• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Dec 25th: M23 - Pocket Monsters the Movie: Coco (Feb 28: Story/profiles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So Go won't be in this either? If Ash can travel alone in films, why can't do that with the actual series? It'd save the staff so many more issues, just leave Team Rockst in like you do with these things and you'd be good.

That's really how it should be. They can't make interesting new main characters anymore

dman_dustin

It's not going to happen, but I think the art style could make this very interesting, and maybe pseudo spoilers for what COULD happen in the main series but perhaps not.

Some of you aren't going to like this, but if you know me, I at least think it would be interesting and cool nonetheless.

AU Ash sends out a Grimmsnarl as his main Pokemon in this movie (after Pikachu of course). I think it would be amazing to have Grimmsnarl animated with this art style/direction.

That's it. Thank you for disliking my comment, the door's right there, make sure to close the gate on your way out.

Aside from that though it would be interesting to see Dragonite/Gengar on Ash's AU team.

Zoruagible

It's not going to happen, but I think the art style could make this very interesting, and maybe pseudo spoilers for what COULD happen in the main series but perhaps not.

Some of you aren't going to like this, but if you know me, I at least think it would be interesting and cool nonetheless.

AU Ash sends out a Grimmsnarl as his main Pokemon in this movie (after Pikachu of course). I think it would be amazing to have Grimmsnarl animated with this art style/direction.

That's it. Thank you for disliking my comment, the door's right there, make sure to close the gate on your way out.

Aside from that though it would be interesting to see Dragonite/Gengar on Ash's AU team.

I'd be perfectly okay with him owning Grimmsnarl but if and only if, Morpeko isn't on the main cast. Marnie needs something exclusive to her

thor94

Dammit, they fused Tarzan's warrior status with her mother's caring side. We know Ash is Jane and Pikachu is Professor Archimedes Quincy Porter.

Who's gonna be Terk.
And Coco will see ash as potential mate and will try to do fluffy thing with him like his fellow wild pokemon do between each other (maybe the reason why we see him blushing like a tomato in that hot spring is because some feeling he has for Ash and not the heat)

Last edited:

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion

Pretty sure they're only letting Ash use Pikachu in the AU movies nowadays so they can show off new characters and other pokemon

Ash hasn't been the main character for a while now, and that's fine.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So I'm guessing The Isle of Armor released June 15th to be in line with Zarude distribution.
That raises a question:
Will Zarude be available for standard Sword/Shield or just expansions?
Unless they will update the dex for SwSh (you don't have to have expansions to get the extra Pokemon) and add Zarude to game Code at The same point.

Zoruagible

So I'm guessing The Isle of Armor released June 15th to be in line with Zarude distribution.
That raises a question:
Will Zarude be available for standard Sword/Shield or just expansions?
Unless they will update the dex for SwSh (you don't have to have expansions to get the extra Pokemon) and add Zarude to game Code at The same point.

Well if Zarude is obtainable in the DLC, then shiny Celebi will probably be the event we usually get(Hopefully the US actually gets that if it happens though. No Red Genesect repeat...)

PreschoolerFromNowhere

I think a lot of people was confused about the new pokemon even i think it already clear as they said in the direct and also on the DLC website, first of all, your "basic/standard" sword and shield when you bought it from the store only have a data for 400 Pokemons along with about 30+ pokemons that you can bring it in with home and some event(like Kanto, Alola starters)and then when the DLC direct was showed, your "basic/standard" got a data update, now you can meet, catch and use galarain slowpoke

See what it mean? As they said, when the DLC keep coming out, your data in your "basic/standard" sword and shield game keep getting bigger and bigger as the data for the new Pokemon get into your software, it a free update, Masuda said it in the direct, if you don't buy DLC, bang! You will get a free data update of return Pokemon in DLC along with the data of the new one, otherwise, when you ran into some people who use Zarude or Kubfu in the raid, your game will not able to tell what the freak is that thing suppose to be and bang, you game crash but since all of the data for those Pokemon are free update, once you update it, if you see them in raid, online camp or online battle, your game work fine, you can even begging for people to trade you those new Pokemon and you will able to use it just fine without buying the DLC (by the way, when i said game data, i mean the model, animation, move data and all)

Zarude is the same, it might be not get his own event to catch like the past games but at that time, the game will update your basic data and you can get your own Zarude just fine, even with DLC or not

By the way, on the ticket code website, it said you can use code for Shiny celebi and Zarude even you don't buy DLC so it already clear from the start.

diakyu

It really depends on how Japan is doing come release date. If it gets worse leading into May then expect a change

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I found interesting that it seems like there's no news about it at all. Unless I'm mistaken you got a lot more information by this time of the year.

It's understandable given the situation but still curious.

I really feel bad for Yajima. He seems to have really put his all on this one since he is even co-writting it with Tomioka, now he'll never know how the movie would have really performed with the audience (since even a box office underperformance wouldn't quite be an answer since it could be explained it was because of the current situation).

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I hope this doesn't get delayed since this looks like a lot of fun. But if does then at least there's an understandable reason for it.

Also slightly off topic and nobody probably cares but Inteleon and Cinderace are apparently confirmed to be in the movie too.

Nice to see more than one starter getting attention in the movies (Hi Incineroar :rolleyes:)

I wonder how these two will be portrayed in the movie?

Gen 6 had the Starters paired with Antagonists.

Gen 7 had Incineroar owned by a Rival

Villainous Duo Cinderace and Inteleon incoming? :p

Zoruagible

Nice to see more than one starter getting attention in the movies (Hi Incineroar :rolleyes:)
It already felt forced having one trainer with Alola Pokemon walking around in Kanto/episode 1 remake, it would have felt really forced had they shoved the others in as well. As for the other movie? It should have had more Alola Pokemon, not just a freaking Lurantis and the star

I'm glad this one already seems to have plenty of Galar Pokemon, hopefully there's even more as the main anime sure isn't showing them off much atm

Status
Not open for further replies.