• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 10: XY035 - The Forest Champion! Enter Hawlucha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

Galvantula1992

I can't wait for this episode. I can't wait for Ash to catch Hawlucha; it's my favourite Pokémon this gen. It's a really marketable Pokémon, based on its design; what I thought when I first saw it. I really wanted it to be one of the Pokémon Ash catches in Kalos, if not someone else in the team and thought that they would. I can see it being one of his powerhouses of all the Pokémon he catches in this region and doing well for him in the Kalos League.

X Drake

I Am Groot
I can't wait for this episode. I can't wait for Ash to catch Hawlucha; it's my favourite Pokémon this gen. It's a really marketable Pokémon, based on its design; what I thought when I first saw it. I really wanted it to be one of the Pokémon Ash catches in Kalos, if not someone else in the team and thought that they would. I can see it being one of his powerhouses of all the Pokémon he catches in this region and doing well for him in the Kalos League.
Most likely going to to be his 3rd or 4th strongest pokemon(right below Greninja if it evolves,Pikachu and maybe Talonflame) in this region.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
My heart still weeps for Ursaring; why must it always be a bad guy? I'm not interested in Ash and Hawlucha's training anymore; I just wonder what Serena and the others will do in the meantime.

Janovy

Banned
Satoshi and Luchabull start training in order to perfect the finishing move "Flying Press" together, but then some really nasty Pokémon sneak up on them...!

Wooo! This implies we will be getting more evil Pokémon, sounds nice!

Seviper009

ii kanji
I just wonder what Serena and the others will do in the meantime.

I have a small hunch that they get trapped by Team Rocket and that Ash and Hawlucha have to save them.

Actually it's something that I want to happen, Clemont and Serena losing to Team Rocket, because, I could be wrong, they never won without Ash by their side. Serena needs to catch more Pokémon and train her Fennekin, but Clemont needs to train too, as we saw how he got trashed by Team Rocket last episode.

However if Ash gets separated from Serena, Clemont and Bonnie, then it could also become like the Treecko capture episode, that they won't appear that much.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I have a small hunch that they get trapped by Team Rocket and that Ash and Hawlucha have to save them.

I kind of wanted them to be more active especially now that Korrina's gone, but alas, they'll likely be background characters again here. :x

i was hoping we would get a froakie or fletchling vs hawlucha this episode because im tired of the whole "i help u/we bond/join the group" concept when it comes to capturing pokemon, the pokemon should be battled especially when we are talking about an ash capture

KKS-Lapras

i was hoping we would get a froakie or fletchling vs hawlucha this episode because im tired of the whole "i help u/we bond/join the group" concept when it comes to capturing pokemon, the pokemon should be battled especially when we are talking about an ash capture

That's an opinion of some, I personally disagree. I don't care how Ash end up with a Pokemon, it's nice to see his team grow regardless how it comes to pass.

batman14

That's an opinion of some, I personally disagree. I don't care how Ash end up with a Pokemon, it's nice to see his team grow regardless how it comes to pass.

I agree I don't really care how they end up but if I had to pick I would say bound then battle them but that I just me

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Preview
- Hawlucha flies above Ash and Pikachu.
- Hawlucha battles a Machamp and an Ursaring.
- Froakie battles Hawlucha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4XPo99gj78

so i guess no new clips aside from hawlucha flying from ash & pikachu, the other two seems something we most already know based form the corocoro scans

And iirc this is the first time Pachirisu is seen that's not owned by Dawn correct?

yes but this isn't the first time a pokemon shown not owned by one of the old companions of ash , refer back to xy 22 where piplup are not owned by anyone.

Last edited:

JD

Hawlucha looked incredible. I'm glad that this is finally airing after a five-episode Mega arc full of Lucario.

And iirc this is the first time Pachirisu is seen that's not owned by Dawn correct?

Yeah I just noticed that too this is the first Pachirisu to appear that is wild.

IcySealeo

Yeah, I thought about it too. Actually, I'm very happy that we see Sentret, Patrat and Pachirisu. I'm very pleased with the big amount of Pokemon the writers use in episodes, unlike in BW where we've seen the same Pokemon over and over again. They get it that there are more than 700 Pokemon, so they need to use most of them in every opportunity they've got. I really like XY because of this.

zzz1000120

Looks like its confirm to have the moveset:
High jump kick
Brick break/karate chop/or some sort of other punch move
Flying press
Now what is the forth move?

Last edited:

X Drake

I Am Groot
Looks like its confirm to have the moveset:
High jump kick
Brick break/cross chop/or some sort of other punch move
Flying press
Now what is the forth move?

If the writers are trying to make it have it's in game natural moveset than that punching attack may be Karate Chop or Wing Attack,if it's not than it could be Brick Break or even X Scissors.Hawlucha doesn't learn Cross Chop so i doubt it's that move.

As For the 4th move it most likely won't be shown here and maybe later on.I guess it would most likely be a Pure Flying type attack,if he doesn't have any flying moves shown,a fighting type attack if he only has High Jump Kick ,Flying Press and a Pure flying type move in his debut episode as his fighting type move,or a move of a different type,most likely Rock,Bug or Normal type

Status
Not open for further replies.