• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Dec 11: Movie 21 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Their opinions. It may be best to wait and see it for yourself.

Otherwise, combining both your take and Dephender's take, it seems to be mixed.

Even if some of the audience who saw the film disliked it, I've learned not to take their opinions too seriously myself cuz I tend to like most of the unpopular Pokemon films any ways ha ha. I'm just excited regarding the supposed old character cameos in the film's end credits.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
To be fair, isn't the screening available for one day at a single location? I mean, of course it would attract specific people interested in the movie, but it's hardly a large number to rely on for a definite review.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
So Ash gets straight up vaporized ... only to come back minutes later. Jean Grey at least waited several issues to come back from the dead. It's official, Ash is a comic book character.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
So Ash gets straight up vaporized ... only to come back minutes later. Jean Grey at least waited several issues to come back from the dead. It's official, Ash is a comic book character.

He's OUR Superman.

(at least for me)

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
He's OUR Superman.

(at least for me)

He's our Mr. Immortal, the superhero whose only power is being able to come back from the dead via deus ex machina

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
looks like it'll be a fine movie. ending sounds kinda odd, but it seems alright. i'll give it watch once it gets subbed/dubbed.

SinnohEevee

Did Marshadow need to appear? And how did Makoto get her Piplup if she's from Johto? Her mother is Queen Cynthia?

Sivni

Those Movie spoilers are, uh, quite something.

Apologies if this has been asked/answered already, but

-Does Ash really only have 3 Pokemon with him?

-Does he enter the League?

Not sure if it's a one time deal, but it would be cool if they resolve the GS ball featuring Kris or Ethan. What if these movies are for unresolved plots? We haven't seen Ho-Oh since Battle Frontier and here we are, filming the mythical bird gets to shine from the ashes!

IcySealeo

After reading the summary, I didn't find the movie that interesting. They just made an alternate version of Ash's journey but it wasn't needed in the first place. I prefer they would just make a movie with Ash's companions like every movie.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Sounds like a nice mold breaking adventure and time from what I'm reading, I had skipped the last few Pokemon movies but this one seems actually not like a copy paste of the usual. Thank god.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
The Movie sounds quite interesting from what I've read. However, some parts definitely do sound a bit over the top. Overall though, I'm quite keen to watch this when possible.

Those Movie spoilers are, uh, quite something.

Apologies if this has been asked/answered already, but

-Does Ash really only have 3 Pokemon with him?

-Does he enter the League?

-Yes, he does, and Butterfree actually gets released like in the anime, but it doesn't really matter too much. Actually, I prefer that he only has three Pokemon.

-No, since the league isn't Ash's main goal in this movie. His main goal here is to find Ho-oh. He still wants to take on the league, but he never gets close to attempting it on-screen.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Concerning Makoto...

She's actually from Twinleaf Town, not Azalea. Guess Cynthia is confirmed as her mother then I guess. (And this confirms DP remakes/sequels are next! ...after Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon)

http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/07/pokemon-i-choose-you-movie-20-summary

Like Nerdy McNerdface, I'm not too happy about this, except for the totally opposite reason. While Nerdy hates Cynthia, I love Cynthia, and I'm annoyed that a stupid kid like Makoto is the supposed daughter of someone badass like her, though I'm actually interested to know who is Makoto's father actually.

Anyway, all this isn't cannon right? So DP remakes may not even follow this.

Everything12

[spoil]Question did they say that the Switch games are coming next after USM or did they just say that it was beginning development? With all the hints in the movie with the abundance of DP Pokemon for seemingly no reason, the Oracion song being used as the ending, and of course Makoto's secret, as well as the fact that DP Pokemon were mentioned in the game at the Dimensional Research Lab makes me think that DP remakes next year for the 3DS seems more likely.

Also I have I have no opinion about Makoto's secret myself its not like it effects the story much, the movie definitely seems different to the standard plotline the movies have been using lately might actually be quite good, doesn't seem like it as good as the first few movies though.[/spoil]

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
[spoil]Question did they say that the Switch games are coming next after USM or did they just say that it was beginning development? With all the hints in the movie with the abundance of DP Pokemon for seemingly no reason, the Oracion song being used as the ending, and of course Makoto's secret, as well as the fact that DP Pokemon were mentioned in the game at the Dimensional Research Lab makes me think that DP remakes next year for the 3DS seems more likely.

Also I have I have no opinion about Makoto's secret myself its not like it effects the story much, the movie definitely seems different to the standard plotline the movies have been using lately might actually be quite good, doesn't seem like it as good as the first few movies though.[/spoil]

[spoil]They just mentioned a Core Pokemon game for the switch was being developed, for roughly more than a year from now as a possible release time. So it's slightly beyond just development at this stage I feel, albeit still a long way to go for completion. I too can envision possibly DP remakes or Sequels, but I think they'll be for the Switch. The 3DS seems outdated now, and I highly doubt they'll release another set of remakes on the same console after ORAS.

I think Gamefreak could even plan something special with the Switch game, which could be a new gen + Sinnoh for all we know. The only thing is the release date, whether it is 2018 or 2019. Obviously, people say 2019 would be more realistic to keep gen 7 at three years. But, I feel it's equally possible for the Switch game to come out in 2018, since they announced it in E3 this year. If the switch game was going to take so long, I feel they would've announced it during next year's E3. Furthermore, the shock of seeing the Akala Trials being rushed tells me that the anime team might be really hurrying up with the series.

So yeah, hints for potential DP remakes / Sequels are there, but I think it'll be for the switch and not the 3DS.[/spoil]

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
So the new traveling partners really didn't amount to anything, huh.
I didn't care much about the situation before, but now I'm on the side of people who wanted Misty & Brock back. Atleast we could have some new interactions of Ash with characters we already know.

Status
Not open for further replies.