension like it seems to be maybe the anime will bring back up the Unknown as pokemon with ties to dimensional travel (we saw it in Movie 10 when they were in Palkia and Dialga's dimensions). Maybe Cross is from another dimension? As in he CROSSed into another dimension! Stupid jokes aside it's something to think about.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
One thing to note is, Cross has a very specific design on his necklace. Looks like an X Unknown imo. If this is an alternate dimension like it seems to be maybe the anime will bring back up the Unknown as pokemon with ties to dimensional travel (we saw it in Movie 10 when they were in Palkia and Dialga's dimensions). Maybe Cross is from another dimension? As in he CROSSed into another dimension! Stupid jokes aside it's something to think about.

Heh reminds me somewhat of the Dark Side of Dimensions

Little Hero

Hmm...don't know what to think about this...change, so to speak.

I mean...its a movie...for the 20th anniversary and well...why add new characters and all that? What's the story behind the change? (Could it be they couldn't get the original voice actors on the project and opt for new characters to replace them instead...has that even happened before?)

Don't get me wrong...these new guys look alright and all but...well...it just doesn't do anything for me.

I guess the only thing that interests me of this movie is the whole Ho-oh business and that's about it.

Has anyone shared this?

Hmm...or maybe he catches all 150 and actually accomplishes his goal of becoming a Pokemon Master. (FINALLY)

Ominous Wind

What I want from the movie:

Marshadow befriends Au Ash but dimension-traveling stuff ensues and Marshadow arrives to canon world in Alola. Plot continues either in the series or in the 2018 movie.

What will probably happen:

Ash gets cucked again.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Has anyone shared this?

The ones on the outside?
Yeah.... maybe. Charizard, Butterfree, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur being outside make it seem like he'll get a Gengar. Maybe that Haunter joins him officially? I'd like that, I always wanted Haunter to stay.
If that's his whole team though, I admit I'm disappointed.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Yeah . . . I have no idea what to make of this movie anymore. I'll give it a chance since it may still be good on its own merit, & to be honest I think this may be better then trying to cram the entire first season into an ≃ 60-90 minute film. However, I just have no idea why they'd make changes like this for the 20th anniversary movie that's supposed to be a retelling of the original series.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
but having Piplup as a companion mascot with a different trainer is ruthless.

Ruthless indeed, Rip my precious :c

my reaction was initially negative but I've kinda mellowed out. If anything, it helps avoid the constant issues with reseting, inability make lasting changes, etc. Yeah sure, I know the question is now "why not just use an entirely new character and script"

and I'm pretty sure the answer is, marketing, the fact it's flat out easier when you have a story basin already set up, and because despite all the backlash, people will still go see it for the old scenes animated anyway, even if it's only the first episode.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Took me a while before I caught up with this thread but I see that no one has yet to write this comment.

Why are so many worried that Misty and Brock aren't going to appear? They won't be his traveling companions (or at least not in the long term) but he can still meet them. They're both Gym Leaders. Misty would've probably gotten forced into accepting her role as Gym Leader by her sisters much earlier and Brock would've took over the Pewter Gym. I'd really love to see a battle between Misty and Ash (she'll wipe the floor with him ;)) and a proper battle between Ash and Brock that isn't a complete pity badge. Brock could go a bit soft on him because of pity but Pikachu won't defeat his Geodude by using Thundershock. :p Also, Gary is Ash's childhood friend and rival, and Professor Oak's grandson. He's basically confirmed to appear and remember, he barely appeared in the OS in general. Gary played a vital role in the first episode and Ash's character, he was someone Ash wanted to surpass and beat someday. Misty and Brock would probably be there just to support Ash and fanservice, they wouldn't have much of a role compared to Soji and Makoto whom have their own reasons for traveling with Ash which is they may have also obtained a Rainbow Feather thus chosen.

Soji and Makoto look like different characters Ash would need to fulfill his promise with Pikachu and I'm looking forward to their interactions and dynamics as a team. It brings back warm feelings of the BW team who had very different personas yet similarities at heart. I'm also sensing Cross is a villain or an issue that'll get in the way of the group rather than a rival. And of course the lovely TRio will appear as needed. I'm loving their scenes already! <3 Bondy sounds like a mysterious old man who has some sort of connection or attraction towards Ho oh, he better point the group to the right direction. He looks like a maniac who tries to pose as an ordinary old man lol. :p I fell in love with Makoto's Piplup (even though I dislike Dawn's Piplup. Not all Piplup should be cursed because of him) at the sound of his/her voice (I think it's a girl! :D) And it's cool seeing someone like Soji having a Lucario as a partner. I wonder if Makoto is really insecure about how she'll do far away from home which is why she puts up a front that she 'loves' adventures.

Most of all, I kept wait to see the beautiful goddess Delia Ketchum to show up with her iconic scenes. ^_^

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Can we all at least come to an agreement that the new rendition of the OG theme song is lit? I'm looking forward to that being released a lot.

satopi

Yes the rendition of the original theme song is very good!! It sounds very triumphant & celebratory like our heroes would succeed in their goal.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Yes the rendition of the original theme song is very good!! It sounds very triumphant & celebratory like our heroes would succeed in their goal.

This is an AU after all. Ash can succeed at his goal. Granted, his goal is to find Ho-oh, but I'll take it.

Cat's Eye Draco

Why are so many worried that Misty and Brock aren't going to appear? They won't be his traveling companions (or at least not in the long term) but he can still meet them. They're both Gym Leaders. Misty would've probably gotten forced into accepting her role as Gym Leader by her sisters much earlier and Brock would've took over the Pewter Gym. I'd really love to see a battle between Misty and Ash (she'll wipe the floor with him ;)) and a proper battle between Ash and Brock that isn't a complete pity badge. Brock could go a bit soft on him because of pity but Pikachu won't defeat his Geodude by using Thundershock. :p Also, Gary is Ash's childhood friend and rival, and Professor Oak's grandson. He's basically confirmed to appear and remember, he barely appeared in the OS in general. Gary played a vital role in the first episode and Ash's character, he was someone Ash wanted to surpass and beat someday. Misty and Brock would probably be there just to support Ash and fanservice, they wouldn't have much of a role compared to Soji and Makoto whom have their own reasons for traveling with Ash which is they may have also obtained a Rainbow Feather thus chosen.

Pretty much this. As much as I'd love to see the original trio together again, I have to admit I haven't been looking forward to a rehash of OS crammed into 90 or more minutes. But this? This I'm looking forward to. I've been kinda missing the element of adventure that's been toned down in anime recently (I like SM fine, but with only 20 episodes under our belts the SoL feel hasn't really had a chance to grow on me yet) so this trailer was doubly exciting. I haven't been this hyped for a Pokemon movie in ages. :D

Bondy sounds like a mysterious old man who has some sort of connection or attraction towards Ho oh, he better point the group to the right direction. He looks like a maniac who tries to pose as an ordinary old man lol.

Not gonna lie; I honestly thought the old man was Charles Goodshow at first. (It must have been the hat. :p) Just goes to show how long it's been since he last appeared anywhere.

(Not since the Sinnoh League, apparently.

...That's just sad.)

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just realized something: If Incineroar is in this movie, I'm almost 100% sure that we're going to have Decidueye & Primarina shoehorned in here too to keep up the tradition that the first movie of every generation seems to follow lately

satopi

I haven't been this hyped for a Pokemon movie in ages. :D
I haven't been hyped for a Pokemon movie since the Keldeo movie. :)

I also noticed an Aerodatyl that a user was complaining about. It's in the 2nd trailer in the background with the ghost Pokémon. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.