• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Dec 11: Movie 21 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
This is supposed to be an anniversary movie.

But then, they could care less about older fans. Not that I was surprised by their decision to ditch the old cast. Calling it an anniversary movie is deceiving.
So an original story that some people have been wanting is a terrible idea while a glorified clipshow or recap of the first episode is much better ???? Please, this is an anniversary movie but it wasn't what you imagined. It's actually trying to build an original story where Ho oh has a significant role in this and retelling the story of Ash and Pikachu's first encounter is a godsend compared to getting something extremely predictable.

And yes, Gary will appear since he's an important person in Ash's life and Misty & Brock will appear but not as his traveling companions. Boo hoo, you've been wiping your sympathy tears for far too long that the tissues got sick of it. :rolleyes:

Is it though?

Why advertise everyone's partner Pokemon and then act all mysterious about what is supposed to be Ash's Charizard?
.... Alan's Charizard has made a comeback?! :eek:

I still think it's Ash's but they wanted to include that bit of it having the ability to fight while flying. Or it could be Body's since he hasn't revealed any Pokémon he might have.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I don't understand why people want Misty to be in this movie so badly. She's most likely not going to be doing much, if anything at all. Besides I'm pretty sure that the new characters would be better to use since they're specifically made for this movie so we'll be getting the more out of them then we would with any of the past companions, minus the current cast in SM.

SinnohEevee

So an original story that some people have been wanting is a terrible idea while a glorified clipshow or recap of the first episode is much better ???? Please, this is an anniversary movie but it wasn't what you imagined. It's actually trying to build an original story where Ho oh has a significant role in this and retelling the story of Ash and Pikachu's first encounter is a godsend compared to getting something extremely predictable.

And yes, Gary will appear since he's an important person in Ash's life and Misty & Brock will appear but not as his traveling companions. Boo hoo, you've been wiping your sympathy tears for far too long that the tissues got sick of it. :rolleyes:

.... Alan's Charizard has made a comeback?! :eek:

I still think it's Ash's but they wanted to include that bit of it having the ability to fight while flying. Or it could be Body's since he hasn't revealed any Pokémon he might have.

Any source about Gary appearing?

SinnohEevee

I don't understand why people want Misty to be in this movie so badly. She's most likely not going to be doing much, if anything at all. Besides I'm pretty sure that the new characters would be better to use since they're specifically made for this movie so we'll be getting the more out of them then we would with any of the past companions, minus the current cast in SM.

I don't like her that much, but I want this show to pay tribute to its origins instead of continuously ditch them.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Any source about Gary appearing?
Aside from having a prominent role in the first episode and being Ash's childhood friend/rival.... no. But I wouldn't rule him out, they could've replaced Professor Oak but they didn't and like I said, Gary had meaning in their first episode together.

I don't like her that much, but I want this show to pay tribute to its origins instead of continuously ditch them.
This is exactly what they're doing.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Of course it is Ash's Charizard.
It would be disrespectful if there was a Charizard in a freaking ANNIVERSARY movie and it wasn't Ash's. It's bad enough Gary and Brock aren't here, two of the characters who had the most effect on making Ash who he is today

Torterraaaa

So uh, how the heck does Marshadow fit into all this? And the summaries seem to be implying Marshadow has a link to Ho-oh in some way to do with this 'rainbow power' or whatever they're calling it. Was not expecting Marshadow to appear in this movie at all, though I know it is the standard formula to have a new mythical Pokemon appear.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So uh, how the heck does Marshadow fit into all this? And the summaries seem to be implying Marshadow has a link to Ho-oh in some way to do with this 'rainbow power' or whatever they're calling it. Was not expecting Marshadow to appear in this movie at all, though I know it is the standard formula to have a new mythical Pokemon appear.

Light versus shadow, I guess.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'm highly confident the Charizard is Ash's. Although I'm suspecting its character might be somewhat different than what you know.

I don't understand why people want Misty to be in this movie so badly.

Because she came first. Childhood, nostalgia and all that :p

sheld999

I'm highly confident the Charizard is Ash's. Although I'm suspecting its character might be somewhat different than what you know.

Because she came first. Childhood, nostalgia and all that :p

or it could been the same as in series but its attitude changed differently than it did in orange league like maybe it lost to infernoe

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Is it though?

Why advertise everyone's partner Pokemon and then act all mysterious about what is supposed to be Ash's Charizard?

hope to god it isn't Ash's. If they're gonna AU every part of Ash's beginning, PLEASE ARCEUS PLEASE make them replace Ash's powerhouse with something cooler and less shoved in our faces.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
hope to god it isn't Ash's. If they're gonna AU every part of Ash's beginning, PLEASE ARCEUS PLEASE make them replace Ash's powerhouse with something cooler and less shoved in our faces.

