1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

July 10th: M23 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: Coco (Feb 28: Story/profiles)

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

2. Dephender

3. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

Well!

Kid in the jungle.

Baby in the jungle.

Tarzan-like plot.

Must be the kid as a baby before the Rillaboom herd raised him.

Pokegirl Fan~ and KenzeyEevee like this.
  4. Power Up

Power Up ...

Looks like the only things worth watching from Pokemon anime are stuff Yajima has his imprints on. The guy is the best Pokemon director easily.

The character designs are noticeably more detailed while maintaining strong visual flow and animation. Once again proving you don't need to deform characters to have great animation. And yes I know this is a movie with a bigger budget.

I'm expecting fantastic animation with the full potential use of the 3D camera since Yajima knows how to use that oh so well. It's even noticeable from the trailer itself how strong the animation aspect looks to be.

Since Yajima also has writing credit, I'm hoping he brings back some of the XY spark in the script. Wouldn't mind seeing a noticeably more driven or a more older sort of personality in Ash since for the past 4 or so years, there's been the perpetuation of what I see to be a boring version of Ash in the mainline anime.

If Ash's character design is anything to go by, Yajima might just may meet or even exceed expectations

I'm waiting for you to make Amour canon in the movies Yajima. :oops:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  5. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

Yajima is a director who truly has an "artistic eye", can meet corporate demands and has passion for the series. No wonder Yuyama decided to keep him in the franchise.

I wouldn't doubt if Yuyama is setting him as his sucessor in the comand of the show (as in lead director). I would really welcome it!

04n70n10 and J.Agera like this.
  6. BabaVanga

BabaVanga Well-Known Member

Plot twist: it's Koharu
    Calem cries in the corner.

7. Kazuniya

Kazuniya Reading some posts

But why? The movies are usually non-canon, so it wouldn't mean much overall.

And hasn't Amour been canonized anyway in the main series, like in some interviews or something?

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  8. Power Up

Power Up ...

It was a joke...

mehmeh1 and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  9. J.Agera

J.Agera Reborn

Then he realised that he dosen't exist in the Anime.

10. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Samayo Kiri, Keeper of the Gates Ethereal

The movies aren't non-canon, they just can't be acknowledged directly in the show since there's a chance not everyone has seen the movie. But there are usually lead-in episodes to the movies (Mewtwo escaping Viridian Gym, the invention festival, etc.)

wolf jani and 04n70n10 like this.
  11. CabochonJaw

CabochonJaw Well-Known Member

Innocent this, innocent that... I was kinda suspicious of the baby before, but now I'm really suspicious. I'm not ruling anyone out as being an antagonist, except Ash/pikachu.

12. BabaVanga

BabaVanga Well-Known Member

Don't remind me, he didn't even get a cameo. :(

J.Agera and wolf jani like this.
  13. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I don't think that the baby is meant to be a fake-out and actually turn out to be an antagonist. That'd be a pretty interesting plot twist, but it's not something that I think the movie writer would pull since it seems too good for the Pokemon movies.

14. Dephender

15. Dephender

16. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  17. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

And yet they won't catch anything.

18. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I really like Pikachu's Hoeruko canteen. As for the presumable explorer/jungle safari theme of this movie, at least it would involve Satoshi exploring a biome that he doesn't ordinarily get to visit that often.

19. Dephender

20. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Being Human

Tomioka has the writing credit, not Yajima, though he'll probably do what you're saying
    EDIT:nvm, Yajima does have writing credit too. Thanks for correcting me, guys

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    Leonhart likes this.