• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Dec 11: Movie 21 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

I mean Makoto doesn't have to resemble that particular women. She could just take after her father, lol.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Guess that movie is really going to have me burst into tears

If Pikachu is indeed talking. I kinda always wanted something like that happen ever since the final Beyblade episode. Thought the gimmick of having Dragoon talk to Tyson was a good gimmick and something Pokémon could do one day.

I mean, I haven't seen the movie, but if Makoto is from Azalea, that doesn't really make sense. Also, don't really see any family resemblance if true. She looks more like Jasmine if it's gonna go "related to a canon character" route

I hate the Spoiler tags here.

I think

She being from Azalea doesn't rule out her relation to Cynthia since I recall the character saying - in the games - that where she lives is a mystery (not sure if it's been confirmed as that vila on Unova but whatever)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
PokeBeach has a summary of the film.

According to that:

Might actually not be Cynthia. It was a woman "with blonde hair". The guy who saw the movie didn't seem clear who it was.

God I really hope she isn't
Cynthia looks like she's in her early 20s for crying out loud.
Makato doesn't even look anything like her, she looks more like an offspring of Hilbert or Hilda than Cynthia
Plus what's really the point of making her her mother? That'd just be more meaningless gen 4 pandering when it's not even getting a remake yet.
Gen 5 and 3 Pokemon/Characters need some love too

Red and Blue

So was the death straight bloody death, simple fainting, or the usual petrification nonsense?

And why isn't anyone talking about Cross and Souji? What happens to them?

Ash was straight up vaporized. All that was left of him was Pikachu's PokeBall

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Guess that movie is really going to have me burst into tears

If Pikachu is indeed talking. I kinda always wanted something like that happen ever since the final Beyblade episode. Thought the gimmick of having Dragoon talk to Tyson was a good gimmick and something Pokémon could do one day.

I think

She being from Azalea doesn't rule out her relation to Cynthia since I recall the character saying - in the games - that where she lives is a mystery (not sure if it's been confirmed as that vila on Unova but whatever)

Anime Cynthia has a confirmed hometown in Celestic. Since her grandmother also lives in Celestic in both 'verses, I figured her hometown doesn't vary. Don't remember much of game Cynthia honestly. Apparently she appears in HGSS and according to the Pokemon wiki: "Sinjoh Ruins is an event-only area located to the north of the Johto Region, bearing features similar to that of both Sinnoh and Johto lifestyles, hence the name. This location is home to an area known as the Mystri Stage, which can resurrect one of the legendary trio if Arceus is brought forth. Cynthia, the Sinnoh Champion, is temporarily living there, and comments that it brings back memories of her home, Sinnoh."

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

Everything about this movie sounds great. Some parts seem rushed and other more questionable decisions like leaving out Bulbasaur and Squirtle make me cringe, but all in all I'm enjoying what I'm reading. Glad Gary wasn't entirely replaced, can't wait to see him and Soji have a Pokemon Professor Battle in the inevitable fanart.

Ash actually dying for real this time and Pikachu talking is what makes this movie a 10/10. Looking forward to our boy taking charge once again and being revived in the most badass way possible.

Can't wait for the sequel for the 40th anniversary

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
God I really hope she isn't
Cynthia looks like she's in her early 20s for crying out loud.
Makato doesn't even look anything like her, she looks more like an offspring of Hilbert or Hilda than Cynthia
Plus what's really the point of making her her mother? That'd just be more meaningless gen 4 pandering when it's not even getting a remake yet.
Gen 5 and 3 Pokemon/Characters need some love too

M20 Universe =/= Anime Universe, you know.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Anyone's feeling bad for Marshasdow.
It looks too cute to be some kind of extreme villain who kills humans... for what reason again?

I wonder what even made Marshadow act like this. There better be an explanation.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
M20 Universe =/= Anime Universe, you know.

I mean Cynthia in general, look at her she's clearly 20 or even 30 at the latest. There's no way she could be a mother.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I mean Cynthia in general, look at her she's clearly 20 or even 30 at the latest. There's no way she could be a mother.

Not that I believe it either, but Ash's mother is also quite young. 28/29 if we go by Shudo.

Red and Blue

Lusamine is forty yet she barely looks older than Gladion and Lillie

Lusamine is forty yet she barely looks older than Gladion and Lillie

It doesn't matter to me, the whole idea of Cynthia being Makoto's mother is just stupid to me since there's no need for it.

Red and Blue

I couldn't find any mention of a preview for next years film. Could they be hiding something?

So basically, Makoto's massively massive plot twist was that her mother is Cynthia? Was that it, and nothing else? Because if so then that's the biggest let-down I've had in a while. The movie still seems great, much better than the others, but that's really underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.