1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

July 10th: M23 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: Coco (Feb 28: Story/profiles)

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Decidueye23

Decidueye23 Well-Known Member

It looks like what impidimps final form should have been

2. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Looks Grass/Dark to me. Certainly has that sinister edge.
    Grookey and it's evolved forms can still be in the film. Who knows maybe the new mythical can be the leader of a pack of them

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  3. lolipiece

lolipiece Check it out! Staff Member Moderator

We just got the clearly-a-tiger Zeraora in the same Gen as Incineroar.

And the new Mythical is thin while Rillaboom is beefy, also like Zeraora and Incineroar...

4. Red and Blue

Looks like this movie will be heavy on the Grass types.

Also if the mythical monkey is Grass/Dark that makes it sort of a dark parallel of Celebi who is Grass/Psyhic

5. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

It looks like a demon to me
    Haven't had a Dark mythical in quite some time so hopefully that's the case
    Hopefully the event is a serial code, that way we don't have to wait a decade and a half for the US release lol

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  6. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

The new silhouette resembles some sort of primate Pokemon, possibly a baboon although I'll save judgment until we get the complete design. I was expecting a small, cute Legendary/Mythical Pokemon, however.

Kawaii Emolga and KenzeyEevee like this.
  7. Red and Blue

The reason it's not a cute mythical this time may have to do with its co-star Celebi. No need for two cute myhicals

8. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

So it's not weird.

But a weird trend.

9. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Okay now that we have the full silhouette, it's pretty clear that the new mythical pokemon likely is based off of baboon, where before when only had part of it one could have argued that what we were seeing was some sort of bird pokemon with us seeing what we now know is arms as legs at the time. So now that we have an idea of what it is, Grass/Dark does seem to be a likely option given from the shape of the silhouette.

10. Pokemon Power

Pokemon Power Well-Known Member

Makes sense that the new mythical Pokemon is a monkey, since the film will be set in the jungle.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  11. Havent we got enough monkey types already? Chimcar, Pansear, Pansage, Panpour, Orangeru, Passimian, Mankey, Aipom, Grookey, slaking etc.

Kawaii Emolga and janejane6178 like this.
  12. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

So what there just not suppose to ever make a pokemon based off a type of monkey ever again? There is no reason why multiple pokemon can't be based off of similar animals especially considering that almost all the pokemon you just mentioned are pretty much based off of different species of monkeys or apes, except for Slaking which based off more of a Giant Ground Sloth, although it does have some ape traits. Plus I don't see you complaining about the amount of pokemon that we have that are based off of birds, and fish. Look when your creating a huge amount of pokemon it makes sense that some are going to be based off similar animals.

Plus you look at real life it's not like there is only one type of cat, fish, dog, bug, snake, rodent, bat there are multiples types of each animal and plant along with others, so to have a lot of pokemon that are based on types of monkeys or apes is not weird and it actually makes a lot of sense.

J. D. Guy likes this.
  13. Dragalge

Dragalge Larry, Buznut, Countey, Astar, Feh, & Eggbert

Have you ever seen more than one kind of bird?

14. Red and Blue

At this rate I'm expecting the next trailer to introduce a female OC who will be the "Jane" of the film. And possibly the villain who will be Clayton

15. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

I'm laughing at how the partial silhouette didn't do the mythical Pokemon any justice at all. People just guessing on what it is, meanwhile majority of the beast is just covered, well they know how to do Silhouette's right, because the first guess at a silhouette was hilarious in comparison to full silhouette.

16. lolipiece

lolipiece Check it out! Staff Member Moderator

So the villain's gonna die by neck-snapping? Sounds oddly dark for Pokemon, but I'm all for it.

I apologize in advance to the parents who will have to console their mentally scarred children, though.

17. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

's fine. If there's a Celebi in this movie, it will get all the neck strangling rights as it's always gotten before.

Kawaii Emolga and KenzeyEevee like this.
  18. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

19. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Samayo Kiri, Keeper of the Gates Ethereal

Are you implying owls are birds?

20. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

If kids can survive Pikachu talking, luxray dying, and everything about Everyone's Story, I'm sure they can handle someone getting their neck broken :p