• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 10: XY035 - The Forest Champion! Enter Hawlucha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
Hopefully Froakie gets a win here. Seems like a good episode.

zzz1000120

If the writers are trying to make it have it's in game natural moveset than that punching attack may be Karate Chop or Wing Attack,if it's not than it could be Brick Break or even X Scissors.Hawlucha doesn't learn Cross Chop so i doubt it's that move.

As For the 4th move it most likely won't be shown here and maybe later on.I guess it would most likely be a Pure Flying type attack,if he doesn't have any flying moves shown,a fighting type attack if he only has High Jump Kick ,Flying Press and a Pure flying type move in his debut episode as his fighting type move,or a move of a different type,most likely Rock,Bug or Normal type

My mistake about the cross chop, I did mean Karate Chop, thanks for the correction.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Hopefully Froakie gets a win here. Seems like a good episode.

I hope it's the traditional: If you can beat me, I'll join you-type battle.. Not simply training or anything..

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I hope it's the traditional: If you can beat me, I'll join you-type battle.. Not simply training or anything..

From the looks of it, it seems like it'll be both since it feels like Ash helps Hawlucha train to learn Flying Press and, after they train and bond together, Hawlucha decides to go with Ash if he can beat it in battle

By the way, is Hawlucha reminding anyone else of El Grapadura from The Angry Beavers, because that was the first thing I thought of after seeing this trailer

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
From the looks of it, it seems like it'll be both since it feels like Ash helps Hawlucha train to learn Flying Press and, after they train and bond together, Hawlucha decides to go with Ash if he can beat it in battle

By the way, is Hawlucha reminding anyone else of El Grapadura from The Angry Beavers, because that was the first thing I thought of after seeing this trailer

Hmm.. I think it goes:
- Hawlucha tries to fight off the Machamp, succeeds, but then Ursaring comes in, and he fails.
- Ash and Hawlucha train to perfect Flying Press (with the log), Hawlucha fails, but Ash offers his hand as in: I'll help you bro.. Instant respect.
- Ursaring appears again, Hawlucha performs Flying Press: The neckbreaking flip it does in the extra ten second preview.
- Afterwards, Ash asks if it wants to join him, Hawlucha agrees after the battle with Froakie.

X Drake

I Am Groot
Well if Ash is really fighting Hawlucha to catch it(to prove he is strong enough to make Hawlucha join him)then this is going to be a good episode.

LizardonX

Banned
So anyone remember kalos already has its own big bad bear in the form of pangoro that would actually be more fitting for a forest terror than soemthing that's been used so many times before?

Also hawlucha has got to be the most redundant capture since palpitoad, and the worst part is we're not even guaranteed rotations here so he's just going to have 2 flying types clogging up his team in additon to charizard's return in the distant future.

Hellooooooooooooooooo clemont sweep at gym number 5.

X Drake

I Am Groot
So anyone remember kalos already has its own big bad bear in the form of pangoro that would actually be more fitting for a forest terror than soemthing that's been used so many times before?

Also hawlucha has got to be the most redundant capture since palpitoad, and the worst part is we're not even guaranteed rotations here so he's just going to have 2 flying types clogging up his team in additon to charizard's return in the distant future.

Hellooooooooooooooooo clemont sweep at gym number 5.
By the way your going ,Gliscor would be the most redundant since he was both Flying and ground type or and Gible too since he was part ground type.

If Charizard comes back it would be what?4-5 eps max?It won't make a difference plus Hawlucha is primarily fighting type while Fletchinder is primary fire type so they will both most likely have different type of fighting styles.

Also it won't be a sweep,you know why?Because all of the pokemon we have seen that Clement has at the gym are also at a disadvantage too Fletchinder and Hawlucha.

LizardonX

Banned
By the way your going ,Gliscor would be the most redundant since he was both Flying and ground type or and Gible too since he was part ground type.

If Charizard comes back it would be what?4-5 eps max?It won't make a difference plus Hawlucha is primarily fighting type while Fletchinder is primary fire type so they will both most likely have different type of fighting styles.

Also it won't be a sweep,you know why?Because all of the pokemon we have seen that Clement has at the gym are also at a disadvantage too Fletchinder and Hawlucha.

