• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 10: XY035 - The Forest Champion! Enter Hawlucha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nameman

Kind of a double standard to only apply type advantages that benefit ash doesn't it?

You don't know that hawlucha will be used a lot or that charizard will only be used at the league. Mega evolutions play too huge a role for it to end up like that.

There are some electric pokemon in the gym, doesn't mean clemont will be using them or even own them.

Magneton and Heliolisk are almost guarantees to appear going by previous Gyms. Also, none of Ash's Pokemon do have type disadvantage for the next Gym.

X Drake

I Am Groot
You don't know that hawlucha will be used a lot or that charizard will only be used at the league. Mega evolutions play too huge a role for it to end up like that.

There are some electric pokemon in the gym, doesn't mean clemont will be using them or even own them.
And you don't know that Charizard will be used a lot.If Charizard does come back too early and stays for a long time so it's going to spend most of it's time as a regular Charizard,and not that much time as a Mega since I doubt Ash would use a Mega evolution a lot especially with Charizad unless he is up against an opponent with another mega or a legendary.Heck we don't even know if Charizard is going to be his mega pokemon this time.And like I also said before Charizard coming back means that Talonflame will be overshadowed and redundant since Charizard has the exact same type as he does.With him coming back for long time means that Ash's Kalos pokemon won't get a lot of strong fights since Ash would most likely use Charizard more.

Hawlucha is already being used quite a bit as it is,the moment after it's episode it gets a fight against a Talonflame,and it's also used in his movie against Ayaka.Also by the rate Ash is catching pokemon it looks like he will have as much pokemon as he did in Hoenn,or Sinnoh,so Hawlucha is definitely going to be used quite a number of times.

I'm pretty sure Clement owns the Magneton and Magnemite there,he himself asked if they remember him or not.And one of those pokemon are most likely going to be used against Ash.Especially if one of them evolve.

LizardonX

Banned
Being used in the short span of time after being caught doesn't mean anything in the long term, and movie hawucha just gets taken out by a move it 4X RESISTS.

And clemonts pokemon means nothing, unless if mega lucario gets canned before the battle anything that comes after mega luke won't have any challenge that isn't cheap and forced.

X Drake

I Am Groot
Being used in the short span of time after being caught doesn't mean anything in the long term, and movie hawucha just gets taken out by a move it 4X RESISTS.

And clemonts pokemon means nothing, unless if mega lucario gets canned before the battle anything that comes after mega luke won't have any challenge that isn't cheap and forced.
Well like I said,the main reason he most likely will be used a lot is because Ash will most likely catch only 5 to 6 pokemon in this region,so Hawlucha will definitely be involved in quite a number of battles since there won't be any rotations.

It's most likely going to take all of his pokemon to defeat M-Lucario so other pokemon will still be a challenge.And I don't see how Clement's pokemon mean nothing have to do with anything about my post.

Torpoleon

Since Fletchling will have evolved by the time the movie airs, doesn't that mean it will evolve in this episode?

diakyu

Is the preview the first mention/look at a COTD for this episode? I hadn't realized there was one in this episode, but I guess someone needs to explain the local wild pokemon.

Since Fletchling will have evolved by the time the movie airs, doesn't that mean it will evolve in this episode?
No, we know Fletchling is in the sky battle episode.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I think I was too harsh on Hawlucha when I first heard Ash would be getting it. It will grow on me like Palpitoad did. I wonder if Ash catching it and then it being the star in the Sky battle will make Fletchling jealous and willing to prove itself.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Battle looks great, I love Hawlucha already, but Hawlucha was already a Kalos Pokemon I was obsessed with so seeing it is awesome. Good to see Froakie out and about, I hope Fletchling or Pikachu gets wasted and Froakie weakens Hawlucha enough to get it. Not to many times do we see trainers resort to more than one Pokemon to pull off a capture. Hawlucha looks so majestic, dynamic and strong kicking the piss outta of Froakie and flying around.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Battle looks great, I love Hawlucha already, but Hawlucha was already a Kalos Pokemon I was obsessed with so seeing it is awesome. Good to see Froakie out and about, I hope Fletchling or Pikachu gets wasted and Froakie weakens Hawlucha enough to get it. Not to many times do we see trainers resort to more than one Pokemon to pull off a capture. Hawlucha looks so majestic, dynamic and strong kicking the piss outta of Froakie and flying around.

Poor Fletchling, does it really need another loss? I'd rather not see it at all than have it being the fall guy... again! I prefer to see it shine during its evolution episode, if it doesn't evolve here.

Besides, wouldn't Froakie being the only one to handle Hawlucha make his eventual win more impressive, since we see that Hawlucha is quite strong?

X Drake

I Am Groot
I hope Hawlucha uses quite a number of wrestling move(not pokemon moves).He already used Hurricana(or something like that)against Ursaring so I hope we see more of those kind of moves.

Poor Fletchling, does it really need another loss? I'd rather not see it at all than have it being the fall guy... again!

I prefer to see it shine during its evolution episode, if it doesn't evolve here.

All of Ash's bird pokemon always lose before they evolve,it's only after evolve do they start to shine.But Fletching at least got a win once unlike Ash's other bird pokemon in their first form.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I hope Hawlucha uses quite a number of wrestling move(not pokemon moves).He already used Hurricana(or something like that)against Ursaring so I hope we see more of those kind of moves.

That's something that I would like to see as well.

All of Ash's bird pokemon always lose before they evolve,it's only after evolve do they start to shine.But Fletching at least got a win once unlike Ash's other bird pokemon in their first form.

That doesn't mean that all of them have to lose. I appreciate the fact that it got a win, unlike the others, but it's quite depressing to see it as a useless Pokemon until it gets its saving grace (aka, evolution in Fletchinder). Why can't a basic bird be portrayed as a strong battler, for once?

LizardonX

Banned
Because basic birds are bottom of the barrel when it comes to power.

If someone catches a magikarp do people really expect it to get plenty of wins before evolving into gyarados? I think not.

zzz1000120

Because basic birds are bottom of the barrel when it comes to power.

If someone catches a magikarp do people really expect it to get plenty of wins before evolving into gyarados? I think not.

Didn't Ash and Dawn lose to a magikarp in DP? But yeah 99% of the time Ash only uses his basic birds for finding someone or something.

KKS-Lapras

That doesn't mean that all of them have to lose. I appreciate the fact that it got a win, unlike the others, but it's quite depressing to see it as a useless Pokemon until it gets its saving grace (aka, evolution in Fletchinder). Why can't a basic bird be portrayed as a strong battler, for once?

Fletchling has already accomplished more then any of the other birds in their base stage. Also, even when it loses, Fletchlinder usually gives off the impression of being competent in battle.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I wish Ash was using Fletchling against Hawlucha here instead of Froakie so that they could have an aerial battle, but alas. That's probably being saved for the Sky Battle episode.

nuzamaki90

From the Get preview, it looks like one of Hawlucha's moves are Take Down.

Froakie was also putting up a pretty good fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.