• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 10: XY035 - The Forest Champion! Enter Hawlucha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcySealeo

Giving Ash a Pokemon that can't evolve this early in the series makes the handling of this Pokemon a bit harder, because they will have to write some interesting character development for him. I mean, unless they make it an interesting character, I can't see it being that memorable.

Looking back, Ash has three Pokemon that can't evolve: Snorlax, Hercaross and Torkoal. The writers were smart enough to cover that "weakness" with Snorlax being lazy and the love for food, Torkoal with its unique personality (crying), and Heracross... well, during Johto it didn't really had much of effect, except for eating sap. I don't know how they will make Hawlucha interesting, but they will need to come up with something that will have effect until the end of the series, and the disadvantage is that Ash catches Hawlucha that early.

X Drake

I Am Groot
Giving Ash a Pokemon that can't evolve this early in the series makes the handling of this Pokemon a bit harder, because they will have to write some interesting character development for him. I mean, unless they make it an interesting character, I can't see it being that memorable.

Looking back, Ash has three Pokemon that can't evolve: Snorlax, Hercaross and Torkoal. The writers were smart enough to cover that "weakness" with Snorlax being lazy and the love for food, Torkoal with its unique personality (crying), and Heracross... well, during Johto it didn't really had much of effect, except for eating sap. I don't know how they will make Hawlucha interesting, but they will need to come up with something that will have effect until the end of the series, and the disadvantage is that Ash catches Hawlucha that early.
He seems to have a very dramatic kind of personality(when he removes the grass mask and all)

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
My only concern is that hawlucha would be too similar to froakie. Froakie has already shown that he likes to be heroic, but also act yough at the same time, and he does the thing with the frubble mask.

Sephora

yes I'm back
My only concern is that hawlucha would be too similar to froakie. Froakie has already shown that he likes to be heroic, but also act yough at the same time, and he does the thing with the frubble mask.

I have the same concern tbh. There is only so much personalities the writers could give to the pokemon in the cast until they become copies of one another. Because I feel like Froakie is very similar to Buizel, and I worry Hawlucha will follow after him and Froakie.

X Drake

I Am Groot
I have the same concern tbh. There is only so much personalities the writers could give to the pokemon in the cast until they become copies of one another. Because I feel like Froakie is very similar to Buizel, and I worry Hawlucha will follow after him and Froakie.
Buizel and Froakie are quite different in personality actually. Buizel was the type to look cool and rarely mix with the other pokemon,Buizel also was very prideful and loved to battle.Froakie on the other hand will mixes with the rest of the pokemon,and is not as prideful or battle hungry and is more careful compared to Buizel.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Hawlucha is a strong fighting type in the game itself, so why not a PowerHouse for Ash's team? Having no evolution doesn't make it limited.

I'm saying that nothing confirms that Hawlucha will be a powerhouse yet, not that it can't become one eventually. This is exactly the same hype that Froakie received at first and yet in 30 episodes he's only got one official win and one from a practice battle. I'm willing to bet that Hawlucha will be more of the same until late XY imo.

nameman

I'm saying that nothing confirms that Hawlucha will be a powerhouse yet, not that it can't become one eventually. This is exactly the same hype that Froakie received at first and yet in 30 episodes he's only got one official win and one from a practice battle. I'm willing to bet that Hawlucha will be more of the same until late XY imo.

That's because Froakie isn't that strong of a Pokemon anyway. Hawlucha is expected to be like Buizel was in DP because he's naturally strong for a Basic Pokemon.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
That's because Froakie isn't that strong of a Pokemon anyway. Hawlucha is expected to be like Buizel was in DP because he's naturally strong for a Basic Pokemon.

Again, that's no different from how Froakie was hyped. He was originally thought to be the next Buizel given his "cool" personality and yet it hasn't come to pass. Hawlucha is in the same boat; it's being hyped up as a powerhouse despite us knowing very little about it.

KKS-Lapras

Froakie never reminded me of Buizel. He reminds me of a mix of Treecko, though a slightly more jovial take, and Chimchar, minus the emotional sad aspect of his personality.

