• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Jul 15: Movie 20 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: I Choose You! (Dec 11: Movie 21 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshSerena

Was there a teaser for next year's movie?

There was , at the ending it said something like " New movie 2018 summer"

How would you rank in Pokemon movies? People here were saying movie was bad without watching film because no brock and misty

it was 10/10 imo , i dont think it is that bad that people said it is worse than hoopa, but this is my opinion tho, :x
What i liked about this movie are the old Bgm they used, they make tears some people inside the theater, Makoto is really interesting character , i hope she will make appearance in anime series too, the animation,

what i dont like is what they did for TR role here, TR did was nothing but a comedy...

Are they any guest star appearences by any more of ash's other pokemon?

nope no guest star apperance.

if there's one, Gary who show up on flashback when Oak saying there was already someone who gotten Squirtel, but did not show the face, only the back lol

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
What do you know..people actually watched the movie and LIKED it instead of judging it based off a summary. Happy to hear people liked it.

Hoennking

Turns out no one really cares about misty or Brock. Like people in this thread were whining about. Japan is enjoying the movie. When the movie gets subs and dub is premiered on tv. I will be enjoying movie tooo

Spyro39

So much for all the naysayers who thought the movie was going to be trash and a box office bomb just because it didn't comply to their demands. Maybe this will teach them a lesson of how not to judge a movie by its premise and summaries and to actually give it a chance before claiming that it'll be terrible.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

And as a follow-up to this:
The official site now has a subsite up where they request "information" and photos of the Nyarth balloon from the people that spot it as it flies around.

So essentially a social media campaign. There are implications you can win prizes by participating as well, but they haven't posted full details yet.

And then another update:
The usual weekly list of relevant magazines and TV shows.
Make sure to watch Oha Suta every day this week as well. Movie info every single day.

Last edited:

Illusio

No words, only rage
It's funny how people are saying 'that's what you get for thinking this movie sucks without seeing it' when A) the majority of you haven't seen the movie yourselves, and B) most people who weren't happy with the movie (especially those on this forum) didn't expect it to bomb.

Maybe instead of trying to act pompous, you should practice what you preach and wait to see the movie like you keep telling the detractors.

Last edited:

Hoennking

It's funny how people are saying 'that's what you get for thinking this movie sucks without seeing it' when A) the majority of you haven't seen the movie yourselves, and B) most people who weren't happy with the movie didn't expect it to bomb.

Maybe instead of trying to act pompous, you should practice what you preach and wait to see the movie like you keep telling the detractors.

Wanting a movie to flop and not liking the movie is 2 different things. Movie is getting its best opening in years. The people that wanted a movie flop because they do some nostalgia wankfest and all the people hardwork go into vain. It's good to know film is succeeding

Janovy

Banned
It's funny how people are saying 'that's what you get for thinking this movie sucks without seeing it' when A) the majority of you haven't seen the movie yourselves, and B) most people who weren't happy with the movie (especially those on this forum) didn't expect it to bomb.

Are you seriously comparing people who judged the movie harshly without seeing it with people who just wanted everyone to keep an open mind about the movie?

Because if you are..I don't know what to say. I will gladly act pompous to see all the haters shut down. They are the ones who brought down all the negativity on the movie, not us.

Illusio

No words, only rage
Wanting a movie to flop and not liking the movie is 2 different things. Movie is getting its best opening in years. The people that wanted a movie flop because they do some nostalgia wankfest and all the people hardwork go into vain. It's good to know film is succeeding

And very few (if any) in this forum (and Bulbapedia from what I've seen) wanted or expected it to bomb, you're basically making a strawman out of a very small few just because you don't agree with them about their disappointment. I can understand if you don't care about Brock or Misty, but that doesn't change the fact that many do like them and we're hoping they'd be back, so of couRSE they'll be disappointed and that will affect their enjoyment (on top of what other flaws may exists).

So really, drop the attitude and just wait to see a movie you're looking forward to and form your own opinions, you're not getting anywhere bashing imaginary strawmans.

Are you seriously comparing people who judged the movie harshly without seeing it with people who just wanted everyone to keep an open mind about the movie?

Because if you are..I don't know what to say. I will gladly act pompous to see all the haters shut down. They are the ones who brought down all the negativity on the movie, not us.

No, I'm calling out your hypocrisy for trying to say this is a good movie without seeing it despite in turn calling out detractors for doing the same. You can form assessments over summaries, but if you're trying to pretend this is better after criticizing it earlier you're not really above them nor do you have any pedestal to stand on.

Last edited:

Sivni

Hey guys wha's going on in this th-oh wow.

