• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 10: XY035 - The Forest Champion! Enter Hawlucha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diakyu

After Hawlucha finishes spinning it looks a lot like flying press.

JD

Looks like Hawlucha does have some wrestling move and what was that move that froakie used at the end?

Pound. It would be awesome if Froakie learned Bounce and used it to defeat Hawlucha in a wrestler esque fashion.

Thriller

Its almost time
So Ash is getting a Hawlucha, huh? A nice little surprise I think, since he usually doesn't go for Fighting types (that aren't Starters).

zzz1000120

Pound. It would be awesome if Froakie learned Bounce and used it to defeat Hawlucha in a wrestler esque fashion.

That would be an interesting twist but sadly i don't think that would happen. At least, Ash will finally catch a pokemon, who might be a big powerhouse in his team.

KKS-Lapras

The other irony Froakie learning Bounce, would be that if it happened, it mean Ash has 3 Pokemon that know at least one Flying type move, since Hawlucha surely will know one as well.

Illusio

No words, only rage
Hawlucha looks pretty cool, I like the wrestling imagery they're giving it in the episode.

Based on the preview, I'm curious how Ash and Froakie will pull off their capture, maybe they use Double Team to throw it off?

What a tank of a Pokemon. Look at those moves. It's going to have some good battles :D
The preview makes it hard to distinguish between the training and capture.
I wanna know who that guy is in the background. Probably some ranger dude.

zzz1000120

I'm curious normally in these situations Ash would let pokemon like Hawlucha stay in the forest because of the pokemon's goal/title. The battle between Froakie and Hawlucha may only be training for Hawlucha's flying press so its possible that Hawlucha voluntarily let Ash catch him/her because s/he knows that there are stronger opponents out there.

LizardonX

Banned
What a tank of a Pokemon. Look at those moves. It's going to have some good battles :D
The preview makes it hard to distinguish between the training and capture.
I wanna know who that guy is in the background. Probably some ranger dude.

He gets mauled by megahorn in the movie.

a move he QUAD RESISTS

So its more like he's facing off against weak and insignificant mook pokemon now.

X Drake

I Am Groot
He gets mauled by megahorn in the movie.

a move he QUAD RESISTS

So its more like he's facing off against weak and insignificant mook pokemon now.
He was fighting a mega pokemon that gave Alain's Mega Charizard X a good fight.If he had given it an extremely good fight I would have been surprised at it's strength.

LizardonX

Banned
If something gets taken out in one hit by a legitimate enemy, it's not a tank.

random wild pokemon are meaningless in terms of strength.

X Drake

I Am Groot
If something gets taken out in one hit by a legitimate enemy, it's not a tank.

random wild pokemon are meaningless in terms of strength.

If that one enemy is extremely strong than getting KO in one hit is acceptable.And also is it confirmed that it is getting KOed in one hit?

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I wouldn't take the manga as the definitive proof. Even the Mewtwo's manga was slightly different than the movie in term of battles and events. It's very well possible that some scenes have been adapted.

Also, we know that Absol is very strong. If Hawlucha will beat Talonflame in the next episode with a disadvantage, I don't see why a Mega Absol can't beat it even with a not very effective move.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
i just hope, hawlucha doesnt get too much spotlight and steal away the limelight from fletchinder!!

Meh apparently people don't care about Fletchinder. They all want Hawlucha to star against Korrina even though it's literally the perfect place for Fletchinder to star.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Meh apparently people don't care about Fletchinder. They all want Hawlucha to star against Korrina even though it's literally the perfect place for Fletchinder to star.

Fletchinder can easily star with Ramos, have a nice role absorbing Fairy attacks and have a shot with Wulfric. It has plenty of chances to shine. The only question is... will the producers let it?

zzz1000120

It weird that at first people don't want hawlucha because of the flying type thing with fletchinder but now its like everything needs hawlucha. The sky battle episode would be another nice place where fletch can shine but we already know who going to take the final battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.