• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 10: XY035 - The Forest Champion! Enter Hawlucha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diakyu

Meh apparently people don't care about Fletchinder. They all want Hawlucha to star against Korrina even though it's literally the perfect place for Fletchinder to star.
The perfect place is the grass gym where both of Fletchinder's types are supereffective.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Fletchinder can easily star with Ramos, have a nice role absorbing Fairy attacks and have a shot with Wulfric. It has plenty of chances to shine. The only question is... will the producers let it?

I agree with this, but the same applies to Hawlucha..

Mega Lucario: Weak to Fire and Fighting..
Ramos' lot: Weak to Fire and Flying, so technically more advantageous for Fletchinder, especially since his Jumpluff and Weepinbell aren't weak to Fighting-type moves..
Clemont: Magneton is weak to both Fighting and Fire, so there's the two birds vying for their win, but Hawlucha has an edge over Heliolisk that Fletchinder doesn't have.
Valerie: Fletchinder has the resistance. Hawlucha has the weakness, double so to Mr.Mime..
Olympia: Hawlucha has no place here to be frank. Fletchinder would be neutral.
Wulfric: Hawlucha is weak to Ice, but Ice is weak to Hawlucha.. Then there's Talonflame, not weak to Ice and effective against it. Especially Abomasnow, leading me to believe that the writers will allow it to go Mega to make it a fair fight.

Yes, Pignite had those same things going for it in the Brycen match, but the newly caught Krokorok had to get a shining moment before evolving.. Which was totally illogical to use in an Ice-type gym, but anyways.. Ash is notorious for simply not understanding the Ice-type.. The loser used a Glalie in a match against Quilava and Charizard..

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Fletchinder can easily star with Ramos, have a nice role absorbing Fairy attacks and have a shot with Wulfric. It has plenty of chances to shine. The only question is... will the producers let it?

People need to stop with this excuse. Oh it could star later, oh it could star later. Unless you can 100% prove it, go away. This excuse was stupid with Voila and it's stupid now.

The perfect place is the grass gym where both of Fletchinder's types are supereffective.

Oh, so Fletchinder isn't super effective against Korrina's fighting types and Lucario, got it.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
People need to stop with this excuse. Oh it could star later, oh it could star later. Unless you can 100% prove it, go away. This excuse was stupid with Voila and it's stupid now.

We have no proof about Korrina either. But with the other Gym Leaders it would have an even better role. Locormus has resumed it nicely:

I agree with this, but the same applies to Hawlucha..

Mega Lucario: Weak to Fire and Fighting..
Ramos' lot: Weak to Fire and Flying, so technically more advantageous for Fletchinder, especially since his Jumpluff and Weepinbell aren't weak to Fighting-type moves..
Clemont: Magneton is weak to both Fighting and Fire, so there's the two birds vying for their win, but Hawlucha has an edge over Heliolisk that Fletchinder doesn't have.
Valerie: Fletchinder has the resistance. Hawlucha has the weakness, double so to Mr.Mime..
Olympia: Hawlucha has no place here to be frank. Fletchinder would be neutral.
Wulfric: Hawlucha is weak to Ice, but Ice is weak to Hawlucha.. Then there's Talonflame, not weak to Ice and effective against it. Especially Abomasnow, leading me to believe that the writers will allow it to go Mega to make it a fair fight.

Fletchinder/Talonflame is especially advantaged toward Ramos, Valerie and Wulfric. So don't put the cart in front of the Ponyta yet.

diakyu

Oh, so Fletchinder isn't super effective against Korrina's fighting types and Lucario, got it.
You missed what I meant. Yes flying is supereffective against fighting, but both of Fletchinder's types are supereffective against grass types. Fletchinder is no more a perfect match for a fighting type than Hawlucha is, while Fletchinder has a bigger advantage in the grass gym even though they both have an advantage there.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
We have no proof about Korrina either. But with the other Gym Leaders it would have an even better role. Locormus has resumed it nicely:

Fletchinder/Talonflame is especially advantaged toward Ramos, Valerie and Wulfric. So don't put the cart in front of the Ponyta yet.

Exactly. The sooner it stars the better. We can keep saying it can star later or it has a better chance later but for all we know, it won't. Ash can use Pikachu, Froakie, and Hawlucha in gym for for all we know. They did it with Burgh, they can do it again.

Also he's not especially advantaged against Valerie. Sure he can beat Mawile but he only resists the other two.

You missed what I meant. Yes flying is supereffective against fighting, but both of Fletchinder's types are supereffective against grass types. Fletchinder is no more a perfect match for a fighting type than Hawlucha is, while Fletchinder has a bigger advantage in the grass gym even though they both have an advantage there.

So why the hell should Hawlucha star if he is no better off??