Um, I'm glad the Japanese audience likes the movie so far. Gives me hope.

Hoennking

And very few (if any) in this forum (and Bulbapedia from what I've seen) wanted or expected it to bomb, you're basically making a strawman out of a very small few just because you don't agree with them about their disappointment. I can understand if you don't care about Brock or Misty, but that doesn't change the fact that many do like them and we're hoping they'd be back, so of couRSE they'll be disappointed and that will affect their enjoyment (on top of what other flaws may exists).

So really, drop the attitude and just wait to see a movie you're looking forward to and form your own opinions, you're not getting anywhere bashing imaginary strawmans.

No, I'm calling out your hypocrisy for trying to say this is a good movie without seeing it despite in turn calling out detractors for doing the same. You're not really above them if you're doing the same thing on the opposite end of the spectrum nor do you have any pedestal to stand on if you don't stick by your own principles.

Well the small minority that did want it to bomb. Had a very spoiled arrogance about them. That was very off putting thinking they will get there way. It's satisfying to know movie succeeded and there bubbles were burst.

There was someone here who purposely lied and said the pre order tickets were bad. Brock and misty are missed some fans not me I understand that but them not being in movie wasn't the end all of the films quality

Janovy

Banned
No, I'm calling out your hypocrisy for trying to say this is a good movie without seeing it despite in turn calling out detractors for doing the same. You can form assessments over summaries, but if you're trying to pretend this is better after criticizing it earlier you're not really above them nor do you have any pedestal to stand on.
Oh sweetie, there is no hypocrisy, because unlike the haters, I never judged the movie's quality from the summary. :rolleyes:

I always said things like 'this movie sounds good', but I never outright declared it the best movie ever. So yeah, nice try. If you want to debate me, find some legit arguments instead of coming up with lies to support your own delusions. I would suggest you don't talk about stuff you have zero clue about. :/

Last edited:

Spyro39

Of course we understood their disappointment that Misty and Brock weren't going to be in this movie. Some people who still looked forward to this movie, including myself, were disappointed as well upon knowing this. The problem is, while some of us kept an open-mind, the people that were against this decision acted like they knew it was going to be trash and a failure, or at the very least, wanted it to be a failure. It's one thing to be disappointed and upset that the movie didn't turn out the way you expected. It's another to irrationally judge and want the movie to be instant trash and a total failure because it didn't give you what you wanted.

We never said that the movie was going to be good, let alone the best one ever. We said that people should not judge the movie based on the summaries, the premise, and the direction it was getting. Maybe the decision to replace Misty and Brock with brand new characters was for the better or worse, we don't know, so we can't assume it was a bad idea until we see it for ourselves. Whether we like this movie or not upon seeing it, we at least gave it a chance and can form our own opinion based on our personal experience.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So is the movie just a one time stand alone event or will more stuff like this be happening??

I think that was my one complaint about this movie is that I honestly don't see the purpose?? Like I now it's the 20th anniversary but wouldn't it have made more sense to make it about our Ash instead of an alternate universe one?? I just don't see how this movie is honoring the legacy of the anime by rewriting into something different.

The only positive I see with this movie right now is that it shows off a bit more of Ho-Oh who never really got the chance to shine.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
So is the movie just a one time stand alone event or will more stuff like this be happening??

I think that was my one complaint about this movie is that I honestly don't see the purpose?? Like I now it's the 20th anniversary but wouldn't it have made more sense to make it about our Ash instead of an alternate universe one?? I just don't see how this movie is honoring the legacy of the anime by rewriting into something different.

The only positive I see with this movie right now is that it shows off a bit more of Ho-Oh who never really got the chance to shine.

You bring up my exact complaint of the movie. Yeah sure, lack of Misty and Brock was one thing, which was disappointing no doubt, but wasn't the main deal breaker for me. And sure from what I've seen, most people seen to enjoy the story for what it is in the movie, which is also great.

So while the movie itself may be good, looking at it overall, it just seems like there's no purpose of the movie. For a special occasion like the 20th anniversary, they set the whole thing in an AU with new one time characters and rewrite his whole Kanto journey. So I'm more upset with the direction and choices they made for this movie, not the story itself as I feel there were lots of missed opportunities to make something much grander for the 20th anniversary.

Last edited:

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master

A one time event, most likely. But it's very nature has opened up a new realm of possibilities in the form of multiple Ash incarnations and AU continuities. If Ash and Pikachu are to be treated like comic book characters, then it stands to have multiple versions to appease different target demographics rather than just one.

Status
Not open for further replies.