I find this highly unlikely. Charizard along with Pikachu are the most iconic Ash's Pokemon. Personally, I would want to see a Gengar to be Ash's powerhouse in this movie. It doesn't need to be a starter. Also, we saw a Charmander being captured as well.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I find this highly unlikely. Charizard along with Pikachu are the most iconic Ash's Pokemon. Personally, I would want to see a Gengar to be Ash's powerhouse in this movie. It doesn't need to be a starter. Also, we saw a Charmander being captured as well.

Yeah I have a feeling they'll do the famous Ashcharizard vs fire starter and have CHarizard fight Incineroar as a big fight. My first thought was Gengar too, he'd be infinitely cooler than Charizard, and can fight while flying too! I need to just stop paying attention to the news here and just wait for it to come out :p

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Here is Pokemon Fan's coverage of what details we have on the movie so far:

http://i.imgur.com/obJWy01.jpg

A special report on the start of Satoshi and Pikachu's journey!

We've finally got a glimpse of the movie's story! We'll also present the newly discovered Pokémon and the travel companions in detail!!

Setting off with Houou as the goal!
The "Rainbow Feather" Houou gave Satoshi serves as their guide for the journey!!

http://i.imgur.com/oEtj5gU.jpg

From completely incompatible to true partners!
After meeting Pikachu, Satoshi finally sets off on his journey! What kind of adventure awaits him on his journey in search of Houou?

"I like you!"
Satoshi and Pikachu's meeting!
Satoshi also started out as a rookie Pokémon Trainer. But even though Pikachu won't listen to him, he gets through to it little by little.

"Let's go meet it!"
The start of the adventure!!
They witness Houou, which flaps its beautiful wings as it flies through the sky! Meeting this legendary Pokémon again then becomes the duo's goal!

Encounters with travelmates!
As the journey continues on, companions that will travel with Satoshi appear! Both the humans and the Pokémon are irreplaceable friends!
Makoto and Soji, Pokémon Trainers: They will teach Satoshi lots of things he doesn't know.
Butterfree and Hitokage, Pokémon: Together with the Pokémon he befriends, Satoshi heads for his next encounter!

A tough opponent that stands in his way: Cross!
When Trainers meet, they have a Pokémon battle! Some opponents focus purely on physical strength to win!

http://i.imgur.com/eKYEUUy.jpg

Friends! Pokémon! New encounters!!
These are the people and Pokémon Satoshi meets on his journey. It's confirmed that a newly discovered Pokémon will be among them!!

Trainers! Pokémon! All kinds of encounter lie in wait!!
Companions, a rival and a person that helps Satoshi! For the first time ever, the journey is truly overflowing with such encounter! And in the movie, a Pokémon nobody yet knew of , one resembling a black shadow, will appear! And so will a certain Pokémon from the Alola region!

Marshadow:
It hid in Satoshi's shadow without anyone noticing. Is it actually Marshadow that's been guiding Satoshi as well?!
(A Pokémon quietly appeared from Satoshi's shadow!)

Cross:
A Trainer that travels with a Gaogaen. He believes that strength is everything.

Gaogaen:
In addition to moves that shoot out fire, it also specializes in punching and kicking!

Pochama:
Makoto's partner. It gets carried away rather easily.

Lucario:
Soji's partner. It has the power to read others' emotions.

Lizardon:
Does Satoshi meet this Pokémon somewhere on his journey...?

Soji:
He knows extremely much about Pokémon, and his goal is to eventually become a Pokémon Professor.

Makoto:
An energetic girl Trainer that's Satoshi's equal!

Joy:
She will treat injured Pokémon at the Pokémon Center.

Bonji:
A researcher that has chased after Houou for a long time.

Janovy

Banned
Lizardon:
See, I don't get this.

They literally mention Ash gets a Charmander and then out of the blue there are talking about a Charizard and wonder where Ash meets it.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
See, I don't get this.

They literally mention Ash gets a Charmander and then out of the blue there are talking about a Charizard and wonder where Ash meets it.

I think they might troll us.
Lizardon:

Answer: Yes he meets it but as a Charmander.

I really hope this is not another Charizard. One Charizard is more than enough already. How many can they shove down our throats?

Spyro39

Okay, so far, it's been confirmed that Ash gets Butterfree and Charmander. I guess spoiling too many captures for Ash will ruin the surprises in this movie.

See, I don't get this.

Yeah, that doesn't make sense at all. Is that Charizard the same as Ash's Charmander or not though?

Status
Not open for further replies.