• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Dec 11: Movie 21 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLK2707

So the new traveling partners really didn't amount to anything, huh.
I didn't care much about the situation before, but now I'm on the side of people who wanted Misty & Brock back. Atleast we could have some new interactions of Ash with characters we already know.

I wonder if Ash's Charmeleon obeys him this time in the movie.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Official site has updated:
Want more info on the movie? Here's enough to tide you over

Also, the site has premiered its social media campaign subsite, where you can see impressions from people that have seen the movie. As mentioned before, everyone that gets featured here have a chance to win an exclusive t-shirt.

Concerning Makoto...

She's actually from Twinleaf Town, not Azalea. Guess Cynthia is confirmed as her mother then I guess. (And this confirms DP remakes/sequels are next! ...after Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon)

http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/07/pokemon-i-choose-you-movie-20-summary

And this is exactly why you were told to not take anything from that site all that seriously. They have a terrible track record for stuff like this.

Kein

AKA Silktree
And this is exactly why you were told to not take anything from that site all that seriously. They have a terrible track record for stuff like this.
Lighten up. The summary came from someone completely unrelated to WPM who made a simple mistake and fixed it.

We have two separate summaries that largely say the same thing. That should be good enough unless you're needlessly pedantic and expect an accurate account of 100% of the movie.

Cat's Eye Draco

Like Nerdy McNerdface, I'm not too happy about this, except for the totally opposite reason. While Nerdy hates Cynthia, I love Cynthia, and I'm annoyed that a stupid kid like Makoto is the supposed daughter of someone badass like her, though I'm actually interested to know who is Makoto's father actually.

Yeah, I'm pretty much indifferent to the Makoto/Cynthia connection, as well. I can't say as I mind it much, but it is a little underwhelming compared to the Secret Villain theories from before. (Not to mention it blows our one and only chance of seeing an evil Piplup on the big screen.) :p

That said, I'm kinda curious about who her father might be, myself. I haven't the faintest idea who it might actually be, but I have to admit that something about her face (maybe the shape of her eyes) actually kinda reminds me of Looker of all people. :confused:

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
That was the big reveal? That was what we were WMG all this time for? Really? Does it even have character relevance? Just give me a little angst from having such a powerful mother yet can't live up to that. It's an interesting concept for champions to have children who can't live up to it, yet from the summary, that is only depicted as an easter egg

Red and Blue

Any spoilers about the old man with Red's hat? I couldn't find any in any of the websites with spoilers.

Sivni

-Yes, he does, and Butterfree actually gets released like in the anime, but it doesn't really matter too much. Actually, I prefer that he only has three Pokemon.

-No, since the league isn't Ash's main goal in this movie. His main goal here is to find Ho-oh. He still wants to take on the league, but he never gets close to attempting it on-screen.

Wow, what a gutsy individual this Ash is. I guess it's balanced due to the fact that Charizard obeys him.

Pokemon Power

[spoil]I'm guessing the Rainbow Wing got Marshadow out of control.[/spoil]

Any word on the teaser for the 21st movie? I'm wondering if we'll see this alternate world again.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I read the summary.

Suuuuuuuuuuure. This Butterfree leaving with a pink Butterfree isn't nostalgia. They are really using nostalgia, but in this kind of movie, it only looks like they're getting rid of the butterfly so suddenly for the sake of nostalgia. Had this been another kind of movie, this sort of thing would've been a theme that would continue to the end.

I'm underwhelmed how it doesn't mention Ash's movie companions doing something memorable besides goals. Poor kids are being utterly used for marketable purposes: just being there.

I feel like we're missing something big from Marshadow suddenly going bonkers.

By the way, we so need a spoiler button we can use for the Quick Reply textbox.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

[spoil]They just mentioned a Core Pokemon game for the switch was being developed, for roughly more than a year from now as a possible release time. So it's slightly beyond just development at this stage I feel, albeit still a long way to go for completion. I too can envision possibly DP remakes or Sequels, but I think they'll be for the Switch. The 3DS seems outdated now, and I highly doubt they'll release another set of remakes on the same console after ORAS.

I think Gamefreak could even plan something special with the Switch game, which could be a new gen + Sinnoh for all we know. The only thing is the release date, whether it is 2018 or 2019. Obviously, people say 2019 would be more realistic to keep gen 7 at three years. But, I feel it's equally possible for the Switch game to come out in 2018, since they announced it in E3 this year. If the switch game was going to take so long, I feel they would've announced it during next year's E3. Furthermore, the shock of seeing the Akala Trials being rushed tells me that the anime team might be really hurrying up with the series.

So yeah, hints for potential DP remakes / Sequels are there, but I think it'll be for the switch and not the 3DS.[/spoil]

Not really since it seems like the Switch games are still early in development considering their still in the process of hiring for HD development, and given how much work goes into a new generation and that this is the first time a main series games is coming out for a home console(even if said home console is a hybrid), it's likely that the earliest that the switch games would come out would be 2019. If it takes them 3 years to develop a main series game going from hand held to hand held then if there still in the early stages of development right now of the switch games then it does not make since that somehow magically the main series games that are going from a hand held to a home console(even if that home console is a hybrid) that some how it would take less time then from going to hand held to a hand held. Also it's likely the only reason that they announce that they were working on main series games for the switch was likely because the backlash they got for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon being on the 3d's instead of the switch.