Hawlucha seems more like Buizel, though from what I've seen, he'll lack the more independent aspect, and show more enjoyment in being part of the group.

sheld999

now ash will have a full team of flying pokemon for a flying battlem round in the league ( if they do one ) or a flying battle tournament( post league )

KKS-Lapras

now ash will have a full team of flying pokemon for a flying battlem round in the league ( if they do one ) or a flying battle tournament( post league )

If he somehow gets back Pidgeot, then yes, he would, but unless the Anime just ignores the rules of Aerial Battles from the games, Hawlucha isn't able to participate.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
If he somehow gets back Pidgeot, then yes, he would, but unless the Anime just ignores the rules of Aerial Battles from the games, Hawlucha isn't able to participate.
Charizard
Gliscor
Swellow
Staraptor
Unfezant
Noctowl
Fletchlinder
More than enough

KKS-Lapras

Charizard
Gliscor
Swellow
Staraptor
Unfezant
Noctowl
Fletchlinder
More than enough

Oh, well, yes, if all those can, then he would be set. I just thought Hawlucha wasn't allowed and I forgot about a couple of the others.

Darkrai619

Pokemon Veteran
As long as Hawlucha has enough balance in personality and moves to fit that personality. I'm a big Hawlucha fan so I was pleased when I found out Ash was getting one. If Hawlucha proves itself I can see it stronger than Heracross in my opinion.

Dax

Legend
Hawlucha looks kind of amazing in the preview. I guess I always thought it was bigger, but it shouldn't be a problem if it's a good fighter. I'm concerned about its personality, though. I hope it doesn't get the stock badass traits that other pokemons have had. It's already unique so I hope they play with that.

Inferno792

Food Wars

Froakie has one official win and one official loss. So it's 50-50 atm.

Buizel and hawlucha will be different. Buisel lost it's shine as DP progressed, but Hawlucha is expected to be a powerhouse even after other pokemon like Froakie and Flethcling evolve and become equally powerful.

Again, that's no different from how Froakie was hyped. He was originally thought to be the next Buizel given his "cool" personality and yet it hasn't come to pass. Hawlucha is in the same boat; it's being hyped up as a powerhouse despite us knowing very little about it.

Why are all you guys comparing Froakie to Buisel?
Froakie will be much more like Treecko.(Treecko acted cooler though and wasn't social).

As long as Hawlucha has enough balance in personality and moves to fit that personality. I'm a big Hawlucha fan so I was pleased when I found out Ash was getting one. If Hawlucha proves itself I can see it stronger than Heracross in my opinion.

I wouldn't say Hawlucha will be stronger than Heracross anytime soon. They could be on par by the Kalos League.

Last edited:

nameman

Buizel and hawlucha will be different. Buisel lost it's shine as DP progressed, but Hawlucha is expected to be a powerhouse even after other pokemon like Froakie and Flethcling evolve and become equally powerful.

Why are all you guys comparing Froakie to Buisel?
Froakie will be much more like Treecko.(Treecko acted cooler though and wasn't social).

I wouldn't say Hawlucha will be stronger than Heracross anytime soon. They could be on par by the Kalos League.

Hawlucha can be like both Buizel and Heracross in all honesty.

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury

Yeah, agreed here. I thought Froakie would've been a blast in the first few episodes, but nothing happened similar to that.. Maybe Hawlucha can approach to become a powerhouse quite soon than Froakie? It doesn't need to evolve, too.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
I have the answer of why the original airdate of Hawlucha episode was after the movie, which in theory it doesn0t make sense.

Contrary to popular believe, the break on June 26th is not because of Naruto Shippuden. It's for a music special of 5 hours celebrating TV Tokyo 50th Anniversary.

Source: http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/kaisha/message/

Last edited:

RVD_fan

Actually I think it's 1-2, officially he lost to both Sylveon and Frogadier and has only won against Onix.

Status
Not open for further replies.