• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Dec 11: Movie 21 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat's Eye Draco

So wait. If this movie really is focusing more about going after Ho-oh, are all of the gym battles going to be limited to just montages? I know you can't fit 8 gym battles into one movie, but judging by all of the summaries we've been given, it seems like this is the route they're going.

The montage thing was mostly a guess, seeing as eight gym battles on top of a Ho-oh quest seems like a lot for one movie, and it sounds like Ash and Pikachu get through at least part of the former before they start on the latter.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Cross's character seems interesting now with the new summary. I'm also guessing that Team Rocket probably won't be the main source of conflict in the movie so hopefully they'll have as little screentime as possible then.

TikTok13

Oh, I have a title?
Cross's character seems interesting now with the new summary. I'm also guessing that Team Rocket probably won't be the main source of conflict in the movie so hopefully they'll have as little screentime as possible then.

Aww...Really, no Team Rocket? You have to admit they're a great and iconic part of Pokémon now. But Cross does seem kinda cool.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Well, we finally got a villain who's not super rich or is piloting a giant machine/airship of some sort. Just a kid with an evil streak somewhat similar to Pre-League Paul.

...Way to go back to stereotypes by having an evil Midnight Lycanroc and dirty wrestler tiger.

Spyro39

Well, we finally got a villain who's not super rich or is piloting a giant machine/airship of some sort. Just a kid with an evil streak somewhat similar to Pre-League Paul.

...Way to go back to stereotypes by having an evil Midnight Lycanroc and dirty wrestler tiger.

Come on. Isn't it too soon to call Cross a villain? He might be misunderstood or have a sympathetic motivation for getting in Ash's way to Ho-oh for all we know. He may not even be the true bad guy in this movie.

satobato

Pokemon master
Ash can get new pokemon also. And it will be Canon

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Nobody should be surprised to see Charizard. It was pretty obvious he and Butterfree would be happening.

That's my problem with him having both, I'm excited to see two of my favorite Alola Pokemon in proper animation..... but why throw two Pokemon that look evil on his team?
I respected SM for not forcing Midnight as a bad Pokemon in his debut, but his movie one is as a 'villain'. Ugh....

Janovy

Banned
...what makes Midnight Lycanroc a villain exactly? lol

Sure, it LOOKS evil, doesn't make it evil. And Incineroar is in reality a good Pokemon, if you read its info.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Come on. Isn't it too soon to call Cross a villain? He might be misunderstood or have a sympathetic motivation for getting in Ash's way to Ho-oh for all we know. He may not even be the true bad guy in this movie.

How about antagonist? This movie could even haven't a villain, just a jerk rival with a temper. It would be a nice change.

Ash can get new pokemon also. And it will be Canon

Well, if he somewhat get a new pokemon that he actually didn't have in the canon, I'd like to see it migrates to the main anime in some way. They can just have a quick flashback showing that Ash actually caught something from the previous gens off screen. It isn't that difficult.

Spyro39

...what makes Midnight Lycanroc a villain exactly? lol

Sure, it LOOKS evil, doesn't make it evil. And Incineroar is in reality a good Pokemon, if you read its info.

The stereotypical glowing red eyes, evil grin, and werewolf-like appearance. Plus, its Pokedex Sun entry states that it gets more bloodthirsty the more intimidating its opponent is. The anime sometimes gives their personality based on their characteristics and Pokedex entry. I agree that while it makes Midnight Lycanroc look evil, that's not always the case depending on its trainer.

Do you guys find it interesting that Cross is getting Pokemon that look vicious, act vicious, and ready to rip their opponents apart in battle? First Incineroar, now Midnight Lycanroc.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
So Cross has Moondoggo, niiiiiiceeeee.

Kind of funny he has two of Satoshi's S&M family members as his partner Pokemon. Would not mind seeing some tag team work between Lizardon and Pikachu, I'm sure Moon Lugarugan has Counter as well and will retain its malicious and conflict-loving nature which makes it sure to be entertaining if it fights against Pikachu. Oh, yeah, and Cross's ambition, so he's the full blown antagonist so far. Guessing he'll have a change of heart later on, is he trying to steal the feather from Satoshi or will he "earn" it through overcoming him in the rivalry?

Last edited:
When it comes to this movie, the thing I'm probably most excited for is the three new main OCs and their goals. I'm curious as to what their motivations are, what their backstories hold and so on. What is Makoto's summary hiding? Is Soji wanting to research Ho-oh or is there another reason for him to join Ash? Does Cross have a motive to beat Ho-oh beyond simply "being the ultimate trainer"?

World Turtle

How about antagonist? This movie could even haven't a villain, just a jerk rival with a temper. It would be a nice change.

Well, if he somewhat get a new pokemon that he actually didn't have in the canon, I'd like to see it migrates to the main anime in some way. They can just have a quick flashback showing that Ash actually caught something from the previous gens off screen. It isn't that difficult.

Regional Forms are now a thing so they could do that.

Also going by that poster he'll be getting Gengar.

Last edited:

NPT

Just a member
I don't have much interest in Cross as a character... but still, I'm hyped for the battle between him and Ash! Hope it all turns out well.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
When it comes to this movie, the thing I'm probably most excited for is the three new main OCs and their goals. I'm curious as to what their motivations are, what their backstories hold and so on. What is Makoto's summary hiding? Is Soji wanting to research Ho-oh or is there another reason for him to join Ash? Does Cross have a motive to beat Ho-oh beyond simply "being the ultimate trainer"?

Makoto is the real villain. Cross spends the whole time trying to warn Ash.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Calling it now...

The end of the movie will have a part where Soji and Makoto become Cross' travelling companions :p

Makoto is the real villain. Cross spends the whole time trying to warn Ash.

I know this is satire and I know it won't happen, but just imagine an evil Makoto. That would actually be half-cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.