Plus why would it make any sense for the D&P remakes to be the first main series games on the switch when they would still be considered gen 7 games, plus your talking about making a completely brand new engine and creating all new models for everything, at that point it's just better to make a completely new generation.

Where if D&P remakes were to come out before the gen 8 games then it would make more sense for them to be for the 3d's as they could use a lot of the model from Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and even be able to cut down on the work by being able to use the same engine.

Plus going by the logic that oh the 3d's seems out of date now so that means that if the D&P remakes come out before the gen 8 games that they should before the switch because they seem out to date, well you use a similar argument about Black 2 and White 2 and say that oh they should have come out on the 3d's because the Nintendo ds seemed to be out of date and yet in the end that didn't stop Black 2 and White 2 from coming out on the Ds'.

The point if the D&P remakes wind up coming out before the gen 8 games then they will most likely before the Nintendo 3d's while if they come out after the gen 8 games then they would be for the switch.

[spoil]Question did they say that the Switch games are coming next after USM or did they just say that it was beginning development? With all the hints in the movie with the abundance of DP Pokemon for seemingly no reason, the Oracion song being used as the ending, and of course Makoto's secret, as well as the fact that DP Pokemon were mentioned in the game at the Dimensional Research Lab makes me think that DP remakes next year for the 3DS seems more likely.

Also I have I have no opinion about Makoto's secret myself its not like it effects the story much, the movie definitely seems different to the standard plotline the movies have been using lately might actually be quite good, doesn't seem like it as good as the first few movies though.[/spoil]

To answer your question, no they never said that the switch games were going to be the next main series games to come after Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and that there wasn't going to be another main series game between the release of USUM and the switch games. All they said in regards to the switch games where that they would come out in more then a year. The whole idea that the next main series games that come out after Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are the switch games is just something a lot of people are assuming because they think that D&P remakes can't come out on the 3d's before the switch games and that because of something about there being four pentagons or shapes or something in the datamine for Sun and Moon that it means that there can't be any other main series games for the 3d's after Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

technically in the end it's really up to gamefreak if they want for instance to release the D&P remakes for the 3d's before the switch games come out then they could regardless of what people might say. Now I'm not saying that it's guaranteed that the D&P remakes are the next games or that next games are the switch games. But in terms of it's possible that the D&P remakes could come out before the switch games and be for the Nintendo 3d's and maybe come out next year or the year after then, then yes it is possible that, that could happen and I don't think it's right for people to just completely rule it out and try to say that next main series games have to be the switch games, as at this point it could go either way.

Although on that note I do expect that were probably going to get a year break which will happen in either 2018 or 2019. Basically if the D&P remakes do come out before the switch games then it would most likely mean that the switch games wouldn't come out until 2020 because I highly doubt were going to have a case of getting a main series game for 4 years in a row, meaning that either 2018 or 2019 will be a break year so here is how it would work if the D&P remakes were to come out before the gen 8 games"

2016: Sun and Moon
2017:Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
2018: D&P remakes
2019: Break
2020: gen 8 games for the switch

2018: Break
2019: D&P remakes
2020: gen 8 games for the switch

now if the gen 8 games do wind up being the next games to come out then the earliest I could see them coming out would be in 2019, so that would look something like this:

2018: Break
2019: gen 8 games for the switch
2020: D&P remakes

Either way if we do get a main series game in 2018 then they only main series game that I could see that could realistically come out in 2018 would be the D&P remakes otherwise it will just be a break year.

Although it interesting that, much Sinnoh stuff is in the movie.

Last edited:

Tuoko

[spoil]Question did they say that the Switch games are coming next after USM or did they just say that it was beginning development? With all the hints in the movie with the abundance of DP Pokemon for seemingly no reason, the Oracion song being used as the ending, and of course Makoto's secret, as well as the fact that DP Pokemon were mentioned in the game at the Dimensional Research Lab makes me think that DP remakes next year for the 3DS seems more likely.

Also I have I have no opinion about Makoto's secret myself its not like it effects the story much, the movie definitely seems different to the standard plotline the movies have been using lately might actually be quite good, doesn't seem like it as good as the first few movies though.[/spoil]

[spoil]Considering there's only 4 spots in Bank for Gen 7 games, and they've already used all four spots with SM and USUM, we can cross out DP remakes for the 3DS.

I think all the Sinnoh stuff, at least in the movie, is just because Gen 4 is the most popular in Japan aside from Gen 1.

Though I'm not sure how I feel about Makoto's secret... I wish it was plot related, but nope.[/spoil]

Pteranodonte

-Yes, he does, and Butterfree actually gets released like in the anime, but it doesn't really matter too much. Actually, I prefer that he only has three Pokemon.

-No, since the league isn't Ash's main goal in this movie. His main goal here is to find Ho-oh. He still wants to take on the league, but he never gets close to attempting it on-screen.

Really? Only three Pokémon and one of them was also released? Well, as expected this movie is garbage. I can't believe that they made an anniversary movie without including all the original six member of Ash's party and his old companions.

Janovy

Banned
Really? Only three Pokémon and one of them was also released? Well, as expected this movie is garbage. I can't believe that they made an anniversary movie without including all the original six member of Ash's party and his old companions.
Let me guess, if they did that, people like you would call everything too rushed and fast paced and call the movie garbage anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.