• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Dec 11: Movie 21 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me would rather this was either a single movie, a trilogy or a movie plus OVA series. I don't want it to become an anime series so it can contrast to the main anime.

By the way, where was it announced that the movie will be 90 minutes?

Also:

[imgsize=300]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/2/20/Makoto.png[/imgsize][imgsize=200]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/a/a6/XY_Youngster.png[/imgsize]

I see similarities.

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

SlimeStack

I think people are too focused on the AU aspect tbh. The point of the film is the meeting between Ho-oh and Ash which is like a celebration of Ash himself rather than OS in general. All the OS scenes are most likely just introductions for the characters so that everyone knows how Ash and Pikachu first saw Ho-oh and what kind of progress Ash had made in Kanto by the time they meet again.

So it's really less "OS with Misty and Brock replaced" and more a completely separate original story that happens to feature OS recaps of Ash. Everything we've seen so far is just some scenes from the first episode (Ash and Pikachu's origin, first Ho-oh sighting), his team (Butterfree, Charmander), and a gym battle. Those are all specifically backstory and progress, they're not highlighting moments of character development or anything you'd expect in a clip show. Team Rocket's scene doesn't even seem to be a flashback, they're just introduced into the film via Makoto.

Navin

MALDREAD
I think people are too focused on the AU aspect tbh. The point of the film is the meeting between Ho-oh and Ash which is like a celebration of Ash himself rather than OS in general. All the OS scenes are most likely just introductions for the characters so that everyone knows how Ash and Pikachu first saw Ho-oh and what kind of progress Ash had made in Kanto by the time they meet again.

So it's really less "OS with Misty and Brock replaced" and more a completely separate original story that happens to feature OS recaps of Ash. Everything we've seen so far is just some scenes from the first episode (Ash and Pikachu's origin, first Ho-oh sighting), his team (Butterfree, Charmander), and a gym battle. Those are all specifically backstory and progress, they're not highlighting moments of character development or anything you'd expect in a clip show. Team Rocket's scene doesn't even seem to be a flashback, they're just introduced into the film via Makoto.

Too bad this love letter to OS Ash seems to be mashed with marketing gimmicks galore. Well, hopefully it turns out better than the stream of mediocre films as of late.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Too bad this love letter to OS Ash seems to be mashed with marketing gimmicks galore. Well, hopefully it turns out better than the stream of mediocre films as of late.

That's not really a high bar you set there. Diancie was really generic, Hoopa was completely pandering to fans after the Genesect movie (even if we did get a cool new Legendary form out of it), and Volcanion was good but nothing really new. I don't think anyone expected Marshadow to show up yet, considering it's the only Mythical in Alola since Magearna already had her movie. Also, as long as Ho-oH is part of the central focus, I'm fine.

Navin

MALDREAD
That's not really a high bar you set there. Diancie was really generic, Hoopa was completely pandering to fans after the Genesect movie (even if we did get a cool new Legendary form out of it), and Volcanion was good but nothing really new. I don't think anyone expected Marshadow to show up yet, considering it's the only Mythical in Alola since Magearna already had her movie. Also, as long as Ho-oH is part of the central focus, I'm fine.

Not just Marshadow, but also Incineroar for Gen VII. And then Piplup and Lucario (two of the most popular Gen IV Pokemon/DP remake?), and possibility of Makoto/Souji/Cross being future game character designs. I do hope it will turn out good though.

TheWanderingMist

I see people mention about AU, sorry but what does AU means?

Alternate universe. It's used quite a lot in other media. Along with alternate timeline, but that's different.

TheHumanPokedex

Does anyone think they'll leave Ash's team the same as it was in the actual series, or do you think they might evolve some of his mons? For example since there isn't time for all the character development of each pokemon, the un-evolved ones like Bulbasuar could evolve. They're already adding new characters and such so I think its a possibility.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

Shokotan sounds so excited to be in this movie. I love her enthusiasm.

So it's really less "OS with Misty and Brock replaced" and more a completely separate original story that happens to feature OS recaps of Ash.

I like this way of looking at the movie, as less an AU and more a separate original story that happens to feature OS recaps of Ash. You make a good point that this film seems to be less a celebration of OS in general and more a celebration of Ash himself.

TheWanderingMist

Ooohh lol so that's what AU means? XD, I'm so stupid not knowing that , thanks for telling me!

No need to feel dumb.

Does anyone think they'll leave Ash's team the same as it was in the actual series, or do you think they might evolve some of his mons? For example since there isn't time for all the character development of each pokemon, the un-evolved ones like Bulbasuar could evolve. They're already adding new characters and such so I think its a possibility.

It seems to be a common theory that the Pokemon on the outside of the circle are what he's going to end up with in the movie. So, no major changes really, except maybe Haunter becomes a permanent part of his team and maybe getting Lapras earlier than Orange Islands.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Shokotan fits the perfect role of Nurse Joy! She is always so cheerful, self composed, and passionate for others. I hope she plays all the Joys!!!!!!

This is how I feel. :p

SlimeStack

That was always going to happen either way, and I don't really see too much of a problem here. The only marketing mascot that's actually impacting on the plot is Marshadow, it hardly matters which Pokémon other trainers use.

TheWanderingMist

I just hope that Giovanni and other Team Rocket members show up.

After all, a Mythical Pokemon usually means a villain, so... ;)

Giovanni certainly has a high probability of showing up given that Team Rocket is in this movie (maybe even as major villains). Perhaps there will be a proper face-off at Viridian Gym this time.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Giovanni certainly has a high probability of showing up given that Team Rocket is in this movie (maybe even as major villains). Perhaps there will be a proper face-off at Viridian Gym this time.

I wonder if they would change the gym leaders too in this AU. If that happens, then surely there would be no chance to see Brock, Misty and others in the movie.

TheWanderingMist

I wonder if they would change the gym leaders too in this AU. If that happens, then surely there would be no chance to see Brock, Misty and others in the movie.

Maybe...but I think they only changed the traveling companions. After all, it was mostly a coincidence that Ash met Misty or Brock's father anyway. I'm hoping the original companions get cameos or something.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

I don't any reason to change the Gym leaders, as well, and I'm hoping they don't. I don't expect to see too much of the Gyms, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.