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Also he's not especially advantaged against Valerie. Sure he can beat Mawile but he only resists the other two.

It has a resistance though, while Hawlucha is weak to all of them. That's what sets them apart and what makes the bird the best choice, especially if Ash keeps the same four Pokemon until then. Pikachu may have Iron Tail to deal supereffective damage, but so can Fletchinder/Talonflame with Steel Wing.

diakyu

So why the hell should Hawlucha star if he is no better off??
Because Fletchinder can star in the next gym, which as I've already established is a better fit for him. Why are you so dead set on him starring here? Not to mention Hawlucha is screwed when it comes to gyms after Ramos since he's weak to all of them.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It has a resistance though, while Hawlucha is weak to all of them. That's what sets them apart and what makes the bird the best choice, especially if Ash keeps the same four Pokemon until then. Pikachu may have Iron Tail to deal supereffective damage, but so can Fletchinder/Talonflame with Steel Wing.

Yes, we've all seen how effective Steel Wing has been lol.

Because Fletchinder can star in the next gym, which as I've already established is a better fit for him. Why are you so dead set on him starring here? Not to mention Hawlucha is screwed when it comes to gyms after Ramos since he's weak to all of them.

Again CAN, not WILL. Ash might not even use him there for all we know.

First of all, Fletchling should have already starred in a gym(first). That's exactly why I am dead set on him staring here, because there is no guarantee.

Hawlucha is a new capture and doesn't need the wins as much as Fletchinder does.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Yes, we've all seen how effective Steel Wing has been lol.

It has done a pretty good damage to Vivillon during the rematch. It's a decent move, if used correctly.

After all, Fletchling is a tiny bird with tiny wings. Imagine a Steel Wing from Talonflame much bigger wings.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It has done a pretty good damage to Vivillon during the rematch. It's a decent move, if used correctly.

After all, Fletchling is a tiny bird with tiny wings. Imagine a Steel Wing from Talonflame big wings.

Meh, if I remember correctly, it only hit her once.

It's not really the move that's the problem, it's the size. Hopefully Fletchinder will be able to use it better thanks to increased size.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Seeing Hawlucha possibly beating Froakie is sad, even if it's a practice battle imo. I still don't get the point of Hawlucha's title when he's going to leave the forest anyway.

X Drake

I Am Groot
Seeing Hawlucha possibly beating Froakie is sad, even if it's a practice battle imo. I still don't get the point of Hawlucha's title when he's going to leave the forest anyway.
It's going to leave the village with it's title intact or leave with the title.It would be the best way to leave an area,with being the undefeated or the strongest person in the area.

KKS-Lapras

It's also Ash's Main Fire type pokemon,and a pokemon that could potentially become stronger than Ash's Swellow and Starapter.It's not just a searching bird.

It has the potential to be Ash's most unique regional bird. It serves several key functions within the group.

X Drake

I Am Groot
It has the potential to be Ash's most unique regional bird. It serves several key functions within the group.
Definitely can be Ash's most unique bird pokemon.It already is doing what the rest of Ash's bird pokemon usually do(scouting and searching) and the main flying type,as long as Hawlucha doesn't become that.And will most likely be the main fire type this time,which IIRC would be the first time Ash's pokemon hold two important roles in his team.

zzz1000120

Well it can be just a pride thing or it can be since I'm the best in the forest, I know there is someone out there stronger than me situation with hawlucha.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Definitely can be Ash's most unique bird pokemon.It already is doing what the rest of Ash's bird pokemon usually do(scouting and searching) and the main flying type,as long as Hawlucha doesn't become that.And will most likely be the main fire type this time,which IIRC would be the first time Ash's pokemon hold two important roles in his team.

Gliscor didn't really detract from Staraptor, so it could happen the same between Fletchinder/Talonflame and Hawlucha. Just because they're both Flying-types doesn't necessarily mean that the bird will lose focus.

After all, all Fire-types not named Torkoal (to an extent) got a nice treatment. The same could happen for the fiery hawk.

X Drake

I Am Groot
Gliscor didn't really detract from Staraptor, so it could happen the same between Fletchinder/Talonflame and Hawlucha. Just because they're both Flying-types doesn't necessarily mean that the bird will lose focus.

After all, all Fire-types not named Torkoal (to an extent) got a nice treatment. The same could happen for the fiery hawk.
True Gliscor did have a much different fighting style then Starapter,so hopefully the same is done for Hawlucha.And based on the previews we have seen already,it definitely has a different fighting style compared to Fletchinder,which involves jumping,running and occasionally flying/gliding,while grappling enemies.I wonder how he is going to fight here,because his usual fighting style may not be as effective here compared to his previous opponents

Status
Not open for further replies.