Your point? Palpitoad came after gliscor.

He would be Ash's mega which would suggest the remainder of the series once ash gets a mega stone.

because an electric gym leader designed to be faced 5th even in the show only has one electric type at his disposal. Sure.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes

He would be Ash's mega which would suggest the remainder of the series once ash gets a mega stone.

because an electric gym leader designed to be faced 5th even in the show only has one electric type at his disposal. Sure.
He has 3. 2 of which are weak to Fletchinder's Fire typing and all are weak to Hawlucha's Fighting typing. Not to mention Ash should have 1 more Pokémon by then

X Drake

I Am Groot

And yet,Hawlucha is not as redundant as Palpitoad since it's shown to use primarily fighting type moves.it would have been redundant if it had a majority of flying type moves.Also Hawlucha can't be considered redundant because he is going to be used a lot,unlike Palpitoad who was rarely used.

And when is Ash getting a Mega?Oh,wait we don't know,so it most likely could be towards the end or just around the time of the League,at which Ash might send Charizard back to Oak after everything is done.I doubt the writers are going to keep Charizard for more than 5 episodes,because if they did then Talonflame would become more redundant than Hawlucha since Charizard would completely overshadow Talonflame,and most likely all of Ash's other pokemon at the same time.

So Far we have seen Clement with three electric type pokemons,I don't know where you got the idea of one pokemon.Also we don't even know if Clement will be using an electric pokemon team only,he could use Bunnelby or Chespin also.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So Far we have seen Clement with three electric type pokemons,I don't know where you got the idea of one pokemon.Also we don't even know if Clement will be using an electric pokemon team only,he could use Bunnelby or Chespin also.

While I agree with you I have to point out that Clemont has 4 electric types counting Dedenne, even though he more than likely won't use it in Ash's gym battle

X Drake

I Am Groot
While I agree with you I have to point out that Clemont has 4 electric types counting Dedenne, even though he more than likely won't use it in Ash's gym battle

Yeah,forgot about Dedenne.I just remembered that it belongs to Clement.I keep forgetting that.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So was Ash battling Hawlucha with Froakie as part of the training regimen, or was he actually trying to capture it?

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
So was Ash battling Hawlucha with Froakie as part of the training regimen, or was he actually trying to capture it?

We don't know yet, but I hope it's the latter, especially if it is after he befriends it and finishes the training.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
We don't know yet, but I hope it's the latter, especially if it is after he befriends it and finishes the training.

I also hope that Ash battles Hawlucha when the training is over because I dislike Ash's "let's just be friends" approach where he just adds a Pokemon to his team without battling.

Shiny pokemon lower

Since he already will get his fightning pokemon in his upcoming Hawlucha, there is almost no chance he get one now. If he had both, one would probably be overshadowed, probably Hawlucha so that would not been a good idea either.

I'm agree that he should get a Riolu/Lucario in Sinnoh, but the writers probably thought something else...

LizardonX

Banned
He has 3. 2 of which are weak to Fletchinder's Fire typing and all are weak to Hawlucha's Fighting typing. Not to mention Ash should have 1 more Pokémon by then

Kind of a double standard to only apply type advantages that benefit ash doesn't it?

And yet,Hawlucha is not as redundant as Palpitoad since it's shown to use primarily fighting type moves.it would have been redundant if it had a majority of flying type moves.Also Hawlucha can't be considered redundant because he is going to be used a lot,unlike Palpitoad who was rarely used.

And when is Ash getting a Mega?Oh,wait we don't know,so it most likely could be towards the end or just around the time of the League,at which Ash might send Charizard back to Oak after everything is done.I doubt the writers are going to keep Charizard for more than 5 episodes,because if they did then Talonflame would become more redundant than Hawlucha since Charizard would completely overshadow Talonflame,and most likely all of Ash's other pokemon at the same time.

You don't know that hawlucha will be used a lot or that charizard will only be used at the league. Mega evolutions play too huge a role for it to end up like that.

There are some electric pokemon in the gym, doesn't mean clemont will be using them or even own them.

Status
Not open for further replies.