• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Dec 11: Movie 21 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
To me, Soji seems a cross (PUN INTENDED!) of Sawyer, Clemont and a bit of Gary (post-defeat on Johto where he quits the trainer gig to become a professor) already.

Soji being a mix of Clemont and post-Johto Gary I can see because of the whole professor design but Sawyer? Honestly, the only thing I see the between the two is color scheme and twig arms and legs.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Well so far I'd say there's been fanservice for gen 1, with the obvious return to roots for Ash and Pikachu and his Kanto attire, gen 2 fanservice with Ho Oh and the three legendary Beasts, gen 4 fanservice with Piplup and Lucario, and gen 7 fanservice with Cross having Incineroar and Lycanroc. I wonder in what forms will they they throw in references and fanservice for gens 3, 5 and 6.

Hayashi is MASSIVE gen 3 fanservice.

SinnohEevee

I would like if Ash meets Ho-Oh in the main anime too, not only in an AU. I would like to have Ho-Oh finally befriend him.
Maybe when Ash returns to Kanto after his stay in Alola, Ho-Oh appears to him and talks to him telepathically.

Nafsika

I can't wait for the new movie!!! The ending song was really good and the scenes they showed us were awesome!!! I laughted with Pikachu eloctrocute only Ash!!! And the playful scenes between them were really nice!!!
Only two weeks and we will get more that just a small pic!!! Just a little while!!!

Janovy

Banned

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
So "Oración" (prayer in Spanish) is getting some lyrics? Nice. Hopefully I won't cringe on the pronunciation of either the sub or dub. A very hard word to pronounce it seems if you don't practice. The dub kept giving it a long "o" sound which ticked me off.
Edit: That's if the title is included. For all I know it could be the Japanese equivalent of "prayer".

Janovy

Banned
Oh.

I thought it was a Pokemon.
Um, okay.

Anyway, it's a beautiful song, IMO. It's amusing they're using a DP movie song sung by an artist from the Jirachi movie.

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
So "Oración" (prayer in Spanish) is getting some lyrics? Nice. Hopefully I won't cringe on the pronunciation of either the sub or dub. A very hard word to pronounce it seems if you don't practice. The dub kept giving it a long "o" sound which ticked me off.
Edit: That's if the title is included. For all I know it could be the Japanese equivalent of "prayer".
If you expect TPCi to dub this song, you have too much hope.

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
If you expect TPCi to dub this song, you have too much hope.

They did include "Oración" in the Darkrai movie so it's possible. Alice played it on the leaf whistle and the Time-Space towers played it too. Although you might be right. My hope in it being dubbed is probably the same chance either language pronounces "oración" correctly. :D

That ending song is so cute omg! I love it to pieces. As for the footage shown, they added a couple of other scenes at the end... what was interesting was that Ash was falling to the ground from seemingly a high place, while holding Pikachu. I wonder what happened there?

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
They did include "Oración" in the Darkrai movie so it's possible. Alice played it on the leaf whistle and the Time-Space towers played it too. Although you might be right. My hope in it being dubbed is probably the same chance either language pronounces "oración" correctly. :D
Yeah, but in that movie it was part of the bgm (and back then they used to keep all of it). Now it's used as an ending, and will be gone, alongside 90% of the bgm.

roguedr4g0nite

WishiWashi Trainer
Darn. Guess I'll have to settle for another variation of Soul Heart

Pokemon Power

It's almost that time again, and I still can't tell if this movie takes place in an alternate dimension separate from the main anime.

Xuxuba

Why would you NOT click on the link it says has a presentation of the song when you have a question about the song...?

I have dyslexia and sometimes i don't read things quite well especially things that aren't written in my first language but thanks anyway.

Pokemon Power

I think it's pretty obvious it's an alternate take.

Would make sense. Since they are saying Ultra Sun and Moon are alternate takes as well. Remember when the 10th, 11th and 12th movies were paired together as a trilogy? Wouldn't be surprised if they did it again with this and the next two movies. Perhaps the Ash from the main series could meet the Ash from this movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.